Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 27th, 2016, 08:40 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 1/6/16

I picked up this figure recently, and it looks like he'll fit right in with the classic vamps. In fact, he sort of dwarfs Cyprien, which got me thinking -- Cyp and Marcu are brothers, right, so what about dear old dad? Here's my draft idea.

Morbius Esenwein. 200 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Yes, yes, I know. Four powers.

I figure since he outranks his kids, he should be the King. (I have a few custom powers that target Kings and Queens, so, yeah.) He'll lose the synergy with the Skeletons of A, but the way I see it, you're going to keep him in the background, use TERRIBILIS REX to boost your Terrifying army, and then use him to clean up against wounded figures to maximize BLOOD FRENZY.

A few other thoughts: T REX counts OMs on all Terrifying cards -- yours, friendlies, opponents. Not sure if that's a new idea (probably not, given the thousands of customs here) but I like it. I've priced him assuming +1.5 dice for Blood Frenzy, so he's probably vulnerable to swarming squads since they are not as tasty. I was tempted to amend Blood Frenzy to exclude destructible objects, but I'd rather not mess with official powers just because I have a thematic disagreement with them.

Taking suggestions for the first name. I just went with the figure name but it doesn't have the Eastern Euro feel of the other Esenweins.
Old January 29th, 2016, 01:00 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Another figure I've been working on in draft:

Lord Nevermore
Spoiler Alert!

It's really a striking figure -- very tall, all black with a silver bow and a silver mask. This picture doesn't really do it justice, I'll have to find another. I started with Kaemon Awa, swapping a defense for a life and keeping QRSA. Replaced Counter Strike with Mask of Terror from Akumaken. I don't know if this will balance out, but it's a good first draft. Thanks for taking a look!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old February 1st, 2016, 01:16 PM

Hey! A new card!

78th Precinct Patrolmen. 2-man squad that bonds with Lawmen Heroes, most of the time.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old February 1st, 2016, 01:23 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice card!
If you wanted to sell the Call for Backup ability theme wise, you could make it so that it works better or only works when the Lawman hero is in combat. Not sure exactly how you would word it, it could be wound markers or the Lawman being engaged to an opponent's figure.
Just an idea.
Old February 1st, 2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
Nice card!
If you wanted to sell the Call for Backup ability theme wise, you could make it so that it works better or only works when the Lawman hero is in combat. Not sure exactly how you would word it, it could be wound markers or the Lawman being engaged to an opponent's figure.
Just an idea.
I like that idea!

Maybe something like:
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Lawman Hero you control, you may first roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 for each wound marker on that Hero's Army Card. If you roll a 6 or higher, you may first take a turn with the 78th Precinct Patrolmen.
Look for a new version of the card soon...
Old February 1st, 2016, 04:21 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Patrolmen: Cowboys of any sort could always use the help You might want to be careful with Protect & Serve, however. I could see someone just using these guys to surround Raelin or Q9 and act as bullet sponges for them - they are only 40 points.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 1st, 2016, 05:28 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Patrolmen: Cowboys of any sort could always use the help You might want to be careful with Protect & Serve, however. I could see someone just using these guys to surround Raelin or Q9 and act as bullet sponges for them - they are only 40 points.

~TAF
An easy fix (not necessarily the best one for the custom) would be making Protect and Serve only work on humans. It would work theme wise, but wouldn't completely remove some cool cross-faction combos.
Old February 1st, 2016, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post

~TAF
An easy fix (not necessarily the best one for the custom) would be making Protect and Serve only work on humans. It would work theme wise, but wouldn't completely remove some cool cross-faction combos.
I like the idea... Jandar only might also work...

It seems from reading the The Book of 5th Precinct Beat Cops that the mitigating factor to "Protect and Serve" is the coordination of moving your Cops into place next to your high-cost Heroes. Now that I've added a bonding power, that makes it easier to move the Cops into place.

Perhaps "Backup" could require a wounded Lawman, or at least make the number of wounds on a Lawman a much greater factor in whether the power triggers. All theoryscape at this point, of course. Thanks for your ideas.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 10:48 PM

OK, so here's take two!

I've dropped the d20 roll in favor of consistent "Backup" for wounded and/or engaged Lawmen Heroes. Which works thematically, and makes it harder to move your "mobile life points" into place next to Raelin etc. early in the game.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old February 4th, 2016, 12:16 AM

How about some vampires?

First, the above mentioned Big Daddy of the Esenwein Clan:

Next, his wayward daughter, Ilyeana. This isn't my design! It belongs to @Son of Arathorn , and you can see his original design here. I found this figure (it's a Heroclix "Satana Hellstrom") and thought it would work well for that design. The original figure has a bared midriff that I thought looked, well, silly. So I gave her a makeover with a bit of black paint.

My apologies to SoA for renaming his power. This figure lacks an Orb, so "Vydar's Orb" didn't work, so I went with "Vampiric Domination."

Finally, an Uncommon Vampire Minion:

OK, so a Vampire in Daisy Dukes doesn't exactly scream "Feylund" but she'll fit right in as a Minion for Spike and Drusilla.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old February 7th, 2016, 02:16 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For Morbius's first name, maybe Vladimir? Igor? Kamil? Greg?

Why the name Terribilus Rex? It seems a bit silly, although I'm not sure if that's what you're going for.

T. Rex helps out the Esenweins somewhat, but isn't that big a boost. I'd think most of his points are coming from those terrifying stats. Still, a bigger incentive to using Iskra or spreading around order markers would be nice, though for the life of me I can't figure one out other than the fact that Big M, Cyp, Sonya, Iskra, and the Retchets comes out to a nice 495 points.

I love the figure.

I also really like Lord Nevermore. A Demon Lord makes him really cool, reanimating Skeletons around him as a meat shield would be fun, even if their attack takes a hit. I like his combo of abilities, they go good with the miniature. What's its availability like?

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old February 8th, 2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
For Morbius's first name, maybe Vladimir? Igor? Kamil? Greg?

Why the name Terribilus Rex? It seems a bit silly, although I'm not sure if that's what you're going for.

T. Rex helps out the Esenweins somewhat, but isn't that big a boost. I'd think most of his points are coming from those terrifying stats. Still, a bigger incentive to using Iskra or spreading around order markers would be nice, though for the life of me I can't figure one out other than the fact that Big M, Cyp, Sonya, Iskra, and the Retchets comes out to a nice 495 points.

I love the figure.
Thanks Maklar! Will consider those names... even Greg...

"Terribilis Rex" is (according to Google Translate) Latin for "Terrifying King." Perhaps I should just call the power "Terrifying King"?

Quote:
I also really like Lord Nevermore. A Demon Lord makes him really cool, reanimating Skeletons around him as a meat shield would be fun, even if their attack takes a hit. I like his combo of abilities, they go good with the miniature. What's its availability like?
Glad you like it. Availability isn't very good -- there's like one on eBay right now. So go get it if you want it!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards