Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 10th, 2019, 11:49 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Hobgoblin (VOTE for Initial)

Yea
Old March 10th, 2019, 12:50 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Yea.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 10th, 2019, 01:19 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old March 10th, 2019, 01:23 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Hobgoblin (Initial Playtesting)

Thanks - this passes!
Old April 7th, 2019, 03:21 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Hobgoblin

Army Test
Map: Spooky Swamp (Custom Map)
Units: Hobgoblin@250, Nebula (590 Points) vs. Daredevil, Punisher, Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) (590 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Hobgoblin@250, Hired Guns, Street Thugs x4.25 (700 Points) vs. Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Iron Fist (700 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Hobgoblin@250, Black Tarantula, Hired Guns, Street Thugs x3 (905 Points) vs. Jean Grey, Phoenix, Dark Phoenix (900 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: He's very narrow in scope - I think he really needs the Street Thugs and, to a lesser extent, the Hired Guns, to shine. He's absolutely a Spider-Man killer and wreaks havoc on mid-size heroes in general, which I think is appropriate, but hits a big wall against a lot of defensive units, and frankly is pretty frail, too. I think he may need a cost bump, say 20-30 points, but I'm not sure if Game 2 was more luck or more typical.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: First of all, he's the Street Thugs' best friend. I can only imagine how potent that pairing would be on asphalt/concrete against guys like Luke Cage. It's an interesting place for him, and I think his Gas Pumpkin is variable enough that future units will also benefit a lot.

Hired Guns didn't impress me here. It's a fairly small map with a lot of hiding places, which is a big factor, but it's always tough to set up and honestly, with his Pursuit, it's not a big difference between the Guns (eight attacks of 3, but a Unique Squad and they're tough to position) and the Thugs (three attacks of 3, four attacks of 2, but a Common Squad and also movement). Still a combination I'd want to see tested but I'm not concerned about it being a broken pairing.

I'm going to submit him for a price bump - either at 270 (pairing with the Hired Guns for 400) or 275 (paired with three sets of Street Thugs for 500). If that's feeling too much, I think his Pursuit is the first dial to turn down, in a few ways:

- Free movement before his attacks, instead of after, to prevent kiting.
- Movement must be TOWARD the defending figure, never away (but it's fun to hit and run with him so I wouldn't recommend it).
- Down to 3 attacks of 2 dice, or maybe a 3-2-1 sequence.

His Pumpkin is fun and his Glider works great, and I wouldn't mess with the stats, either.
Old April 7th, 2019, 03:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Is it thematically accurate for Hobby to be significantly more powerful than Spidey (275 to 250?). Genuine question, as I don't know, but my impression was that it wouldn't be.

I'm in favor of not letting him kite too much in general, just because that's the type of thing that can lead to negative play experiences. I know we have other figures that do, so not a deal breaker, just probably not a bad idea to tweak that.

I'm not convinced the results you have there really support a 25 point cost bump, though. He's seeming decent as is to me after skimming what you have, but I might've missed a key detail?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 7th, 2019, 03:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

With Spider-Man being 250, doesn't that seem a little high for him? I'd consider bringing some of his base stats down. Normal range down to 3 to match the SA range, or even 1 and leave the SA his only ranged option. Defense down to 4, he has 1 shield blocks all damage vs. ranged normal attacks and with flying will often have high ground. Outside of the agility granted by the glider making him hard to hit, I never saw him as all that tough. Maybe make the SA two attacks of 3, instead of three attacks of 3, since he bonds with a 4 figure squad and subtracts 1 from one figures defense for those 4 additional attacks.
Old April 7th, 2019, 03:44 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Hobgoblin only lost the first game based on bad luck - even with Nebula contributing absolutely nothing, it wouldn't have surprised me to see him take down Dardevil, Punisher, and Cassandra single-handedly. Second game was a complete stomp, and the third game - against an Event Hero that's tailor-made to wipe out his army - they held their own. It doesn't read that impressive, but it was very oppressive to play against him with mid-size heroes.

I think high 200s is valid for him. He's essentially "Green Goblin but better in every way," so I think having any of his stats below our GG's would put up a flag for me. I think 275-280 would be the absolute ceiling, but I'd put his floor at like... 240.
Old April 7th, 2019, 03:48 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Is he superior to Green Goblin? I always had the impression that Green Goblin was the real deal and Hobgoblin was more of a pretender/lesser threat? If it's canonical for him to be significantly more of a threat than Green Goblin, I'm OK with him being higher 200s than Spidey.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 7th, 2019, 03:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Hobgoblin is definitely a pretender but more of a threat... well in a way. Green Goblin is probably more of a specific threat to Peter Parker, since he knows his secret identity and is psychotically obsessed. Hobgoblin is a threat to the city in general.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
In the beginning of his career Kingsley had no superhuman abilities, but possessed a keen analytical intellect with enough knowledge of chemistry and biology to understand the notes of Norman Osborn regarding the Green Goblin formula originally conceived by Dr. Mendel Stromm. Kingsley not only recreated the formula, but perfected it by removing its side-effects. Further, he updated many of Osborn's various inventions. Kingsley was a master of hypnosis and drug induced mind control. Kingsley was skilled in the management of both criminal organizations and legally run professional businesses.

Due to the green chemical solution that he bathed in, Kingsley possesses superhuman strength on par with Spider-Man and stronger than Norman Osborn. Likewise, his reflexes, speed, stamina, and intellect were also enhanced to superhuman levels.
Old April 7th, 2019, 03:57 PM

OK, so physically better than Norman. Is he as smart/devious as Norman?

Old April 7th, 2019, 03:59 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I would say smarter. They're about on par in a criminal "evil plan" sort of way, but Norman is more likely to go off the rails and end up hoist by his own petard. Hobgoblin is the sort of guy that doesn't fall into traps and is fine taking a loss today so he can win tomorrow.

Like, one-on-one, Osborn might be able to beat Kingsley. But Kingsley would lose the battle and win the war.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library