Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 1st, 2012, 12:08 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: War Horse of Troy -- MegaSilver's Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
True, but this is a game not a simulation.

Some issues cannot be avoided.
Which is probably why Theracus can CARRY a figure but they can't RIDE him.
True. It also saves a lot of space on the card for other powers.

Last edited by MegaSilver; February 1st, 2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old February 1st, 2012, 12:12 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would allow for the war horse to be attacked when leaving engagements but not the rider. IMHO it's easier to hit the horse than the rider in that case.

I would not worry so much about the line of sight but perhaps limit the range of the rider to 1.

But I like the idea behind this.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; February 1st, 2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Card's are supposed to have space?
Old February 1st, 2012, 02:44 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
About what you said in the 3FG thread about a SoV nomination, well, I've watched the SoV long enough to know that the War Horse wouldn't get reviewed because it doesn't really have a mini. If you can find a horse mini with wide availability, maybe, but not as it is right now.

It's definitely a good custom though.
So you are saying that since this mini is the right type to get nominated? But this was the only set of minis that are in scale and widely availbable. Other minis are far off in scale or rare to find (DnD WarHorse, for example.)
I'm just saying that, unless you find somewhere where the mini is sold by itself, rather than packs of 12, I'm guessing that the SoV won't approve it.

Old February 1st, 2012, 02:58 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
About what you said in the 3FG thread about a SoV nomination, well, I've watched the SoV long enough to know that the War Horse wouldn't get reviewed because it doesn't really have a mini. If you can find a horse mini with wide availability, maybe, but not as it is right now.

So you are saying that since this mini is the right type to get nominated? But this was the only set of minis that are in scale and widely availbable. Other minis are far off in scale or rare to find (DnD WarHorse, for example.)
I'm just saying that, unless you find somewhere where the mini is sold by itself, rather than packs of 12, I'm guessing that the SoV won't approve it.
Ok now I am even confused..its an UNCommon Hero and the pack of 12 it comes in is not a Random Assortment but the same 12 horses in each package...so why would that be a problem exactly?

Also these TOOBS are sold in Michael's, AC Moore and even other Big Box stores like Walmart, TRU, Barnes & Noble etc...so they are probably even more easily available than say the AT43 figures that have already been used and approved.

Last edited by Onacara; February 1st, 2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: added the UN
Old February 1st, 2012, 03:03 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok now I am even confused..its a Common Hero and the pack of 12 it comes in is not a Random Assortment but the same 12 horses in each package...so why would that be a problem exactly?

Also these TOOBS are sold in Michael's, AC Moore and even other Big Box stores like Walmart, TRU, Barnes & Noble etc...so they are probably even more easily available than say the AT43 figures that have already been used and approved.
I'm not saying the availability is too low, I'm saying that nobody wants to have to buy 12 of them.

But ignore me, ask the SoV judges. It's entirely possible that I am totally wrong.

Old February 1st, 2012, 03:07 PM
has been BANNED

I would agree if you had to buy 12 to get 1 sculpt..but since they are Uncommon having different sculpts would actual help in identifying them from one another
Old February 1st, 2012, 03:12 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
... but since they are Uncommon having different sculpts would actually help in identifying them from one another
Exactly the intent, Ona.
Old February 1st, 2012, 07:57 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Copied this over from CHCG24 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
I also think that you are putting too much into one ability. So far I have seen that you have a modified carry and disengage in there. It would be much simpler to separate them. Especially since most scapers are familiar with disengage. They would only have to learn one power, mounted carry.

I would also second BIV's height advantage question for the mounted figure.
Old February 1st, 2012, 08:40 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have several small horses similar to this that my daughter gave me for scape. Wad going to give them carry like Threacus and then an ability like this.

Running Leap
Once during "insert name" it may ignore an elevation of 3 or less or leap over ware that is 3 or less spaces across. "Insert name" must us its full move to use this ability.
Old February 1st, 2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Copied this over from CHCG24 Discussion Thread

Quote:
I also think that you are putting too much into one ability. So far I have seen that you have a modified carry and disengage in there. It would be much simpler to separate them. Especially since most scapers are familiar with disengage. They would only have to learn one power, mounted carry.

I would also second BIV's height advantage question for the mounted figure.
Here is my answer:

I had considered seperating the powers intially, but wasn't sure if I should. Maybe I should now.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
I suppose. Some questions.

"The placed figure is considered adjacent to and one level above this horse's base." So the rider and horse are both affected by area affect attacks and the rider has height advantage over figures whose bases are on the same level as the horse, right? But for LOS purposes, you just use the horse (regardless of whether you're targeting the horse or the rider), right?

I don't think "Equus" is a word. Just call it a horse.

Other than that I don't see anything seriously wrong with this.
You are correct on both points, BIV.

Equus is Latin for horse, and used due to brother's persistance. I will change it anyway.
Old February 1st, 2012, 09:22 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcminis View Post
I have several small horses similar to this that my daughter gave me for scape. Wad going to give them carry like Threacus and then an ability like this.

Running Leap
Once during "insert name" it may ignore an elevation of 3 or less or leap over ware that is 3 or less spaces across. "Insert name" must us its full move to use this ability.
I had worked on one once with a SCATTER like ability which made you move the horses X number of spaces if they were within X number of spaces of a figure that was attacked by a ranged attack.
Old February 13th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I really like this card, but I feel like having it in one power is way too much. I would break it down into two powers. One that allows the rider to get on and off the horse and one that says what happens when you are on the card.

I'll come back later when I have more time to help you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards