Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Old January 26th, 2015, 11:30 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
BoSS - Brainstorming Thread

Lead Designers:
@heroscaper2010 - vacant
@Yodaking - vacant
@Karat - Dagobah
@Ninja Status - vacant
@DanieLoche - vacant
@TREX - vacant
@Koolster25 - vacant

Suggested Maps:
Bespin Freezing chamber
Bespin landing platform
Jabba's Dungeon/Palace
Pit of Carkoon
Endor
Death Star

This thread is for map discussion regarding the Battlefields of Star wars 'Scape (BoSS) project. As of now, only members of BoSS can lead in map design. Map contests will still be held where the public can submit ideas and the public will be encouraged to help the selection, design, and testing process. Only BoSS members will be able to be an LD though.

Last edited by Ninja Status; January 27th, 2015 at 07:30 PM.
Old January 27th, 2015, 05:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: BoSS - Brainstorming Thread

Hmm for some reason this mention never popped up for me or it did and I accidentally overlooked and then deleted it. Maybe post a link for this thread int eh BoSS thread and Voting thread to make sure everyone sees it. Anyway I'm subscribed now. I can give you all a heads up on some maps the Council was hoping to have for future releases. That will give us some starting points for a discussion on what to tackle first.

Karat has a Swamps of Dagobah map underway in the inner sanctum he plans on finishing up out in the public. We have also talked about wanting a Bespin Freezing Chamber map good for a Vader/Luke duel. A Bespin Landing Platform map would be cool but not mandatory. A Jabba's Palace/Dungeon map featuring shadow & swamp water tiles. A Pit of Carkoon map incorporating a future Sarlac figure/object. That covers our ideas for the next couple of releases.
Old January 27th, 2015, 05:41 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

@Ninja Status Could you update the OP with something like this:

Spoiler Alert!

Also, I have a Rancor custom in my customs thread that I am working on if you guys wanted some ideas. (See sig for link)

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs

Last edited by Koolster25; January 27th, 2015 at 06:16 PM.
Old January 27th, 2015, 07:31 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Good thinking, @Koolster25 . It's been updated .
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I just now got the mention.
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, me too. That was weird.
Old January 27th, 2015, 10:03 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

Same. And I never got the one from the procedures thread...

My Customs
Old January 27th, 2015, 10:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Just got the mention. You guys want us to pick a suggested map and go for some stuff using Virtualscape for a two player tourney map. What are the desired map dimensions for minimum to maximum size? Then I shall pick one and go for it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 27th, 2015, 10:58 PM

Did you guys wanna start cranking out maps and then wing and refine the judging process or did you wanna set some rules in stone and then approach actually making the maps?
I'm up for either, just wanted to hear your all's opinion.

My Customs
Old January 28th, 2015, 01:09 AM
C3G Landlord

Lets get the rules set in stone first, then the fun part can begin. As for the size and types of maps, I think the previous limits were good ones. 2 player Tourney style maps, specific scenario maps, casual play maps, and 3-5 player maps should all be made at one point or another. Pitch any ideas you have for any type of map and see how the rest of the group responds to it.

From the old BoSS thread:
[quote=heroscaper2010;1764565]
Welcome to BoSS. Here we will discuss map designs for the HoSS project.

Guidelines of BoSS:
Quote:
1. Map submissions are open to all in the Heroscapers community. We are looking for competitive, casual, and scenario maps.

2. Maps are generally not to exceed 3 Master Sets and up to 2 terrain expansions. See the classifications at the bottom of this section. Maps that exceed this guideline may be accepted for review at the discretion of the voting members.

3. Map submissions will be reviewed by members of BoSS and HoSS prior to acceptance. Acceptance will be based on theme, usability, building requirements, etc.

4. Accepted maps will enter the workshop phase. In the workshop, the maps will be tested for balance, thematic elements, and usability, and adjustments will be made as necessary.

5. After completing the workshop phase, the map will be presented to the members of HoSS and BoSS for a final vote. Maps failing the final vote may be placed back into the workshop for adjustments and presented again.

Set Classifications:
Quote:
Master Sets - 2 of the following may be used as a Master Set:
Rise of the Valkyrie
Marvel: The Conflict Begins
Swarm of the Marro
D&D: Battle for the Underdark

Expansions - Up to 3 of the following may be used as an Expansion:
Road To The Forgotten Forest
Volcarren Wasteland
Thaelenk Tundra
Fortress of the Archkyrie
Ticalla Jungle

Hybrid Master Sets - 1 of the following may be used in place of 2 Expansions:
Rise of the Valkyrie
Marvel: The Conflict Begins
Swarm of the Marro
D&D: Battle for the Underdark
Old January 28th, 2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Pitch any ideas you have for any type of map and see how the rest of the group responds to it.
Alright. I was thinking about doing a Bespin Freezing Chamber map. It would have a 7 hex dip in the middle with walls on the side and 1 hex steps up to the side of the wall. It would also have some sort of glyph that could activate the carbonite/ deactivate the carbonite at the end of the round. Any figures on the 7 hex chamber would be unable to take any turns or use powers from their army cards. What do you guys think? A whole round seems like a long time, but a turn seems too short? Also, any suggestions about how the map should look or glyph etc.?

My Customs
Old January 28th, 2015, 11:21 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolster25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Pitch any ideas you have for any type of map and see how the rest of the group responds to it.
Alright. I was thinking about doing a Bespin Freezing Chamber map. It would have a 7 hex dip in the middle with walls on the side and 1 hex steps up to the side of the wall. It would also have some sort of glyph that could activate the carbonite/ deactivate the carbonite at the end of the round. Any figures on the 7 hex chamber would be unable to take any turns or use powers from their army cards. What do you guys think? A whole round seems like a long time, but a turn seems too short? Also, any suggestions about how the map should look or glyph etc.?
I would work it like this. Build the map at your house until you think it looks right, Then put the map into something like virtualscape and then we can see it in all its glory. After that figure up scenario options. I'm thinking you could have a glyph or something in the freezing chamber that effects all the spaces on the 7 hex. Anyhow that is what I will be doing. Should be loads of fun.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape