Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 6th, 2014, 01:41 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 8/24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I built and played Sear. Really great map; lots of nice choices to make.
Awesome! Glad you like it. I thought the map had several paths and options for the players. I enjoyed the games I played on it.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 13th, 2014, 10:56 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

@Dignan , perhaps you've seen that Cage Match has been nominated to the Wargrounds of Scape?

I'm sitting down to build it right now, and just noticed that one of the SZs in the 3D picture seems to be wrong.

(Have you heard this before? If so, sorry.)
Old September 14th, 2014, 12:44 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Finished building Cage Match. Thought you might like seeing it with some of my custom terrain (Raelins and Othkuriks debased and glued atop columns as crowning totemic statues; plus gobs of spray paint).

Old September 14th, 2014, 10:24 AM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
@Dignan , perhaps you've seen that Cage Match has been nominated to the Wargrounds of Scape?

I'm sitting down to build it right now, and just noticed that one of the SZs in the 3D picture seems to be wrong.

(Have you heard this before? If so, sorry.)
Interesting. It looks like the picture for the map is from an earlier build. The PDF has the correct layout. I must have made a change after I made the image. Odd.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 14th, 2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Finished building Cage Match. Thought you might like seeing it with some of my custom terrain (Raelins and Othkuriks debased and glued atop columns as crowning totemic statues; plus gobs of spray paint).

I love that. Those column toppers are great. The map looks really cool with them. Great work.

Old October 25th, 2014, 11:49 AM

Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 10/25

Update 10/25

Another map coming out of my workshop. Apologies for the similarities with Sear. I made this one for our local NHSD event and it worked out really well. Enjoy.

Map: Circuitous
Date Uploaded: 10/25/14
Requires: 1 SotM, 1 TJ, 1 RttFF

Old October 31st, 2014, 09:33 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Sear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
I like the cut of your jib, sir. So much so that I will be taking Sear to NHSD in October. I love well thought out lava maps such as this one, and the trees and road really look to add to the play potential.
Played two games on Sear over the weekend and watched a 3rd.

Both games I played had interesting battles and decisions across the bridge. The first game I played was a knights v romans build, so all melee except for Me-Burq-Sa. The bridge made it tough once we had split our armies across the bridge, because we could only send one figure at a time to meet the opponent without traveling across the lava which would inevitably lead to give up height. I think the map tends to lead to the natural taking of each zone across the bridge. Someone is going to rush that way, and the other person isn't going to want to fight up to retake that hill so they take the other one. In both of my game there wound up being a melee hero stranded on the bridge because a friendly figure engaged who they couldn't move through, and it would have been 2-3 turns to go around. (In both cases I had range who could attack at the bridge figures). So that was a frustrating situation for my opponent in both games, and typically I don't mind choke points, but this one had no reasonable way to go around, but that is the nature of a central bridge map.

The lava didn't come into play much, as most of the fighting took place at the bridge, some at the sides during the treasure quest game, and some in my startzone during my other game.

Thanks for another quality map Dignan.
Old November 9th, 2014, 04:42 PM

Re: Sear

Quote:
Quote:
I like the cut of your jib, sir. So much so that I will be taking Sear to NHSD in October. I love well thought out lava maps such as this one, and the trees and road really look to add to the play potential.
Played two games on Sear over the weekend and watched a 3rd.

Both games I played had interesting battles and decisions across the bridge. The first game I played was a knights v romans build, so all melee except for Me-Burq-Sa. The bridge made it tough once we had split our armies across the bridge, because we could only send one figure at a time to meet the opponent without traveling across the lava which would inevitably lead to give up height. I think the map tends to lead to the natural taking of each zone across the bridge. Someone is going to rush that way, and the other person isn't going to want to fight up to retake that hill so they take the other one. In both of my game there wound up being a melee hero stranded on the bridge because a friendly figure engaged who they couldn't move through, and it would have been 2-3 turns to go around. (In both cases I had range who could attack at the bridge figures). So that was a frustrating situation for my opponent in both games, and typically I don't mind choke points, but this one had no reasonable way to go around, but that is the nature of a central bridge map.

The lava didn't come into play much, as most of the fighting took place at the bridge, some at the sides during the treasure quest game, and some in my startzone during my other game.

Thanks for another quality map Dignan.
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear that the map bogged down for you guys on the bridge.

Old November 9th, 2014, 04:46 PM

Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 11/9

Update 11/9

Here's a fresh map I've had on the table for some time. I decided to make a fully asymmetrical map. The goal was to make natural looking map without simply mirroring components for balance. I tried to make things even, but not achieved in the same manner. In the end, we've had a lot of fun playing on this and it's been real nice to look at on the table.

Map: Grutsbane Pass
Date Uploaded: 11/9/24
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 BftU, 1 RttFF

Old November 9th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That's impressive, dignan! I'm curious to see how it holds up in competitive play. Could this be the holy grail of asymmetrical maps?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 10th, 2014, 12:49 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

It's extremely solid; we must have played 15-20 games or more on it.

I am confident it holds up well for competitive play.

The thing I like most is the glyph set up. That island attack glyph and the extreme high ground on the other side keep the whole map in play for most of the game.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old November 10th, 2014, 01:28 AM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

I feel like this would be a beautiful map to play my beloved Vipers - with potential for up to 13 movement (two move glyphs + warlord bonus) and an easy to grab attack glyph (for Vipers), the amount of mobility and offensive output the snakes would have would be terrifying, though not broken. Nothing with 0 defense dice could be broken, could it?

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios