Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:41 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Something to look at if you have a Facebook account.

I never saw the need to have a Facebook account, and after reading this I am rather glad I don't.

Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:57 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Something to look at if you have a Facebook account.

For those like myself who really didn't have a clue what this thread was about until I opened the link, it links to "Report: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Doesn’t Believe In Privacy."

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:58 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't have an account, but that's just wrong. Everyone has a right to privacy...wow, I'm definately not getting an facebook account now.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 06:35 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I've always stayed away from Facebook until last summer, when my friends all made me get one. I have to say that I do really like it, but I've heard stories about stuff like this and I'm not too happy.

But I did make sure to turn everything to extremely private, which apparently doesn't mean much. And I don't use any of those stupid applications or whatever, and never touch "like" buttons. So they're not getting a whole ton of info off of me.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 06:54 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Why bother with facebook when there already exist far more secure and isolated forums on any subject one could want to talk about?

'Scapers go here.
Music performers have dozens of places to choose from.
Sure, it could be nice to have everything in one place, but thanks to Google everything is already neighbors with each other.

I'm not getting a facebook, that's all there is too it.

However, I HATE it when my friends put pictures of me on said website.
That's an invasion of my own privacy, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 06:59 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

All this privacy stuff is about marketing. Do you want them using data about you to make advertising more specific to something that you might be interested in?

Do you want advertisers to know that you mentioned "cinnamon toast" three times last year? Umm...that's what advertisers do. They do research to find out how to save money. They throw massive amounts of money at people to get info so that they can market the latest "Cinnamon Toast Hot Pockets" to you.

I think we're getting a little paranoid here. There are plenty of things happening in the real world that should scared the Taco Bell out of you. For example, Taco Bell.

Consumer: "LOL LOL LOL I sure do eat lots of fast food. LOL And I LOVE bacon. Taco Bell is yummy and so is ranch dressing!! LOL Isn't it funny that I really only care about taste and not really about my health? LOL!!!"

Funeral Home Director: "Excellent! Please tell me you eat fast food more than four times a month. Please please please!!!"

Doctor: "Taco Bell? Ranch dressing? Yes, it's hilarious that you KNOW your health is important, but that you still gotta get your crave on. And I'm just going to hilariously make a note in your medical records that you eat fast food on a regular basis. Have fun with those insurance premiums."

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob

Last edited by Gulp; May 3rd, 2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 07:15 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a minute. In facebook's defense, no one is forcing your put you private life on facebook. If you don't want your phone numbers, hobbies, interests, marital status, etc... online, then don't put it online.

Last edited by Chardris1287; May 4th, 2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: bad grammer
Old May 3rd, 2010, 07:17 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

People are paranoid. I have a facebook and use it all the time to keep up with my friends, converse, and even exchange information over miles that needs to be organized. However, I'm just careful about everything that I put on there. If you're stupid about what you write on the internet...well...I don't really need to say any more, now do I?

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old May 3rd, 2010, 07:34 PM

switzerlandoftheclarinets knows what's in an order marker switzerlandoftheclarinets knows what's in an order marker

Cinnamon Toast Hot Pockets.
I don't know if that sounds disgusting or if its a great idea.

switzerlandoftheclarinets is a pregnant Empress Kiova
...in the LIBRARY...

Old May 3rd, 2010, 09:55 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maybe a cinnamon toast taco.

No facebook for me, I only use it to stalk people.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:50 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

I like it so I can play the Kingdoms of Camelot game with my friends. I don't post very much information on Facebook or really anywhere on the internet and I think that's the key.

I will say that the website is really well put together though and everybody can probably find something about it to like. I for instance have really developed a friendship with some family out of state that didn't really ever get to see.
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

It's all really weird for me. I just joined Facebook because my roommate did it my first year of college, and at the time, it was a neat way to see who had the most friends at "good" colleges. There were probably only ~10 thousand people on it when I joined, and no games or anything. Just lists of who your "friends" were, photos, stuff about you, and the ability to poke people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General