Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 29th, 2016, 09:43 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape Traveller

Well met!

Tweaking map. Suddenly plastic fatigue hits a half dozen pieces! Had to rebuild. Results in Gallery.

P.S.: Actual play (other than solo) still to be determined.

Old August 30th, 2016, 11:09 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Played solo 3-Player game last night. Armies:

1. Silver Banshee, Sub-Mariner, Swamp Thing, Moon Knight
2. Mandarin, Scarlet Spider, Lady Deathstrike, Abe Sapien
3. Deathstroke, Fantomex, Blade, Hawkeye

Deathstroke team won by letting the other two teams destroy each other in the center.

The Wound Power Glyph is a trap. I don't know if there is anything worth being that much of a target on low ground.

Mandarin's Energy Ring is dangerous to friend and foe, making him Target #1.

Silver Banshee just doesn't thrill me. Replacing her with Scarlet Witch when I get back to New York.

The 150 point units are too weak in this context. Replacing them (when I return) with Batman (250), Psylocke (250), Iron Man (250), and Red Skull (220).

Luck is very important in C3G.

Old September 2nd, 2016, 10:02 AM

Well met!

Rainy day in Charlotte. Tweaked map yet again (see Gallery). The isolated hexes adjacent to Jungle now have height relative to the rest of the map (except for the Lava Field).

As mentioned elsewhere, with reference to the previous post, Hawkeye and Moon Knight may be worth keeping. I may carry more Cards (and figures) to Jamaica, so I can experiment.

P.S.: Rebuilt to add a few more high spaces.

Last edited by kolakoski; September 2nd, 2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old September 6th, 2016, 02:27 PM

Well met!

Packing up to come home from Charlotte. Decided to leave the Stone terrain here, to save space for stuff we bought here. When I go to Jamaica, I'll substitute Sand and/or Grass and rebuild, still using Swamp Water. Will retain Jungle and Ruins, and will add Evergreens for LoS blockers.

Will take most of my C3G minis to Jamaica, and print out more Cards, to give myself some options in constructing Drafts. Still deciding on what units perform well or are not boring in this format. As I go back and forth, I'll give myself as many options as possible.

Old September 12th, 2016, 10:08 AM

Well met!

In
The Heroscape Traveller, I laid out my plans to take some 'Scape to Jamaica at the end of November (11/30 - 12/2. However, see my Heroscape Traveller thread, a test run to Charlotte resulted in my leaving my Stone behind, and resolving to expand the number of units available. While I prefer a draft, given the inexperience of my opponents, and the limitations of my collection, I've decided to pre-build some teams for this Map.

The Road to the Lost
Temple of Dissolution!

Deep in the Swamp, on the Island of Lies, is hidden the Temple of Dissolution, . . .

The Map.

Long and narrow, roughly as shown below:

The Teams.

Each Player will field one of the teams of Explorers listed below.

The Explorers.

The X-Society (890).
Professor X, Deadpool, Mystique (I), X-23

The Assassins (880).

The New Defenders (890).
Doctor Strange,
Incredible Hulk, Tempest

The Doom Patrol (910).
Doctor Doom,
Scarlet Spider,
Diablo, Ragman

Les Femmes Fatale (905).
Batwoman,
Scarlet Witch, Psylocke, Emma Frost

The Fiendish Four (900).
Mandarin, Mister Hyde, Malekith, Puppet Master

The Agents of Shield (890).
S.H.I.E.L.D Agents x 2 (disguised as
Intergang Agents),

Agent Hunter,
Nick Fury, Black Widow, Lady Hawkeye (I)

The New Avengers (900).
Captain America,
Iron Man, Iron Fist, Black Knight

The Abominable Skullmen (900).
Red Skull,
Abomination, Venom, Vertigo

The Fantom Knights (890).
Batman, Fantomex, Blade, Moon Knight

The Play.

If there is an odd number of Players, the Players (in a randomly determined order) will place units on the Beach (the Sand hexes at either end of the Map), a Card at a time, until all Cards have been placed. During the first three Rounds of play, all Explorers' units are considered "friendly" to one another, and may move freely through other Explorers' units, with no other interactions (combat, involuntary movement, etc.) being permitted. After the third Round is completed, "normal" "Free For All" will commence, with each Player being the enemy of each other Player.

If there is an even number of Players, half of them will place all his/her/their units on the Beach at one end of the Map, while the other half will place all his/her/their units at the opposite end. If there are more than two Players (4, 6, 8, etc.), the Players at each end of the Map will be teammates.

Play continues until only one Player or team has figure(s) on the Map.

Last edited by kolakoski; September 13th, 2016 at 04:15 PM.
Old September 13th, 2016, 04:20 PM

Well met!

Added pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

The Explorers.

The X-Society (890).

The Assassins (880).

The New Defenders (890).
Doctor Strange,
Incredible Hulk, Tempest

The Doom Patrol (910).
Doctor Doom,
Scarlet Spider,
Diablo, Ragman

Les Femmes Fatale (905).
Batwoman,

The Fiendish Four (900).
Mandarin, Mister Hyde, Malekith, Puppet Master

The Agents of Shield (890).
S.H.I.E.L.D Agents x 2 (disguised as
Intergang Agents),

Agent Hunter,
Nick Fury, Black Widow, Lady Hawkeye (I)

The New Avengers (900).
Captain America,
Iron Man, Iron Fist, Black Knight

The Abominable Skullmen (900).
Red Skull,
Abomination, Venom, Vertigo

The Fantom Knights (890).
Batman, Fantomex, Blade, Moon Knight

Old November 7th, 2016, 04:50 PM

Well met!

Here's the new map:

The Spiral Castle

Units begin off map, and enter at the corners (lower left and upper right).

Mandarin and Red Skull (w/Cosmic Cube) can freely move units into space. Abomination (Super Throw 8), Iron Man (Repulsor Beam), Puppet Master (String Pull 16 and Reactive Mind Control 8) and Doctor Doom (Elaborate Pit Trap 14) can do so under certain circumstances. I'm inclined to not include them (unless I can balance them against each other somehow). Teams still good to include:

The X-Society (890).

The Assassins (880).
Hand Ninja x 2, Kingpin, Boomerang,
Lady Deathstrike,
Typhoid Mary

Les Femmes Fatale (905).
Batwoman,

Rebuilding one more:

The New Avengers (900).
Captain America,
Spider-Man, Iron Fist
, Black Knight

What do you all think?

Old November 7th, 2016, 11:28 PM

Re: Heroscape Traveller - Revised

Well met!

Here's the new map:

Schloss Wolken

A simple Kill-'em-All. Units begin off map, and enter at the corners (lower left and upper right).

The Doom Patrol (830).
Doctor Doom, Scarlet Spider, Sandman

Mandarin's Hand (830).
Mandarin, Hand Ninja x 2, Lady Deathstrike, Diablo

The New Agents of Shield (830).
S.H.I.E.L.D Agents x 2 (disguised as Intergang Agents),
Commander Rogers (Steve Rogers), Nick Fury, Agent Hunter

The New Defenders (835).
Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Iron Man

While Mandarin (Glyph of Makluan Electromagnetic Rings), and (less reliably) Doctor Doom (Elaborate Pit Trap 14) and Iron Man (Repulsor Beam), being able to toss units into space is scary, I think these teams are reasonably balanced.

Last edited by kolakoski; November 10th, 2016 at 08:54 PM.
Old November 12th, 2016, 01:05 PM

Well met!

The terrain for Schloss Wolken will, unfortunately, take up more space in my suitcase (5 large ziplock bags). A start would be to take out the large areas at the corners (with Large Evergreens). And more efficiently rebuild the rest, while hopefully retaining the flavor of the map.

Old November 14th, 2016, 12:17 AM

[Duplicate Post]

Last edited by kolakoski; November 15th, 2016 at 07:39 PM.
Old November 14th, 2016, 02:17 PM

Well met!

Hopefully, this is it . . .

After the last flurry of modifications to
Schloss Wolken, I still came away worried that the places where units entered the map were too exposed. lefton4ya suggested, "[h]ow about with battlements, but no evergreens. Seriously, trees in the sky (unless like avatar) don't look right, and battlements make sense as walls to prevent falls." I took out (yet again) my table, and the terrain I'd packed, eschewed the Evergreens (saving a ton of space), added two Small Ruins, 2 7-hex Wall Walks, more Battlements, and rebuilt with Start Zones.

The Battle for Skybridge

Start Zones are the 15 hexes on the lower left and upper right corners (behind Small Ruins).

Four Players will compete in two teams:
The Doom Patrol/Mandarin's Hand vs. The New Agents of Shield/The New Defenders.The winner is the team with the most points on the center seven hexes and on both bridges (five per bridge, a total of 17 hexes) after 10 Rounds.

The Doom Patrol (830).
Doctor Doom, Scarlet Spider, Sandman

Mandarin's Hand (830).
Mandarin, Hand Ninja x 2, Lady Deathstrike, Diablo

The New Agents of Shield (830).
S.H.I.E.L.D Agents x 2 (disguised as Intergang Agents),
Commander Rogers (Steve Rogers), Nick Fury, Agent Hunter

The New Defenders (835).
Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Iron Man

Last edited by kolakoski; November 15th, 2016 at 08:14 PM.
Old November 15th, 2016, 02:27 PM

Well met!

Added 7-hex Wall Walk to each Start Zone, laid out the preferred opponents, and changed the Victory Conditions:

Start Zones are the 13 hexes on the lower left and upper right corners (behind Small Ruins). [There will actually be an additional seven.] Four Players will compete in two teams: The Doom Patrol/Mandarin's Hand vs. The New Agents of Shield/The New Defenders.The winner is the team with the most points on the center seven hexes and on both bridges (five per bridge, a total of 17 hexes) after 10 Rounds.

chas is coming over Friday, so we'll have a chance to see how this plays before I leave for Jamaica.

P.S.: Replaced pics with new ones featuring extended Start Zones.

Last edited by kolakoski; November 15th, 2016 at 08:04 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion