Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 2nd, 2011, 02:13 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Bishop

The Book of Bishop

C3G MARVEL WAVE 16
XTINCTION AGENDA

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Mutant Mayhem set.
Its model number and name are #052-054 / Bishop.
Its model number and name are #206 / Bishop of XSE.
Character Bio - Lucas Bishop was born in the 21st Century A.D. of an alternate future timeline in which the mutant-hunting robot Sentinels had taken control of North America. In this timeline, Professor Charles Xavier and most of the members of the mutant team he founded, the X-Men, had been killed. Surviving mutants were hunted down and either killed or imprisoned within relocation camps. Bishop became a cadet at the X.S.E. Academy. Among the other members of their class was a mutant named Trevor Fitzroy. Fitzroy eventually turned criminal and was imprisoned, but escaped with other mutant criminals through a portal to the X-Men's own time. Bishop followed, even though he was aware he had no means to return to his own time. Stranded in the past, Bishop tracked his mark into the midst of a fray between the X-Men and the Sentinels. Only through the X-Men's intervention did the badly injured Bishop survive. Finally coming to terms with his time-tossed situation, Bishop was honored when Professor X invited him to join the team whose members he had idolized since childhood. Bishop found new purpose with the X-Men, fighting alongside the mutant adventurers to avert the genetic war that for him was history. Initially uneasy with Bishop's presence, the X-Men soon came to realize he was a devoted disciple of Xavier's philosophy, albeit an oft-times over-zealous one.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 03:42 PM. Reason: png
Old February 25th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Bishop - Design

OK Margloth. I updated the OP and SP so that you have full control here now. I know, I know. "Griffin you're awesome" "Griffin you're so great", but for me, just a simple thanks will do.

I had to move your post above, but I preserved your comment here in this post.
Quote:
I'm slightly concerned with this guy coming out of the gate fully charged. With Professor X giving 2 activations, Bishop plus a buddy can easily put up 5, or even more, good attacks in a ferocious opening salvo.

I guess I'll see how it goes. I'd think he'll dominate in heavy hitter tests.
Old February 25th, 2012, 10:04 PM

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Griff, you're so awesome!

Old February 25th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The thing is, if you blow your wad in the opening attack with him and waste all of your energy markers, I know I'm not going to shoot at him from range even once, so that's all you're getting for the game. Something to consider.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 25th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Couldn't stop thinking about this design. I just don't think it's working right now, for a few reasons.

Here's his current power set:

ENERGY ABSORB
Start the game with 3 blue Energy Markers on this card. When rolling defense dice against a non-adjacent attack, if at least one shield is rolled, ignore all damage and place an Energy Marker on this card. A maximum of 3 Energy Markers can be on this card.

CONCUSSIVE BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4.
After attacking with this special attack, you may remove an Energy Marker from this card and attack again with this special attack. You may continue attacking with this special attack in this manner.

ENERGY HEALING
After taking a turn with Bishop, you may remove one Energy Marker from this card to remove a Wound Marker from this card.

He's able to start out hot and heavy, but after that you either have to be cheesy and shoot him yourself from range or rely on the opposing player to do so, which a smart player likely won't. Heck, I won't even shoot at Wonder Woman from range if I have a better target - why would I shoot at a guy like this from range when I'm only going to make him stronger?

And then Margloth's point is a wise one that all of these multiple attacks on him are likely going to feel a bit overpowering with Prof X armies.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this, rolling the first and last power into one and having the special attack focus more on the release of energy in a big shot than in lots of smaller blasts:

ENERGY ABSORB
Start the game with 3 blue Energy Markers on this card. If Bishop would receive one or more wounds from an attack, instead of placing each wound, you may place an Energy Marker if possible. A maximum of 3 Energy Markers can be on this card.

CONCUSSIVE BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4 + Special.
When attacking with this special attack, you may remove any number of Energy Markers from this card. Add one die to your attack for each Energy Marker you remove this turn.

I'm sure the wording could use some work still, but I really think this change would solve both of the major gameplay issues with this guy without losing the overall theme.

What do you guys think?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 26th, 2012, 12:11 AM

Honestly I'm kind of disappointed he doesn't have some sort of pursuit power myself. I'll admit I don't know Bishop too well, but I always kinda got a 'Terminator' vibe from him... Relentless future pursuer.

Am I way off base on that?

But I agree with you about the ranged attack problems. I wouldn't shoot at a stealth dodge figure with 5 defense 90% of the time anyway; if he also amps up in power I'm never going to shoot him.

Old February 26th, 2012, 12:23 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Margloth, if you want to, post a writeup of your own here if you aren't really "feeling" the SP. I don't think the SP is bad, but if anyone has a better direction, it is still a great time to post on it. Feel free here man. This is your our home now, and this is your our LD. Don't be shy, basically. Not that you are or anything, I just want you to feel welcome and empowered.
Old February 26th, 2012, 12:25 AM

I had to edit that post a tad.
Old February 26th, 2012, 12:34 AM

Oh, I don't know that I have anything a lot better. Like I said, I don't know the character super well.

It just seems like this is a write-up that heavily capture the 'technical' aspects of the character and maybe not so much his 'theme', if that makes any sense.

Old February 26th, 2012, 12:52 AM

Actually, here are some powers I kind of liked:

PURSUIT FROM THE FUTURE (terrible name I know):
Bishop does not start the game on the battlefield. At the start of any round, before placing Order Markers, you may place Bishop adjacent to any opponent's figure.

And maybe a simpler version of his energy absorb/redirect powers?
ENERGY ABSORBTION
The most wounds Bishop may take from an attack by a non adjacent figure is one. After moving and before attacking, you may remove a Wound Marker from this card to add 1 to Bishop's Attack Number and allow him to attack one additional time for the remainder of the turn.

Not sure if it's 100% thematic for him to take a wound, but it seems like big enough attacks will hurt him, and at least attacking him from range isnt a total loss for the enemy.

Old February 26th, 2012, 11:48 AM

I like the rewrite, but I don't think the Time power is necessary at all. He isn't really time traveling a lot. He is either here or there, but as a characteristic, he doesn't switch through time often. In fact, for a very long time he was stuck.

Also, I don't think he needs to take damage or roll for it all with Energy Absorb.

With those two changes, I think it is a great writeup.
Old February 26th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I like the rewrite, but I don't think the Time power is necessary at all. He isn't really time traveling a lot. He is either here or there, but as a characteristic, he doesn't switch through time often. In fact, for a very long time he was stuck.

Also, I don't think he needs to take damage or roll for it all with Energy Absorb.

With those two changes, I think it is a great writeup.
Regarding time travel, perhaps he starts off the board but can be placed once per game and then let the chase begin.

I don't mind the roll for damage as it adds to choices for the player to make.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library