Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old September 29th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Custom trees?

Does anybody know how to make custom trees tht look like the trees in the RTTFF set? If you do, can you post a tutorial here? Thanks!
Old September 29th, 2011, 04:01 PM

BOOM! Woo who?
Re: Custom trees?

Uh, well you could do it if you made a mold then just used resin and painted it. That would always work. Or you could just piece some together that don't look like RttfF, like say, Warhammer style. I've personally never used molds so no tutorial from me.

"BOOOM!"

Now come sit on Santa's lap...
Old September 29th, 2011, 04:53 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker

You could always use the small Christmas trees that they have in Wal-Mart for miniature towns and trim them down to size.
Old September 29th, 2011, 04:58 PM

Demon_Pyro is surprisingly tart

Hmmm... I've been wanting to try that mold idea for a while, unfortunately, neither I, nor anyone else I know actually has an RtFF set to mold from. If I were you I'd ask around at school/work... A surprising number of people have HS that don't play and this is also a good way to get extra tiles and figs. Good luck BTW.
Old October 8th, 2011, 01:38 PM

omen20154 is surprisingly tart

just visit your local hobby store or even better michaels. they sell a pack of winter trees of various sizes for like $20

Old October 8th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Railroad scenery trees are your easiest proxy.

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/bac/bac32001.htm
http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/bac/bac32101.htm

You can trim them down to the various sizes as the official RttFF trees, heights should be listed in the rules you can download. Yes they are more fuzz than the hard plastic Heroscape trees are but if you feel you need or want them to be more solid dunk them into white glue and hang upside down to drip and dry. Do it a couple/few times to get a good coating then seal them off with some clear coat. Should make them more solid, durable and keep them from shedding.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 9th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The Dollar Tree has some very nice proxy trees. 2 for a $1. You can use them as is or re-base them on a HS hex to make it more like the real thing.
One of the styles is very close to the real deal.

I found that some of the buildings have flat tops with room for two figures or one double based. They are 9 levels high and work very nice for some C3G city-scape.

http://www.dollartree.com/catalog/al...t=true&index=4

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 16th, 2011, 11:26 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

I think making the mold for the RttFF trees would be simple, BUT you pay more in sheer amounts of resin than just going to eBay for a real set. :/

PM me about any custom scenery
Old November 11th, 2011, 12:20 AM

Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby!

I got some of the pine trees suggested above, and decided they didn't look official enough. I got some light, bright green acrylic hobby paint, set a tree upright in a small can, and poured.

Oh yeah: cut the wooden base off the tree first, and cut it down the whatever height you like.
This will take repeated paint pourings and will be really sloppy if you're not careful; I also tilted the whole thing at times so the paint would run between the bristles.

Keep doing this until you're satisfied with the result; thankfully the trees are cheap so maybe experiment first.

After that thick coat is FINALLY dry, glue them to spare hex tiles (I used shadow). The superglue will adhere to the acrylic and the tree can be bent somewhat to make it meet the tile.

WHEW. Long post. But anyways, I'm quite pleased with how mine came out. Hope you get some use out of my ideas!
Old November 11th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypto-Knight View Post
I got some of the pine trees suggested above, and decided they didn't look official enough. I got some light, bright green acrylic hobby paint, set a tree upright in a small can, and poured.

Oh yeah: cut the wooden base off the tree first, and cut it down the whatever height you like.
This will take repeated paint pourings and will be really sloppy if you're not careful; I also tilted the whole thing at times so the paint would run between the bristles.

Keep doing this until you're satisfied with the result; thankfully the trees are cheap so maybe experiment first.

After that thick coat is FINALLY dry, glue them to spare hex tiles (I used shadow). The superglue will adhere to the acrylic and the tree can be bent somewhat to make it meet the tile.

WHEW. Long post. But anyways, I'm quite pleased with how mine came out. Hope you get some use out of my ideas!

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 11th, 2011, 12:28 AM

Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Ha! Sorry. My computer kinda sucks right now and I'm doing this from my Blackberry. If I can figure out how to do it I'll get a pic up pretty soon. Maybe I can put it on flikr or something.
Old November 11th, 2011, 01:05 AM

OK, I just created a photobucket account and am basically an idiot at this, but will figure it out. One pic's up there and I'll add more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles