Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old October 5th, 2007, 10:20 PM

ultrajoebot has disabled reputation
Two Battles With My Arch Nemesis

My friend/nemesis Keith and I got together for a couple quick 300-point games last night. We're both fairly new to the game but completely obsessed, so it makes for an interesting dynamic.

Battle The First

Keith's Army:
Tagawa Samurai - 120
Ninjas of the Northern Wind - 110
James Murphy - 75

Joe's Army:
Major Q9 - 180
2x Marro Stingers - 120

Wow, it wasn't until this moment that I realized he had 5 extra points. What a cheater. At any rate, even with a 5-point advantage, his cool-looking karate moves would soon pale before my gigantic guns. Keith got initiative and sent his samurai my way on his first turn. I saw them coming and took to high ground. By the end of the first round, my stingers had taken out all three of his samurai, as they struggled to get within range. I rolled for Stinger Drain once and was successful.

Meanwhile, Q9 and James Murphy were both sneaking closer to each other, but Murphy was hopelessly outmatched. The rest of the battle saw those wiley Ninjas of the Northern Wind slowly taking out my stingers, but Q9 finally finished off the last one.

Battle The Second

Keith's Army:
Deadeye Dan - 60
Knights of Weston - 70
Finn the Viking Champion - 80
Thorgrim the Viking Champion - 80

Joe's Army:
Cyprien Esenwein - 150
Sonya Esenwein - 45
Krav Maga Agents - 100

So this time apparently I had the 5 point advantage. Keith really should have taken Isamu. At any rate, it soon wouldn't matter either way, because while my agents tried to get a height advantage and wait for Keith's melee figures to make the trek toward them, he started picking them off with Deadeye Dan. Recognizing their impending doom, I quickly dispatched Cyprien to bring down the cowboy with his chilling touch.

Though I was able to take out Deadeye Dan, I got greedy and decided to hang around and see who else's blood I could feast upon. By the time I finished off Thorgrim, I didn't even see the knights surround me. A couple lucky rolls for Keith, a couple weak rolls for me, and Cyprien was no more. I had never used him before and apparently I should really think out the strategy side of things more before I use him again.

My two remaining agents tried to stay away from the knights, but the bizarre terrain made that difficult (water, water everywhere). They eventually closed in and took out my beloved agents while Sonya cowered in a corner. With one life remaining, she took out a knight, maybe two, but Finn (with Thorgrim's boost) eventually brought her down.

Final Score: Keith 1, Joe 1

I hope Hasbro ships my beloved Krug soon. I ordered him a week ago and he's still in limbo. But as soon as he gets here, he will avenge Cyprien's death, mark my words. Perhaps there will be more to come, I'm not sure if I've got the hang of this battle report thing or not.
Old October 9th, 2007, 02:45 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
I'm so jealous...

Anyway, keep 'em coming. Your format for the report seems okay to me.
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:34 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
I seem to find that Cyprien works best as a mid-gamer, when your opponent has committed to his strategy and is disbursed among the board. He's very good at jumping from figure to figure. He is also great at getting to the back of the board on an initiative switch. Example, run Cyprien out on turn 3 and Chill / Attack something. Next round on turn 1, Stealth Fly away and kill their sleeping / support troops. His flyng 8 move gets him to the back so quickly.... then your opponent has to decide whether to double back to kill you or let his other troops die.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:45 PM

No need for jealousy, I assure you. Keith sings a lot, and I have this special move when I get mad, where I pick up the big glacier and put it down directly on top of whoever poses the biggest threat. Other than that you're not missing much.

That said, we got together for a rematch tonight. I made sure to check his cheater math so he didn't get away with any extra points. We went with 350 for the first game, and 300 for the second.

Battle The First

Keith's Army:
The Einar Imperium - 140
Tagawa Samurai Archers - 65
Empress Kiova - 90
Marro Warriors - 50

Joe's Army:
Tagawa Samurai - 120
Izumi Samurai - 60
Cyprien Esenwein - 150
Isamu - 10

We started at opposite ends with a road down the middle, the highest point being a bridge in the center. Keith started by moving his archers toward the road, and I sent my Tagawa Samurai out to meet him. I ended up with more terrain between me and the road, so he got a few free shots off before I reached him. He was able to pick off one Samurai, but the other two pressed on.

Meanwhile everyone else started inching up, but no one jumped into the fray before the Samurai clashed on the bridge. Along with the Izumi, my Tagawa took out two archers before Keith's Einar Imperium showed up. He made the mistake of having them go against my counterstriking Samurai, and two of them met an early end. His Kyrie took out one more Tagawa before the Izumi finished him off, as well as the last archer.

The Marro Warriors had been firing unsuccessfully here and there, and once Cyprien intersected them and started picking them off, the rest took to the water to start cloning. Empress Kiova floated around, trying to intimidate Cyprien, but he was eventually able to finish off the Marro Warriors before finally rolling a 20 on the chilling touch to take her down once and for all. Isamu watched from the sidelines and winked mysteriously as victory was declared for Joe.

Battle The Second

Keith's Army:
Deadeye Dan - 60
Knights of Weston - 70
Sir Gilbert - 105
Tarn Viking Warriors - 50
Isamu - 10

Joe's Army:
Major Q10 - 150
Deathreavers - 40

Keith started by taking aim for my rats with Deadeye Dan, but missing. I sent Major Q10 out to start shooting at the knights before they were baring down on me, but I was rolling poorly and they had a height advantage. Eventually I got stuck trying to secure line of sight and I didn't take into account Sir Gilbert's movement bonus. Before I knew it, the knights were upon me, and I was only able to pick off one of them before they dispatched poor Q10.

I tied up the knights with the Deathreavers as my ninjas snuck in, and I was able to take out one more knight, as well as three vikings when they decided to show up, but that was about it. My spirits were crushed after mishandling Q10, and Sir Gilbert heroically led the onslaught as my ninjas failed to disappear and my rats failed to do much of anything. It wasn't long before Keith was crowned victorious, Isamu again winking mysteriously from the sidelines.

I did a little better with Cyprien this time, but I really feel like I let Q10 down. I hope he won't harbor any deep feelings of resentment toward me if I try to draft him again. It seems Keith and I are somewhat equally matched, taking turns making blunders. Until next time ...
Old October 16th, 2007, 10:03 AM

greenelvineyes has disabled reputation
Isamu you crafty devil...

It appears that, while not doing anything at all, Isamu provides the moral support needed to destroy all that oppose you. I know who I'll be drafting first in my next army....

The gorillanators.
Old October 16th, 2007, 10:55 AM

Argent has disabled reputation
Welcome to Heroscapers Greenelvineyes. I'm sure Aldin will be along at some point with your offical greeting.

Argent is Alexander Ravenhurst, Librarian, in The Menagerie.
Old October 18th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, greenelvineyes!

On behalf of our marally supporting and gorillanator drafting community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, blueirisheyed

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 19th, 2007, 05:18 PM

Last night was a bad night for Ultrajoebot. I'd like to say I learned a few things, but I mostly only learned one thing, and that is the extent of my own foolishness. But on the plus side, Keith paid for the pizza and nothing caught on fire, which is always nice.

I had finally received my order from Hasbro, including Krug and the grut orcs, so I was really excited to use them. So excited, in fact, that I forgot how to play with anything even remotely resembling strategy. We went with two 350 point games.

Battle The First

Keith's Army:
Marrden Nagrubs x2 - 60
Marrden Hounds - 90
Su-Bak-Na - 160
Guilty McCreech - 30

Joe's Army:
Krug - 120
Arrow Gruts x2 - 80
Cyprien Esenwein - 150

Forgive me if this battle report is brief, but it was a traumatic experience that I'm trying to erase from my memory. I started by sending my arrow gruts up a hill on the side of the map, and let Krug run straight down the middle. Keith managed to get Guilty McCreech up on a tower that was conveniently sitting directly in front of him, and started shooting at Krug. I couldn't roll to save my life (or Krug's, as it turned out). Some Nagrubs and some Hounds came my way, and Krug took out a couple of each on his way to Su-Bak-Na, who then heroically flew to a safe perch on the same tower Guilty was hiding out on.

Krug fell much too soon, as Cyprien made his way out to pick up the pieces. I got a couple wounds on Su-Bak-Na, but not enough, and he eventually killed the vampire, as well as a couple orcs. At this point I conceded because I was getting cranky and started pouting. The dice were no friends of mine during this game, nor was my mind, which would not allow me to make a competent decision. Poor Krug.

Battle The Second

Keith's Army:
Nakita Agents - 120
Gorillinators - 90
James Murphy - 75
Zombies of Morindan - 60

Joe's Army:
The Einar Imperium - 140
Kozuke Samurai - 100

OK, to draft an army of all squads was probably a little idiotic. But to take an army of all melee squads against an almost entirely ranged army was just really, really dumb. I wanted to try out the Imperium and wasn't thinking too hard. Keith's agents and gorillas started heading up the hill, and my ninjas flanked to the other side while my Einar Imperium flew out to meet their foes. I had forgotten about the Nakita's engagement strike, which killed off two thirds of my incredibly expensive Kyrie squad. Whoops.

If memory serves correct, I believe the last Einar Imperium figure took out a gorillinator before getting shot by an agent. By this time my ninjas had made it down the middle, where they destroyed the zombies and even took out James Murphy with a couple lucky rolls. It was then a battle between the ninjas and the agents/gorillas, and it was a violent one. I killed two agents and possibly one more gorilla, but two of my ninjas also fell. The third ran off behind a tree. My samurai tried to come out to attack, but they were falling to their opponent's range, and eventually retreated. At this point I had to go home and I could see a stalemate on the horizon, so I conceded again.

Final Score (Cumulative): Keith 4, Joe 2

Next time, Keith. Next time.
Old October 19th, 2007, 05:40 PM

greenelvineyes has disabled reputation
Thank you muchly for the warm welcome guys.

And Joe my dear friend, I assume one day in the future you will defeat me so don't be too hard on yourself for your mistakes.

"Ullar and Einar are totally hooking up. Utgar is soooo pissed"

"Maybe we are all wearing magic rings, but they're invisible rings so we don't even realize it. Also, you can't feel the rings"
Old October 21st, 2007, 03:16 AM

DEATHWALKER has disabled reputation
Re: Two Battles With My Arch Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrajoebot
My friend/nemesis Keith and I got together for a couple quick 300-point games last night. We're both fairly new to the game but completely obsessed, so it makes for an interesting dynamic.

Battle The First

Keith's Army:
Tagawa Samurai - 120
James Murphy - 75

Joe's Army:
Major Q9 - 180
2x Marro Stingers - 120

Wow, it wasn't until this moment that I realized he had 5 extra points. What a cheater. At any rate, even with a 5-point advantage, his cool-looking karate moves would soon pale before my gigantic guns. Keith got initiative and sent his samurai my way on his first turn. I saw them coming and took to high ground. By the end of the first round, my stingers had taken out all three of his samurai, as they struggled to get within range. I rolled for Stinger Drain once and was successful.

Meanwhile, Q9 and James Murphy were both sneaking closer to each other, but Murphy was hopelessly outmatched. The rest of the battle saw those wiley Ninjas of the Northern Wind slowly taking out my stingers, but Q9 finally finished off the last one.

Battle The Second

Keith's Army:
Deadeye Dan - 60
Knights of Weston - 70
Finn the Viking Champion - 80
Thorgrim the Viking Champion - 80

Joe's Army:
Cyprien Esenwein - 150
Sonya Esenwein - 45
Krav Maga Agents - 100

So this time apparently I had the 5 point advantage. Keith really should have taken Isamu. At any rate, it soon wouldn't matter either way, because while my agents tried to get a height advantage and wait for Keith's melee figures to make the trek toward them, he started picking them off with Deadeye Dan. Recognizing their impending doom, I quickly dispatched Cyprien to bring down the cowboy with his chilling touch.

Though I was able to take out Deadeye Dan, I got greedy and decided to hang around and see who else's blood I could feast upon. By the time I finished off Thorgrim, I didn't even see the knights surround me. A couple lucky rolls for Keith, a couple weak rolls for me, and Cyprien was no more. I had never used him before and apparently I should really think out the strategy side of things more before I use him again.

My two remaining agents tried to stay away from the knights, but the bizarre terrain made that difficult (water, water everywhere). They eventually closed in and took out my beloved agents while Sonya cowered in a corner. With one life remaining, she took out a knight, maybe two, but Finn (with Thorgrim's boost) eventually brought her down.

I hope Hasbro ships my beloved Krug soon. I ordered him a week ago and he's still in limbo. But as soon as he gets here, he will avenge Cyprien's death, mark my words. Perhaps there will be more to come, I'm not sure if I've got the hang of this battle report thing or not.
waiting for Krug, you sounded like when I was waiting for DW 7000!
Old October 21st, 2007, 10:44 AM

Yeah, it was pretty agonizing. Hasbro finally came through in the end, and I guess I can't complain since shipping was free. And now that Krug and I are finally together, it's as if all worry has faded from memory.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 12:45 AM
I have year old Heroscape news!

darkclown789 has disabled reputation
Delete the contents of this message please, I misposted.

~Darkclown

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports