Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 5th, 2022, 10:01 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

SD's upcoming NYC game (Post #1254 upthread) looks cool. I've taken Evil Army #2, since #1 was close to other armies I've run. Hooray for Shredder! I'll be teamed up with TW, so maybe he won't attack me fanatically, as he usually does. The joke is that we usually sit near each other for physical space requirements, so he's always close by.

Looking forward to this game on Wed. July 13. TW will now be down in Florida, so he definitely won't be attacking me. Anyone near or in NYC is welcome to join us!
Old July 6th, 2022, 08:57 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Ishmel,our favorite guest star, may be able to make it to sub in for TW so we'll still have four players. We haven't seen Ish for a while here, because although he's local, he's usually at work on Wednesdays! (The rest of us are either retired or have off). It will be great to have him on board. That way SD won't have to run two armies for one of the teams. Meanwhile K. has just returned from his own vacation.
Old July 6th, 2022, 03:34 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Our July game will be a martial arts themed game set on my Times Square subway map, one of the comic book maps from my map thread:

The scenario will be a simple "last figure standing" one fought between two teams of two. If no team is eliminated at the end of 10 rounds, full card scoring will determine the winning team. The teams start the game on the two platforms opposite each other. The scenario's special rule will be the express trains that will pass through the station during the battle, potentially altering the flow of the game. At the end of every even-numbered round, each track may have a train speed through. Roll a combat die for each track. If a skull is rolled, a train passes by that round. Any figures on the tracks themselves or on the map's lowest level may be hit by the train. The train acts as an 8-dice normal attack from a non-adjacent opponent's figure. No height advantage applies.

GAME ONE ARMIES

Good Army #1: Donatello, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael, Splinter

Spoiler Alert!

Good Army #2: Daredevil, Iron Fist, Patriot, Psylocke

Spoiler Alert!

Evil Army #1: Elektra, Hand Ninjas x 3, Shredder, Shiori

Spoiler Alert!

Evil Army #2: Master Win Chiu Woo, Shaolin Monks x 4 , Master Lao Xin, Yi Feng

Spoiler Alert!

We usually have time for a second game, so we'll probably build different armies for it, using 600 points and 24 start zone spaces. Personally, I plan on using some super strength characters in the second game so I can try using my knockback rules to push opponents onto the train tracks.
Looking forward to this. As I don’t know who I’ll be partnered with or what his army will be, I’m preparing a few different armies for the second game.
Old July 12th, 2022, 07:35 AM

*The Great Heroscape Superhero Controversy*

Since we're about to play one of our Supers games, just a few words about our views on "MarvelScape" (not limited to Marvel, but also including DC and Independents). This has to do with the excellent C3G Committee's extensive work on comic book superheroes and villains. We and other local NYC and other site designers all have different views on how Supers cards should be designed, although we have played with many different cards from many different designers. Since we have been playing since before the C3G got started, you might consider that. We've all done some of our own cards for some favorites, especially those the committee didn't get around to until later. Keep in mind also that SD and TW were members of the C3V committee for a long time also, and we all have our own nonsuper customs as well. SD and I have separate threads in both the Regular and the Marvelscape Customs sections for both types--Super and nonSupers! K. even has an official SOV design out there.

Our NYCG4 Base Rule that each rotating Game Master gets to set what is acceptable for his own game applies double for Supers games. We've also played in games run by Griznakh with his cards out on Long Island among his amazing city buildings, and I have some of his very muscular supers cards in my collection. We also sometimes play mixed games including Classics, Customs, and Supers as well. Some of these include playtests of new figures we design, with prior permission of the GM.

Sherman Davies (SD): Has designed so many Supers that he has separate threads in the Marvelscape Customs section for Marvel and for DC. His philosophy is KSS, and so his character cards are less complex and wordy than C3G. He like to play his games with his own cards, as in this upcoming game and many others he's run for the gang here. He's even designed a few for Chas and other site posters on request! SD used to work in Midtown Comics, one of the premier chains of comic book shops in NYC.

Chas (Chas): After his retirement he spent a month and a half on The Great Card Hunt, where he scoured the site for Supers customs from all possible major sources--and he has over 800 different cards--including the more prolific supers designers indexed on various lists, from Grey Owl to Drewman-chu (sorry for not mentioning you all here; that would be a whole other post)--and maintains a huge hard copy paper files for both Hero and Villain cards, including different versions of the same figures, some at different times in their fictional careers. (Some of these are no longer available on the site due to technical difficulties). Chas helped to playtest early C3G with TW, back in the days when the first C3G Superman came out in their first Master Set with that Kryptonite Glyph as well. He usually allows any source for cards in his games based on army building points, after looking at proposed teams before the game for possible balance issues. Our man in Brooklyn runs some games with character point limits, to get some of the weaker supers onto the battlefield.

Chas enjoys C3G as the main super source, but loves to put in weird ones occasionally from other of his favorite designers. As an old guy, he especially enjoys Golden and Silver Age characters. Chas revived his interest in more recent comic book lore he wasn't up on on Wikipedia with some guidance from SD. He was about to chuck his Heroclix figures when C3G got going, and decided to hold onto them and expand his collection. He particularly loves accumulating comic book teams, the largest of which is The Legion of Super Heroes. He also plays WWII games mixing Marvel and DC Golden Age figures together, along with military types.

Taeblewalker (TW): TW did much playtesting for C3G (and much more, sometimes with Chas, for C3V and his own designs) and tries many designers' work. C3G is his main thing, but he'll try anything at anytime! He continues his hobby of attacking Chas into the Supers realm, when not teamed up with him--because they usually sit near each other at the table.

Kolakoski (K.): Was at first resistant to Supers; but then jumped in with both feet. As a karate player in real life, he is partial to martial arts types, like those featured in our upcoming game. As an intense Scape army builder, K. pores over whatever supers are available for a game, and always comes up with great combos for the exact number of Army building points maximum--how does he always do that? K. usually runs C3G for his own games.

Last edited by chas; July 14th, 2022 at 07:33 AM.
Old July 12th, 2022, 09:00 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I have come to appreciate the elegance of Sherman's Marvel & DC custom designs. There are no broken combos or gross over or under pricing of units. And they play well with Classic/VC. Other than tiring of facing Cyclops too many times, I'm cool with it.

I also enjoy C3G's variety of designs and mechanics. However, there are numerous at least near-broken combos and imbalances that lead to too many hopeless battles under an all inclusive draft. In light of this, I created numerous scenarios featuring a limited number of C3G units. From Drafting From A Finite Pool (16 Cards):

"The concept is simple. Create a 16 Card Pool for a 4 Player Snake draft. Snake draft: It's a draft where the positions flip flop every round. For example, if someone drafts first during the very first round, they'll draft last the following round, then they'll draft first again in the next round, and so on. This type of draft is the most fair. The Pool may be for any Map and/or Scenario - or none at all. Naming your Pool is optional."

Two such (that can be found within my blog) were based on familiar Kurosawa movies: Yojimbo! (A 4-Player Free For All) and The Magnificent Ronin - a 16 Card Draft Game. Looking over these, some content has been lost. I'll have to create a new one for my next Hosting . . .

Last edited by kolakoski; July 16th, 2022 at 09:41 PM.
Old July 12th, 2022, 10:22 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the shoutout Chaz. Interestingly enough I revisited my supers and revamped the lot of them last year during the height of Covid. More of a simplification and retooling than anything else. We’ve played a couple of cityscape games with them of late and had a blast. Yes my point scale is different than most designers. I always felt that gives me more of a stat/point spread to scale powerful characters to less powerful ones. But that of course keeps them from being compatible with other designers customs. Mine really have a different feel to them that I like a lot. Glad you guys are still meeting and keeping the game going in the NY area!
Old July 13th, 2022, 09:51 AM

{?}

Last edited by kolakoski; July 14th, 2022 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Revised later.
Old July 13th, 2022, 10:51 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Wow, given that kolakoski's next turn is in August, that would make one of the only times we've played the same map in consecutive sessions. Let's hope the map doesn't suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
We’ve played a couple of cityscape games with them of late and had a blast.
Cityscape games with your buildings and streets were some of the best 'Scape experiences ever. Good to see you pop your head in!
Old July 13th, 2022, 05:35 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Woah, Grish appearance. Good to see you.
I agree, his city scape is amazing.and his cards top notch.
Old July 13th, 2022, 10:40 PM

{?}

Last edited by kolakoski; July 14th, 2022 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Revised later.
Old July 14th, 2022, 08:08 AM

Played Three Supers Games

For the first time in a while, we got in three games of Heroscape! Almost all the cards used were SD customs, although special guest player Ishmel also brought along some interesting customs too. We started late at 2 PM to accomodate Ishmel's summer job instead of the usual noon, and played into the evening. To show that even my huge Scape collection is limited, SD brought over 15 more pieces of concrete and asphalt from his Marvel Master Sets (I only had two of them) to complete his very interesting Times Square subway map. Many of the characters were NYC themed as well.

I was on the losing side for the first two games when I was teamed with Ishmel both times, but we were having so much fun that we got a third game in, which we played starting the armies from one side of each platform, playing the other way across it. The map worked pretty well, but K. had the most trouble with it, so he's going to pick another map, as he mentions above.

We took a lot of photos, and I hope we can upload all or some of them.

In the first game, most my team was wiped out after a fairly lackluster performance, as we learned how to navigate the map with no one getting "trained." But then I brought Elektra into the fignt alone in a wild attempt to "assassinate" Splinter who had finally come of his side's platform into the middle of the board--well, she's listed as an Assassin after all. And in a triumphant roll, she took him out. She then proceeded to kill Iron Fist and a wounded Daredevil! It was my finest hour of a long day. Psylocke never got into the game, and we had wanted to see them fight. By the time Psylocke came into the fight, someone else had taken Elektra down. But winning isn't everything. In fact, at several points one or the other of us did the "Romantic" or heroic action, rather than the won best suited to winning the game! So we all had lots of fun, sometimes against the advice of our teammates.

In the second game, both SD and Ishmel brought out lots of stuff to build more armies; some cards were at the request of K., our very thinky army builder. I wanted to partner with Ish once more for revenge against SD and K., so we did that (and lost again). Since the gallant Ish would not choose first, I grabbed the best characters from his three proposed armies! That gave me Gorilla Grodd, Luke Cage, and the Lizard. Ish himself took Doctor Doom and lots of Customized Zombies. In the event, the Hero For Hire and Doc Doom managed to take down the troublesome enemy XXXX, but Luke was left with only one life, and had to return to his subway platform, counting the money Doc Doom had paid him to join in(!)

SD was playtesting his great custom team of Master Splinter and the Four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which are a lot of fun. You can see them or take them from SD's regular Customs Thread! So he used them again in Game Two. Splinter has the power to move two Turtles, so he was a prime target for us, but he had stayed safely in the background on his side's train platform for the first part of the game. On this mostly open board he could operate from back there, which is why Elecktra's coup when he finally moved forward was so satisfying!

Between Games Two and Three we cleared our teams off the table, and then went downstairs to the local deli to get some dinner and bring it back up. When we returned, we chose/built yet more armies. Since I was partnered with K. now, and hadn't prepared any armies of my own, I chose among three he had built. Since K. had been concerned that players would Turtle on their own platform side, we were playing this game across the other axis, perpendicular to SD's original intent, with each team split between the same ends of both platforms!

For the third game, having failed in our Chas and Ishmel revenge team effort during Game Two, I now partnered with K. I ran mostly X-Men (SD's Customs as in all games): Professor X, Cyclops, Cable, and Jack Power. This time I partnered with K., who took Rom The Space Knight, and Invisible Girl.

This game started out as a disaster, when we kept Cyclops on his platform as Invisible Girl transported Professor X down the the lower middle board (with the train tracks), as our strategy was to combine the armies onto one platform. (This left a bunch of the enemy Gorrilanators behind on the far side of that platform, who never did get into the game). This was to take out an enemy flying bomb, two pairs of which were already advancing towards us on either side of the board! That worked.

However, the enemy Captain Britain used a Speed Burst type of power to forge rapidly ahead and take out the dreaded but "glass cannon" Cyclops in one move. Yikes! Later this was somewhat compensated when SD left him on the train tracks during an alternate train turn, and he lost half his lives to it! By the third game we were all getting a bit groggy...

So the game was played on the one platform where we consolidated (except for the late lamented Cyclops). Our shooters never took down the evasive Nightcrawler, but we did finally get Grodd and all the Gorillanators on our platform, and so called the game for our side.

After this game we chatted as we took the table map apart. We had to make sure that SD got his terrain back, and all of the cards and minis were claimed by their rightful owners (a bit of my stuff had come out here and there, as my collection is always available since we play at my place). Occasionally a card or mini takes a vacation to the wrong player, and has to be returned to its rightful owner. Of all the figures I own, my Cyprien Eisenwein is still MIA, probably down there among the bags, boxes, and furniture in my crowded Game Palace.

A good time was had by all. Next month it will be a game of KolakoskiScape, as he posted above, since its his turn in our Game Master Rotation, and Taeblewalker will return from vacation to play on August 10th. I see K. has managed to find a few C3G cards I've never even heard of, and I know most of them. So its off to the C3G Books of Index for some research on them. Lots are martial artist types, which is no surprise. I'll have to print out that map too.

Ishmel will probably be unavailable next game, but he is always welcome any time he can make it. He's announced some big recent changes in his life, and we congratulate him on his new Couplehood. You can't keep a good man down!

Last edited by chas; July 14th, 2022 at 08:37 AM.
Old July 14th, 2022, 09:38 AM

Well met!

We will be playing this scenario on August 10th. Normally, I'd copy and paste pics of the Cards and Map (with link) here, but I no longer seem to be able to do that. Instead, I have copied and pasted the text of the Cards as they appear generally in the second post in the card's Book, and merely named the Map (and author).

Let's Get Ready to Rumble!

"Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to this year's Order of the Snake Invitational Martial Arts Team Fighting Competition. Once again, no one refused our invitation to compete. Of course, little arm twisting (as though we'd even think of twisting these folks' arms) is needed to attract the best when the prize is Your Own Personal Planet! So . . .

Without further ado, let's get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuble!!!!!!!!!!"

The Map: Dignan's Can't stop the jungle . . . The Glyphs will be Powerless, remain Power side down, and have no significance except as discussed in Victory Conditions below.

The Play: 4 Players, 2 Teams. Snake Draft. Given the intimate nature of the Start Zones on the Map, Armies will be placed on the Map as follows (paraphrasing the Official Rules):

Teams roll to see which Team places an Army on the battlefield first. Re-roll ties. The highest rolling Team will choose one of its Player's to place his entire Army first; then the other Team chooses one of its Player's to place his entire Army; then the highest rolling Team's remaining Player places his entire Army; then the other Team's remaining Player places his entire Army. Players must place their entire armies in their own Start Zones.

Victory Conditions: At the end of 10 Rounds, the Team with the most
Victory Points (VPs) wins. A Team receives one VP for each figure remaining on the Map, and one VP for each Glyph occupied by one of its figures.

Sudden Death:
In the event of a tie, all remaining figures are removed from the Map. Place them on the Map as though beginning a new game. They must be placed on the center eight (four-per-Team) Start Zone spaces. [I cannot believe there could possibly be a need for more by then.]They may not move into or through any hex that is more than two hexes from a Water hex. At the most, three Rounds will be played. At such time that another figure is killed, the game immediately ends, and the Team with the most figures remaining wins. If that doesn't happen by the end of three Rounds, the Team with the fewest points remaining wins.

The 16 C3G Cards:

NAME = SOLOMON KANE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VINDICATOR
PERSONALITY = FANATICAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 160

RIGHTEOUS RETRIBUTION
Start the game with 1 black Retribution Marker on this card. If a friendly figure within clear sight of Solomon Kane receives one or more wounds from an opponent's attack, you may place your Retribution Marker on the attacking figure's card. Before Solomon Kane attacks a figure with your Retribution Marker on its card, you may return the marker to this card and add 2 to Solomon Kane's Attack number for the remainder of the turn. If a figure with your Retribution Marker on its card is destroyed, place the marker back on this card.

MASTER SWORDPLAY
If Solomon Kane attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again. He may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull. Before any of these attacks, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, you may add one automatic skull to that attack.

KEEP THE FAITH
Any time an opponent would take temporary or permanent control of Solomon Kane, you may instead remove one unrevealed Order Marker from this card.

NAME = SWORDSMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = JACQUES DUQUESNE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = REFORMED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 160

SWORDPLAY
If Swordsman attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again. He may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull.

MAKLUAN SWORD SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4 + Special.
Before attacking with this special attack, choose one of the following:
• roll one additional attack die; or
• if you inflict one or more wounds on the defending figure, immediately roll one unblockable attack die for each wound inflicted this turn.

COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

NAME = WHITE TIGER
SECRET IDENTY = AVA AYALA

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 160

WHITE TIGER POSSESSION
If there are 3 or more Wound Markers on this card, all other special powers on this card are negated and:
-When White Tiger attacks with a normal attack, all blanks rolled count as extra skulls.
-When White Tiger defends against any attack, all blanks rolled count as extra shields.
-After attacking with White Tiger, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, White Tiger may move up to 2 spaces and attack again.

ACROBATIC MOVEMENT
White Tiger never takes falling damage and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. After rolling attack dice for a normal attack or after rolling defense dice, for each shield rolled you may immediately move White Tiger one space up to 6 levels up or down.

AGILE REFLEXES
When defending against a non-adjacent attack, White Tiger adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

NAME = STICK

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = UNCOMPROMISING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 160

HARSH SENSEI
At the start of the game you may choose another Unique Hero in your army that is an Assassin, Fighter, or that has the Blind Warrior special power. When rolling dice for the chosen Hero's normal, special, or leaving engagement attack, you may choose to re-roll any or all combat dice once. If you do, and that roll does not inflict any wounds, roll one unblockable attack die against the chosen Hero.

BLIND WARRIOR
Stick cannot be prevented from choosing a figure to attack by any special power on any Army Card or Glyph. When Stick attacks a figure on a Shadow Tile, that figure does not receive any additional defense dice for the Shadow Tile.

RUTHLESS COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if Stick is not destroyed by this attack, all skulls rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

NAME = ELEKTRA
SECRET IDENTITY = ELEKTRA NATCHIOS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ASSASSIN
PERSONALITY = VICIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 170

PHANTOM WALK
Elektra can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

DEADLY BARRAGE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 1.
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Elektra, you may move Elektra up to 5 spaces. Elektra can attack up to 5 times with Deadly Barrage Special Attack at any point before, during, or after this move as long as Elektra is on a space where she could end her movement. Elektra cannot attack the same figure more than once in a single turn. Figures may not roll defense dice against Deadly Barrage Special Attack.

ASSASSIN'S MARK
When attacking a non-adjacent figure, Elektra rolls 1 fewer attack die. If Elektra attacks a non-adjacent figure without Super Strength and inflicts at least one wound, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 17 or higher, destroy the defending figure.

NAME = HUNTRESS
SECRET IDENTITY = HELENA BERTINELLI

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 170

CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3 + Special.
When Huntress attacks a figure that is exactly 2 spaces away with this special attack, roll 2 additional attack dice. After attacking with this special attack, Huntress may attack with this special attack one additional time.

RECKLESS ENGAGEMENT
If Huntress is not adjacent to any friendly figures and is engaged with at least one enemy figure, add 1 to her normal attack and subtract 1 die from her defense.

RUTHLESS COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if Huntress is not destroyed by this attack, all skulls rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

NAME = SHI
SECRET IDENTITY = ANA ISHIKAWA

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = DEVOUT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 170

NAGINATAJUTSU SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
After attacking with Naginatajutsu Special Attack, you may attack two additional times. Shi may not attack the same figure more than twice.

A COWARD'S REWARD
Shi rolls one additional die against figures leaving an engagement with her.

SWIFT STRIKE
If Shi is targeted by an opponent's figure for a normal, adjacent attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, the attacking figure receives a wound.

NAME = KIRIGI

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = NINJA
PERSONALITY =RELENTLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 175

PHANTOM WALK
Kirigi can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

KYOKETSU SHOGI
After moving and before attacking, if Kirigi was not engaged at the start of his turn, you may choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Kirigi whose base is no more than 8 levels above or below Kirigi's base. Roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, you may choose to either inflict a wound on the chosen figure or place the chosen figure adjacent to Kirigi. Figures placed by Kyoketsu Shogi do not take leaving engagement attacks. After using this special power, Kirigi may use it one additional time.

UNDEAD RESILIENCE
If Kirigi receives two or more wounds from a single attack but is not destroyed, you may immediately remove up to two of those wounds.

SUPER STRENGTH

NAME = DAREDEVIL
SECRET IDENTITY = MATT MURDOCK

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = FEARLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 180

MAN WITHOUT FEAR
Daredevil may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately. Add 1 to Daredevil's attack dice for each enemy figure adjacent to Daredevil.

RADAR SENSE 12
Whenever a special power refers to the Blind Warrior special power, it refers to this special power as well. If Daredevil is attacked by an opponent's figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or lower, roll defense dice normally. If you roll 12 or higher, Daredevil takes no damage and you may immediately choose any empty space within 3 spaces of Daredevil that is no more than 20 levels above or below Daredevil's base. Place Daredevil on the chosen space. When Daredevil uses his Radar Sense, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

CRIMINAL INTIMIDATION
Criminal figures roll 1 fewer defense die against Daredevil's normal attack.

NAME = GRAY FOX
SECRET IDENTITY = FRANK JAEGER

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = NINJA
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 180

MYSTERIOUS VENDETTA
At the start of the game, choose an opponent. That opponent may choose a Unique Hero they control. If Gray Fox is engaged with that Hero at any point during his turn, he can not attack figures other than that Hero during that turn, if possible.

HIGH FREQUENCY BLADE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4 + Special.
Figures subtract 1 from their Defense number when defending against this special attack. After attacking with this special attack, Gray Fox may move up to two spaces then attack one additional time with this special attack, rolling 1 fewer attack die for the second attack.

PARTIAL INVISIBILITY
Gray Fox can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. If Gray Fox is not engaged with an opponent's figure, he cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or any special powers that require clear sight.

SUPER STRENGTH

NAME = RONIN
SECRET IDENTITY = CLINT BARTON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = RESOLUTE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 180

ARROW STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 2.
When Ronin attacks a non-adjacent figure with this special attack, all skulls rolled count as an additional hit. If at least 1 skull is rolled, Ronin may immediately use his Stealth Leap special power and then attack with his normal attack or Nunchaku Onslaught Special Attack.

NUNCHAKU ONSLAUGHT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
When Ronin attacks with this special attack he may attack any and all figures adjacent to him. If Ronin inflicts a wound with this special attack and did not move normally this turn, he may immediately use his Stealth Leap special power and then attack with his normal attack.

STEALTH LEAP 6
Instead of his normal move, Ronin may move up to 3 spaces with Stealth Leap. When moving with Stealth Leap, Ronin has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 6 levels in a single leap, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks when he starts to leap.

NAME = KITANA

SPECIES = EDENIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ASSASSIN
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 185

PHANTOM WALK
Kitana can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

STEEL FAN ASSAULT
Kitana may attack any time before, during or after moving as long as she is on a space where she could end her movement. After Kitana attacks an adjacent figure, she may attack one additional time. If Kitana inflicts at least one wound with her normal attack, the defending figure receives one additional wound.

FAN LIFT 12
If a figure engages Kitana, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die, adding 3 to the roll if the figure's base is on a level higher than Kitana's base. If you roll 12 or higher, that figure receives one wound and may not move for the remainder of its turn.

NAME = KATANA
SECRET IDENTITY = TATSU TORO

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = INTERLOPER
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 190

BLADERUNNER
Katana may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and may attack with her normal attack up to 2 times at any point before, during, or after her normal move as long as she is on a space where she could end her movement.

SOULTAKER
Adjacent figures subtract 2 dice when defending against Katana's normal attack. When Katana destroys an opponent’s adjacent Unique Hero that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead, you may place that figure on this card. When an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for initiative or for a figure attacked with Katana's normal attack, you may subtract 2 from the roll for each figure on this card, to a maximum of -6.

DEFENSIVE ARTS
When defending against a normal attack, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled and, if the attacking figure is adjacent to Katana, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

NAME = KENSHI
SECRET IDENTITY = KENSHI TAKAHASHI
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WARRIOR
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 190

BLIND WARRIOR
Kenshi cannot be prevented from choosing a figure to attack by any special power on any Army Card or Glyph. When Kenshi attacks a figure on a Shadow Tile, that figure does not receive any additional defense dice for the Shadow Tile.

TELEKINETIC SWORDPLAY
If Kenshi attacks a figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack a figure again. He may continue attacking figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull. After each attack, if the defending figure received one or more wounds, you may place the figure on an empty space within 1 space of its original placement. Moved figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SENTO'S GUIDANCE
When Kenshi rolls defense dice, you may count one blank rolled as an automatic shield. If Kenshi has any excess shields when defending against a non-adjacent normal attack, you may remove one Wound Marker from this card or, if the attacking figure is within 5 clear sight spaces, you may instead inflict a wound on the attacking figure.

SUPER STRENGTH

NAME = BATMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = BRUCE WAYNE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = DRIVEN

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 190

AT THE READY
Start the game with a Glyph of Bat-Grapple on this card. Batman cannot lose this glyph by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed. Instead of moving normally with a friendly Unique Hero, Batman may move or use his Bat-Grapple. Once per round, after using At the Ready, Batman may attack a figure engaged with that Hero.

ASSESS WEAKNESS 11
Before moving with Batman, you may choose a figure within 2 clear sight spaces and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher and Batman attacks the chosen figure with his normal attack this turn, it subtracts 3 from its Defense number, or 6 from its Defense number if it is a destructible object.

NERVE PUNCH
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If Batman inflicts one or more wounds on an adjacent Unique Hero with a normal attack, you may immediately remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from the defending figure's Army Card.

NAME = RAZA LONGKNIFE
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PIRATE
PERSONALITY = PRECISE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 195

SURGICAL STRIKE
If Raza Longknife inflicts at least one wound on an adjacent figure with his normal attack, the defending figure receives one additional wound.

FOLLOW-THROUGH
After attacking with Raza Longknife, if he did not inflict any wounds on the defending figure with that attack, he may attack one additional time.

CYBERNETIC REPAIR X
At the end of the round, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, remove one Wound Marker from each Army Card you control with the Cybernetic Repair X special power.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by kolakoski; July 16th, 2022 at 09:39 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion