Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 1st, 2010, 04:04 PM

teasedbyeldgrim is surprisingly tart
Re: Ogre Warhulk Pre-Release Discussion Thread

YK, Thematically, I don't think Tandros is intentionally protecting anyone. He is such a threat that his opponents don't dare take their eyes off him long enough to attack someone else. Think of it as a superior type of engagement. The protection of other figures is a byproduct. I think in DnD version, one could ignore Tandors' combat challenge and attack another adjacent figure, but then he would get a free attack (as if you had left engagement).
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:08 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Okay, just thematically it seems off that he would go out of his way to protect an enemy. I understand that to keep the rules simple and contained on one card, that they can't really cover all the possible situations that might arise though.
It's a game, not a simulation. Theme does not trump mechanics.
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:32 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by teasedbyeldgrim View Post
YK, Thematically, I don't think Tandros is intentionally protecting anyone. He is such a threat that his opponents don't dare take their eyes off him long enough to attack someone else. Think of it as a superior type of engagement. The protection of other figures is a byproduct. I think in DnD version, one could ignore Tandors' combat challenge and attack another adjacent figure, but then he would get a free attack (as if you had left engagement).
Precisely. Tandros isn't shielding his teammates. He's telling such scathing "yo mama" jokes that his enemies are too enraged to attack anyone else.
Old July 1st, 2010, 06:28 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teasedbyeldgrim View Post
Precisely. Tandros isn't shielding his teammates. He's telling such scathing "yo mama" jokes that his enemies are too enraged to attack anyone else.
So Thandros likes to taunt his enemies. I didn't know he was french.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:28 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I didn't read the whole thread yet but I was wondering how this guys compares with the other figures of his point value in 1v1 fights. Particularly

Warhulk vs Q10,

in a fair fight level ground, 10 paces apart. Who wins?
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:40 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
I didn't read the whole thread yet but I was wondering how this guys compares with the other figures of his point value in 1v1 fights. Particularly

Warhulk vs Q10,

in a fair fight level ground, 10 paces apart. Who wins?
Q10 could kite the Warhulk, and get in multiple shots before getting engaged. Also 2 attacks of 4 on 3 defense and 8 life vs 1 attack of 5 on 7 defense with 4 life I would think is fairly close.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:40 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Q10. If he goes first, just fire from Range (Machine Pistol), let the Ogre advance, then Wrist Rocket from point blank (since he's be engaged then anyway) until it's dead. If the Ogre goes first, jump right into Wrist Rocket mode, and you'll still get firs strike (Ogre advances then Q10 engages). To be fair to the Ogre, he basically has 0 special powers in this matchup (and uncommon status means nothing as well).

EDIT: wriggz, Q10 has 5 Defense.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:50 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Realistically you wouldnt get in many situations where its Q10 vs warhulk. That really doesnt determine the best figure. Overall usefulness is a much better way to judge/debate.

150 Point Units

Major Q10
Mimring
Sir Dupius
Cyprien
Uglinesh
Warhulk

All 150 points, but all function very differently. Major Q10 is hands down the best single figure in the group. Cyprien second, Warhulk third, next I would say Mimring and the final spot going to Sir Dupius or Uglinesh, not sure between those two who is better.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:08 PM

Acinonyx has disabled reputation

I can't help but think that the ogre another figure that makes the elf wizards unplayable. This makes me sad because they would be so thematically cool to dungeon crawl with, but it seems like D1/D2 have further obsoleted them a dozen times over, and they were not very competitive to begin with.
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:59 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I had a vision of Darrak at one side of a treasure-glyph-packed room, Warhulk on the other side. It's a real David vs. Goliath thing.

My money would be on Darrak, especially after he starts racking up Whetstones of Venom and Attack glyphs.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:38 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Someone mentioned that if there's not enough squads to cobble together in DnD, then just double the squads in each booster for us instead of so many Uncommons. I like some of these commons, but agree this guy and the Werewolf Lord, both fit the Unique category to me.
They did this so that they don't have to release large expansion packs. It's an economic principle not a question of the amount of squads. So really what we're getting is half of a small expansion and half of a large expansion. They make them uncommon because they want you to be able to use multiples while still being able to use them like a unique hero.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 02:15 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I think it would make sense to make a new sculpt or two for a squad, while reusing a D&D sculpt or two. They could be released under the D&D name or just as Classic 'scape. Either way, they still save some money and players still get new sculpts. Win-win.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units