Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 12:34 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Books: What are you currently reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Atlaga View Post
Yeah, I see what you're saying there. The Hunger Games, I literally couldn't put down when I first got it, and the next two just didn't quite have that.
Exactly
Old February 3rd, 2012, 04:11 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Quote:
Yeah, I see what you're saying there. The Hunger Games, I literally couldn't put down when I first got it, and the next two just didn't quite have that.
Exactly
I second that! Oddly enough, J_B has been following my exact reading schedule for the past few books. First, Hunger Games trilogy then straight to Ender's Game.

Now, if only he'd read ******** next...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old February 3rd, 2012, 04:33 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly
I second that! Oddly enough, J_B has been following my exact reading schedule for the past few books. First, Hunger Games trilogy then straight to Ender's Game.

Now, if only he'd read ******** next...
I am not sure what is next... I have a bunch of books lying around that need read.
Old February 4th, 2012, 02:38 PM

Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby!

Mississippi Jack!

It's book five of an incredible series that my daughter got me hooked into. Has anyone else read the Bloody Jack series?
Old February 19th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Exactly
I kinda thought the opposite. I really liked The Hunger Games, but thought it ended well and so I didn't want to read the next 2. A few months later, I opened Catching Fire, and couldn't put it down. When I finished Mockingjay, I realized what evolution the characters had taken.

Spoiler alert-
Spoiler Alert!

On topic- I'm currently reading The Da Vinci Code. Oddly, it's the only Dan Brown book I haven't read of his Langdon series.
Old February 19th, 2012, 07:29 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I finished The Hobbit today. I was expecting the climax to be fighting/killing Smaug, but I guess I was utterly wrong! The ending made me happy though, now I know why Bilbo is the way he is in the trilogy.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old February 27th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just finished reading Ready Player One. Despite a slight Athiest theme I didn't particularly care for, it was surprisingly entertaining all the way through.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 27th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Reading Pride and Prejudice for the nth time.

It's probably now overtaken The Count of Monte Cristo as the book I've read more than any other.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 27th, 2012, 11:36 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

Right now I'm reading the Dune saga. I'm nearly fiinished with Children of Dune and I have God-Emperor of Dune in hand.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 07:15 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Had a flip through this yesterday as it arrived from Amazon. It seems pretty good and really detailed. I am hoping it helps me take my painting to the next level, as I've sort of plateaued and despite watching a few youtube tutorials, I am never really sure how to advance.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 08:46 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Descent of Angels by Mitchel Scanlon

Also, for the 1st time ever, I'm rereading a book, The Hunger Games, in anticipation of the movie release.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; March 23rd, 2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: I'll also have you know that I read the HG series before the movie was in the works, no bandwagon here! :)
Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:45 AM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

I am reading a ton right now...I am working my way through Where Keynes Went Wrong by Hunter Lewis. It is a very interesting appraisal of the failings of the economics of John Maynard Keynes, THE most influential economist of the 20th century.

I just finished A Game of Thrones, by George R.R. Martin. I am officially hooked on the series.

I am also working my way through Walden, by Henry David Thoreau. It can be a little dry, but I am otherwise really enjoying it.

And finally, I have read the first two books in the Hunger Games trilogy. They were much better then I was expecting.

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books