Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old March 28th, 2014, 09:27 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post

Oh, let's be crafty... Shades of Bleakewood x5
Roman Archers x7 - 385
Raelin - 465
Chainfighter - 490 23 hexes.

Finally! A chance for the Roman Archers to shine have a chance!!!

Last edited by fomox; March 28th, 2014 at 09:28 PM. Reason: They still need Raelin, though...
Old March 28th, 2014, 09:37 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Quote:

Roman Archers x7 - 385
Raelin - 465

Iron Golem x5

Iron Tough + 6 defense will basically void Arrow Volley. Then Raelin and the Chainfighter will be no match.

~HS2010, in fives.
Old March 28th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Roman Archers x7 - 385
Raelin - 465

Iron Golem x5

Iron Tough + 6 defense will basically void Arrow Volley. Then Raelin and the Chainfighter will be no match.

~HS2010, in fives.
Ah but what about that killer attack of two?
Anyway my counter: hmmm...
Warriors of Ashra x6
Crixus
Raelin
Isamu
Marcu
5000 points 22 hexes
Have fun trying to hit anything with your melee golems. Whatever the elves don't mob down Crixus will most likely be able to finish, especially if its only one or two highly wounded ones left. That is also if you ever actually score a kill against the nimble elves.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old March 28th, 2014, 09:56 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Roman Archers x7 - 385
Raelin - 465

Iron Golem x5

~HS2010, in fives.
Warriors of Ashra x6
Crixus
Raelin
Isamu
Marcu
5000 points 22 hexes
Have fun trying to hit anything with your melee golems. Whatever the elves don't mob down Crixus will most likely be able to finish, especially if its only one or two highly wounded ones left. That is also if you ever actually score a kill against the nimble elves.
Well no wonder you'll beat my Golems!!!

My counter:

Blue Wyrmling x4 + Black Wyrmling x4 + Red Wyrmling x4 + White Wyrmling x4
500pts/16hexes

None of your figures are bigger than Medium so all the Wyrmling powers will work.

~HS2010, in fours.

P.S.
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 28th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Roman Archers x7 - 385
Raelin - 465

Iron Golem x5

~HS2010, in fives.
Warriors of Ashra x6
Crixus
Raelin
Isamu
Marcu
5000 points 22 hexes
Well no wonder you'll beat my Golems!!!
You didn't see anything...

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old March 28th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

500pts/16hexes

None of your figures are bigger than Medium so all the Wyrmling powers will work.

~HS2010, in fours.

P.S.
Spoiler Alert!
Nhah Scirh Cultists x5 -400
Iron Golem -500

Nuff said.
Old March 30th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
Quote:

500pts/16hexes

~HS2010, in fours.

P.S.
Spoiler Alert!
Nhah Scirh Cultists x5 -400
Iron Golem -500

Nuff said.
Man, you just had to bring back the good units, we were having so much fun with the c level figures

anyways

Heavy Gruts x5 - 340
Grimnak - 120
Siiv - 40
500/23

Gruts match the cultists hit for hit, but with Grimnak in the fight, he can auto kill once per turn, plus bonding gives a fifth attack, plus he has warrior enhancment to the heavy gruts, making them more than a match for the cultists. Iron Golem will be tough, but 4 attacks of 4 shouldn't be that easy for the golem to shake off. Siiv works as a clean up unit for the remaining cultists, or as a first strike unit to thin down the incoming crod of cultists.
Old March 30th, 2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Heavy Gruts x5 - 340
Grimnak - 120
Siiv - 40
500/23
Sir Dupuis + Templar Cavalry x3 = 510pts/20hexes (yes, 510pts. Suck it up. )

Grimnak and Siiv's abilities are basically negated since all of my units are Large. The Templar will get +1 attack against all of your figures along with +2 with Galloping Charge. The Templar take on the Gruts while Sir Dupuis fights Grimnak and then Siiv will fall easily.

~HS2010, reviving a classic rivalry.
Old March 30th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

Grimnak and Siiv's abilities are basically negated since all of my units are Large. The Templar will get +1 attack against all of your figures along with +2 with Galloping Charge. The Templar take on the Gruts while Sir Dupuis fights Grimnak and then Siiv will fall easily.

I like 20 Heavy Gruts a lot better than 9 Templars...

Anyway, Mezzos x7+Blue Wyrmling+Isamu. Good luck getting through 14 Exoskeleton markers before you die from my first two Mezzos.

Old March 30th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:

I like 20 Heavy Gruts a lot better than 9 Templars...

Anyway, Mezzos x7+Blue Wyrmling+Isamu. Good luck getting through 14 Exoskeleton markers before you die from my first two Mezzos.
Q9, Q10, DW8K, Siiv.

Special attackers unite!
Old March 30th, 2014, 11:14 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sujoah, Jotun, and Ne-Gok-Sa - 500 points.

They all have fairly good defense to give them a chance against the soulborgs. Sujoah and Jotun are immune to Siiv's special. Sujoah has the speed and offensive capability to chase down and destroy someone, Jotun smashes, and maybe Ne-Gok-Sa will get lucky. Of course, I'm not entirely sure this army would actually win, but it would have a good chance.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old March 30th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sir Gilbert (105)
Sir Dendrick (100)
Knights of Weston x4 (280)
Isamu
495/18

Knights have a high enough defense that using Jotun's multi attack will be a bit risky. Also, 4 attacks of 3 (4 with Gilbert's aura) and an additional attack of 3 or 6 (Dendrick with giant slayer) will make quick work of your big heavy hitters. Ne Gok Sa is not really a problem since the heroes are not integral to the army after they get into position. And I get to use the knights of weston

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion