Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 22nd, 2021, 04:50 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Low-Light / Vote 4 Public PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
"For the rest of" to me implies that there is something in-game that triggered it.
I meant more in general. Classic uses all 3 totally haphazardly, but for stuff that is triggered by something, I prefer 'for the rest of'.

For something like this that's just there from the start, I do agree 'for the entire' makes sense.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old August 25th, 2021, 01:17 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Calling this on time.
Old August 25th, 2021, 01:19 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Good, any longer and we'd have to call on thyme. And no one wants that.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old August 25th, 2021, 01:33 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Low-Light / Public PT

Way to ignore conversation about how the powers work and push things forward.
Old September 1st, 2021, 07:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Results are in from Eric. I'll let you digest his comments on your own and let me know what you think. Looks like Low-Light had some solid damage output even though he was prevented from attacking by a Fog Cloud 3 times in the first game, then one shot killed in the second. The one-shot drop isn't all that uncommon for the 4 life/4 def crowd, just usually is from a heavy hitter taking a whack at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74
Below are my playtest results. One massive win and one big loss. Unfortunately Low-Light wasn't a big factor in either game. Fog got him in game one, death got him in game two.

Let me know if you need more info.

Eric

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Low Light

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Martian War Zone
Units: Duke, Breaker, Scarlet, Snow Job, Low-Light VS Captain Cold II, Abra Kadabra, Weather Wizard, Plunder, Rainbow Raider, Skrull Infiltrator
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Hydra Base
Units: Duke, Breaker, Grunt, Scarlet, Snow Job, Rip Cord, Low-Light, Kick-Ass VS Royal Flush Gang
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I like all the things that Low Light brings to the table but I think he's a little too expensive. I feel like I would draft Rip Cord at 130 pts over Low Light at 160. I think I'd like Low Light a lot more at 110 or 120. More than 120 I'm taking Rip.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Low Light feels like a sniper. He has a sniper power set and a strong 1st power, Night Fighter. My only issue with that power is that there aren't a lot of shadow spaces on most C3G maps to take full advantage of it. Most of the time I think gaining height is the better option. Take away Night Fighter and Low Light is a 4 life SHIELD Sniper/Spotter in one. That's not a bad thing, but to me its an expensive thing. Earlier I said that I think Rip Cord is a better, cheaper option. Both start with a range of 7, but I can drop Rip Cord wherever I want, whenever I want. I don't have to take the extra turns or movement to get there. With either figure I can utilize the Duke/Breaker combo to get attacks off, with Rip Cord I can get the shot off quicker and usually not worry about the extra range that Low Light gives me, plus he has bombs. I've played quite a few games with the Joe team but I still feel like I'm learning how to play them properly to take advantage of all there tricks. Getting the Fire Team figures forward to help out, moving Scarlet forward to get her defensive bonus going or dropping Rip and his bombs at the right time. Now you add Low Light and his big range it can be challenging to get it all going. Duke and Breaker can give you flexibility, but once Duke drops it's tough going.
Old September 2nd, 2021, 12:29 AM
C3G Landlord

Here is a follow-up comment from Eric:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74
In hindsight I think I could have played Duke a little better, I moved him forward to much early in game 1. He died in both games. I had a hard time try to prioritize who I should be giving his movements to, lots of options. But it's a fun puzzle to figure out!
Old September 2nd, 2021, 01:20 AM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I found Low-light to be very similar. A very good early game threat with his good range, but with extremely swingy hits. He either hits very hard or little to nothing for damage. After a couple of rounds he is not worth the OM as the enemy gets in close. I think his cost should still remain fairly high as when his hits succeed, it could be the deciding factor in the game. I had him one-shot take out Batman. He doesn't consistently hit great, but when he does...

I give eric props for using the RFG, that's 10 of my cards all in one game. Although he did list King with only 2 Life remaining at the end, where he should have 3.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old September 2nd, 2021, 03:14 AM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, I wanted to let others review it for themselves, but I was thinking Low-Light was showing out fairly well in his games and wasn't planning on asking for a points drop as of right now. Personally I'm fine with it if his role on the Joe team is an early game striker used to soften up the enemy before others take over. Seems fairly spot on for a sniper. When facing high defense units, he'll continue to be considered an option as well.

Then their is the anti-shadow tile niche role he fills for them, which should come with some kind of points cost to the unit. Agree with him that few maps really utilize the shadow tiles, but their are a few units that can bring them into play and anyone can make up an "at night" scenario for their game at any time if they really want to get him into a game. I don't view him as a core Joe after all, so if he only pops up onto teams here and there I'm cool with that.

Thanks for the feedback Fret! Seeing so many of your cards in action at once is pretty cool.
Old September 2nd, 2021, 06:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Seems like he'd get more out of Night Fighter if you paired him with someone who puts shadow on the battlefield. Then he can become safe from range, he and his allies can have +1, and his power can prevent enemies from really taking advantage of the shadow.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 2nd, 2021, 03:26 PM
C3G Landlord

How do they get +1? His power just negates the +1 defense bonus shadow gives you, it doesn't add anything to your own attack.
Old September 2nd, 2021, 04:00 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
How do they get +1? His power just negates the +1 defense bonus shadow gives you, it doesn't add anything to your own attack.
Apologies for the short hand. His team gets the +1 defense from shadow.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 2nd, 2021, 05:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Ah, okay now I follow.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library