Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old December 12th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) By-Laws Now Official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
Also, peteparkerh, I've been meaning to say this, but you need to update the list of current judges on the front page.
Done. Good catch.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old December 12th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As we are getting into the actual playtesting of maps, here is just a quick reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post
SECTION 2: How maps are judged
2. Maps will be playtested competitively at least once by all judges, using 800-1200 point armies. Candidates for approval will be playtested more than once.
3. Consideration for approved maps will be given, generally, based on the following criteria and in this order: balance of starting zones, interesting play including creative use of height and cover, use of classic comic book situations, and aesthetics.
4. Time for consideration is: as long as it takes for the judges to make an informed decision.
5. Great maps will be approved; not good ones. Don't let this discourage you.
Personally, aesthetics and balance are my big areas of concern. Unofficially, I think it would be nice for each of us to focus on specific areas as well as general evaluations.

"Under the 'El' 2" by jodokast is now under review with the majority vote.

Current Status

Maps Under Review:
Scapecity Tower Bridge by Peteparkerh
YES = 0 [] ; NO = 0 [];Pending = 5 [Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, Stumpy_man, ET86] ; Can't Vote= 1 [Peteparkerh]

Under the "EL" by Jodokast
YES = 0 [] ; NO = 0 [];Pending = 6 [Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, Stumpy_man, ET86, Peteparkerh]

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old December 12th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Per the rules, I believe we have to have a 75% vote to get things done. Am I reading them wrong? With 6 judges, 5 would have to vote for 75%.

Old December 12th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Per the by-laws:

Maps nominated for consideration will go through the following process after a majority of acceptance votes by the judges:

Quote:
Old December 12th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Mayor of Scape City

Quote:
Per the by-laws:

Maps nominated for consideration will go through the following process after a majority of acceptance votes by the judges:
Good. I wrote/copied the by-laws, but still needed some help. Thanks.

I will try to playtest both maps this weekend.

Edit: I started a Display Thread for the maps, so when we are done approving a map, we can display it in a nice clean thread. Please do not post in that thread.

Last edited by peteparkerh; December 12th, 2008 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Added display thread info
Old December 12th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) Discussion Thread

I have not read the entire thread, but can you mix Heroscape and Marvelscape together to make a map?
Old December 12th, 2008, 10:27 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
I have not read the entire thread, but can you mix Heroscape and Marvelscape together to make a map?
You'd know if you bothered to even look at the maps submitted.

EDIT: That sounded harsher than I meant it. My bad.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; December 12th, 2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
In the by-laws,

"3. Single Maps are not to exceed 1 MS, 1 Marvel Set, and up to 2 terrain expansions (no duplicate expansions are allowed, maps which use less sets will be more buildable for the community)."

Quote:
Good. I wrote/copied the by-laws, but still needed some help. Thanks.

I will try to playtest both maps this weekend.

Edit: I started a Display Thread for the maps, so when we are done approving a map, we can display it in a nice clean thread. Please do not post in that thread.
No problem. Great idea about the display thread. If we had an active admin, it would be nice if the thread was closed, but I don't think IamBatman has been around in a while.

Quote:
Old December 12th, 2008, 01:13 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Per the rules, I believe we have to have a 75% vote to get things done. Am I reading them wrong? With 6 judges, 5 would have to vote for 75%.
As was already pointed out, only a majority vote is needed to accept for review. However, to actually be accepted into BoM, a 75% vote is indeed needed.

Now a question to those who've played on Scapecity tower bridge, how often was the lower section used? I've played on the map once before BoM started, and once after I became a judge, and both times the lower section was hardly used. Now the last game I played on it, the lower section could have been used if my brother had tried, but since he didn't, my Samurai down there were useless, and taken out quickly. The use of the lower section will be a huge determining factor for me, and I really want to vote yes on this map, but if the lower section isn't used, I'll have to vote no.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old December 12th, 2008, 03:38 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Now a question to those who've played on Scapecity tower bridge, how often was the lower section used? I've played on the map once before BoM started, and once after I became a judge, and both times the lower section was hardly used. Now the last game I played on it, the lower section could have been used if my brother had tried, but since he didn't, my Samurai down there were useless, and taken out quickly. The use of the lower section will be a huge determining factor for me, and I really want to vote yes on this map, but if the lower section isn't used, I'll have to vote no.

When playing the bridge with Peteparkerh the lower section was used quite a bit (I believe in every game we played). I think I made mention of this before, but it can be a very useful way of getting to your opponent or negating range. I used some units to tie him up on the bridge while I sent some others the underneath route. Remember, one of the things we want to see when it comes to play testing maps is that it gets played several (or as many as possible)times and that a decision is not reached with just one or two games. Give it a few more try's (remember there is no time frame for approving a map) before you say yea or nay. The more times you play it the more sure you will be with your decision either way.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old December 12th, 2008, 03:42 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Well of course I'm going to play on it more (I'd like to at least 4 more times. This will be easier since my my other brother is coming home for christmas), but I just was stating a concern I had about that map. Thanks for the reassurance.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old December 12th, 2008, 03:50 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Well of course I'm going to play on it more (I'd like to at least 4 more times. This will be easier since my my other brother is coming home for christmas), but I just was stating a concern I had about that map. Thanks for the reassurance.
I understand your concern completely. It was one of mine as well when Pete first created the map and brought it over to my house to try out (long before BOM). This, I believe, is exactly what we should be looking for with this whole project. The judges taking their time to play and discuss the maps up for review in order to get only the best of the best maps out there into the BOM.

This is FUN!

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios