Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Which Lawman better at his job?
Johnny "Shotgun" 18 26.47%
James Murphy 50 73.53%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 20th, 2009, 04:06 PM

Calzone knows what's in an order marker Calzone knows what's in an order marker
Re: Unit Debate #27 -- Johnny "Shotgun" Vs. James Murphy

How can you not vote for the Indiana Jones of Heroscape!? Murphy all the way.

On a more realistic note, though, The whip ability kind of lets Murphy stand in as a heartier, pseudo-DED, or as a more versatile alternative to MBS. Not a great figure, but pretty flexible.

Mmm...Tasty.
Old October 20th, 2009, 04:37 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Shotguns's sculpt is cooler.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old October 20th, 2009, 05:01 PM

360ownism is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

the whip, while ive never used it, isnt going to work for hes to fragile and will die before he gets close, i chose johny

Play Runescape? Add 360ownism to your friend list!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...40#post1012740
Check out pokescape!Could've had a V8!
Old October 20th, 2009, 05:09 PM

Knight of Feylund is surprisingly tart

I will go with shotgun for a couple reasons.

1. Shotgun is cheaper
2. Lawmen should serve as fillers like Isamu or Marcu and therefore be less points (as Shotgun is)
3. 10 points more is not worth the whip

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
the knight screams of victory.
Old October 20th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Feylund View Post
I will go with shotgun for a couple reasons.

1. Shotgun is cheaper
2. Lawmen should serve as fillers like Isamu or Marcu and therefore be less points (as Shotgun is)
3. 10 points more is not worth the whip
There's no reason why lawmen should be cheap filler. True the good one (Guilty) is primarily a filler unit, but that shouldn't dictate the roles of the reast.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old October 20th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Let's put this another way: would you rather have Whip or Isamu? I don't see much value in Murphy's Whip, so I voted for Shotgun.
Old October 20th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Let's put this another way: would you rather have Whip or Isamu? I don't see much value in Murphy's Whip, so I voted for Shotgun.
But you can make that argument when you compare almost any two units of different costs. Besides, how do we know that there isn't 85 points left in the army.

Old October 20th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
But you can make that argument when you compare almost any two units of different costs. Besides, how do we know that there isn't 85 points left in the army.
Even if both ways you could have Isamu, I still think Otonashi is more valuable than the whip. Having to get adjacent with a ranged figure doesn't work with the weak defense,
Old October 20th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Even if both ways you could have Isamu, I still think Otonashi is more valuable than the whip. Having to get adjacent with a ranged figure doesn't work with the weak defense,
Point taken, however I'm not sure it's fair to say Otonashi is more valuable than anything.

Old October 20th, 2009, 09:15 PM

Gold1 knows what's in an order marker Gold1 knows what's in an order marker

I voted for James. He's like Sullivan but he as the advantage of taking away an opponents defence for a regular or special attack. (as long as he's adjacent) This reminds me of Agent Carr who similarly is effective at a range and in melee. Granted Carr doesn't have to rely on a twenty die roll but the possibility is still there. I haven't used either of these two often but I think I'd rather spend an extra ten points on someone who might get more kills in the middle of the game than a ninja who's only usefullness is a last minute fall-back.

Check out my fanfics.
Ceasefire
JointStoryThread
Old October 21st, 2009, 09:03 AM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!

I'll take James Murphy over Johnny Shotgun because of the whip.

Neither figure is going to be extremely competitive and both will primarily be used as cleanup but Murphy is more useful because he dish out a lot more damage against a fairly wide range of figures.

I would rather have James Murphy over Shotgun + Isamu because I don't want two cards for cleanup figures. Having to juggle order markers makes their value lower than their combined nominal worth.

What I don't think people realize is that neither figure is going to be able to prevent engagement. With their normal attacks they aren't going to do much damage and their specials only have range 5. When, not if, these two units become engaged Murphy is much more dangerous.
Old October 21st, 2009, 10:21 AM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

I vote for johnny shotgun.

Hey friends, I know that this is a time of high emotions and stress.
Take a breath, everyone here is on edge and that’s ok. It’s ok to be stressed.

Things will get better.
Have a nice day.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units