Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 10th, 2022, 10:50 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Speaking of new stuff in the AOA figures, I'm surprised that no one except me has noted that all the new Kyrie are female (as in the original Norse myth). This is fine with me, but I'm surprised no purist said "Hey, what's going on?"

I also wonder why they made a Bug Faction and then made the Cyborg exclusive look like a bug. Go figure.

I still want all the Stretch Goal figures, whether we reach them or not. Otherwise I may have to go back to hating Hasbro.

Its hard not to note in that business publication article someone linked earlier on that the new Hasbro CEO is named C**k But I won't comment on it. Hey, the site will not let me spell it out, but the missing letters are oc.

(Make your own pithy remark to yourself, as I have).
Old October 10th, 2022, 11:02 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Regarding rebooting vs rehashing, I think it's fair to say the most sought after figures in this campaign are locked behind stretch goals. It's interesting that Avalon Hill recognized that the SOTM characters would be the most desirable figures but didn't recognize it may have been a good idea to include more retro offerings in the base launch. The fact that the Kyrie were not part of the initial tease wasn't just an oversight, it was a core mistake.

The armchair quarterback in me says the perfect mixture for the launch figures would have been half new factions and half reimagined factions. I'm thinking 4Th Mass. Line with upgraded sculpts in new dramatic poses along with updated weaponry to show how they've evolved the last 20 years as a prime example. Perhaps the KOW have acquired powerswords and power armor. That would have been a fun throwback especially since you could still field old and new versions of the same fighters since they would have different sculpts and different cards. But what do I know.
Old October 10th, 2022, 11:46 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Regarding rebooting vs rehashing, I think it's fair to say the most sought after figures in this campaign are locked behind stretch goals. It's interesting that Avalon Hill recognized that the SOTM characters would be the most desirable figures but didn't recognize it may have been a good idea to include more retro offerings in the base launch. The fact that the Kyrie were not part of the initial tease wasn't just an oversight, it was a core mistake.

The armchair quarterback in me says the perfect mixture for the launch figures would have been half new factions and half reimagined factions. I'm thinking 4Th Mass. Line with upgraded sculpts in new dramatic poses along with updated weaponry to show how they've evolved the last 20 years as a prime example. Perhaps the KOW have acquired powerswords and power armor. That would have been a fun throwback especially since you could still field old and new versions of the same fighters since they would have different sculpts and different cards. But what do I know.
All of this would've been nice (except the 4th Mass/KoW since those are some of the best figures in the game and the new versions would've had to be lesser) but the real issue is simply the lack of an introductory tier. If you got 30% of the content for 50% of the price lots more people would back. Or if you got 10% of the content for 25% of the price.

I'm the perfect audience for this launch - a veteran scaper who hasn't quite completed their collection & thus is thankful for the new terrain, while at the same time being all in on the new figures. I LOVE everything about this package. I feel like I'm ripping AH off getting what to me is like $450-500 in value for $250. At the same time though, I am in a very unique situation and this type of production absolutely does NOT appeal to all the groups of people (primarily new players or players who got rid of their collections years ago) that AH needs it to.
Old October 10th, 2022, 12:16 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Stretch goals do not equal exclusive.

At no point did they say the SOTM Heroes were exclusive or even locked or lost if the stretch goals were not met. We simply do not get them with the vanguard offering.

If it funds without the stretch goals being met, the SOTM heroes will probably be offered later as an additional purchase.

(I could be wrong but that has been the way I have interpreted it.)

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; October 10th, 2022 at 12:17 PM. Reason: dunno which way is up anymore
Old October 10th, 2022, 12:17 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post

At no point did they say the SOTM Heroes were exclusive or even locked or lost of the stretch goals were not met.

If it funds without stretch goals being met, the SOTM heroes will probably be offered later as an additional purchase.

(I could be wrong but that has been the way in interpreted it.)
They have clearly distinguished between 'exclusives' and 'stretch goals' so I agree
Old October 10th, 2022, 12:25 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Quote:

At no point did they say the SOTM Heroes were exclusive or even locked or lost of the stretch goals were not met.

If it funds without stretch goals being met, the SOTM heroes will probably be offered later as an additional purchase.

They have clearly distinguished between 'exclusives' and 'stretch goals' so I agree
The thing I mentioned about this though is it'd be kinda lame to unlock say the first two figures and then have to buy a SOTM hero pack with all five figures. I don't imagine then seeing single figures or splitting them up in different packs. So you'd have doubles of just a couple of the figures which would be weird, but I guess the copies are free bonuses. Just a weird setup for down the line retail purchasing of those figures.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 10th, 2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

The thing I mentioned about this though is it'd be kinda lame to unlock say the first two figures and then have to buy a SOTM hero pack with all five figures. I don't imagine then seeing single figures or splitting them up in different packs. So you'd have doubles of just a couple of the figures which would be weird, but I guess the copies are free bonuses. Just a weird setup for down the line retail purchasing of those figures.
Yeah that would be weird. They could also go as individual purchases, say $10 for each hero and then $20 for Rae. But imo this campaign doesn't have much of a chance of reaching any stretch goals so the discussion is moot
Old October 10th, 2022, 12:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think we'll hit over $3k by the end of the week and folks will start feeling better.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 10th, 2022, 12:46 PM

I'd be pretty shocked if we got to 3k by the end of this week but yeah I'd feel pretty good. Tbh if we're at 5k with 10 days to go or 6k with a week left I'll feel really good about it. I definitely think stores could get involved in the last week or so - the pricepoint of this package is too good, I can see local shops selling each faction for like $80 (or even just Xenithrax for $35)
Old October 10th, 2022, 01:11 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I'd be pretty shocked if we got to 3k by the end of this week but yeah I'd feel pretty good. Tbh if we're at 5k with 10 days to go or 6k with a week left I'll feel really good about it. I definitely think stores could get involved in the last week or so - the pricepoint of this package is too good, I can see local shops selling each faction for like $80 (or even just Xenithrax for $35)
Trendline looks good for both of those, but the recent points below the fit line indicate things are slowing down.
Old October 10th, 2022, 01:15 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Quote:
Trendline looks good for both of those, but the recent points below the fit line indicate things are slowing down.
We have to hope the theory that folks aren't going to back as much during the weekend (and this is the third day of a three day weekend for lots of folks) is true and things pick up the rest of this week.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 10th, 2022, 01:22 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:

At no point did they say the SOTM Heroes were exclusive or even locked or lost if the stretch goals were not met. We simply do not get them with the vanguard offering.

If it funds without the stretch goals being met, the SOTM heroes will probably be offered later as an additional purchase.

(I could be wrong but that has been the way I have interpreted it.)
This is the way I interpreted things as well, and mentioned the implication a few pages back (or maybe it was in the Backer Trend thread). The Dragoon and mecha-centipede are very clearly marked “HasLab Exclusive” and the SotM heroes are very clearly not. Sounds like a much sought-after special set, like Crest of the Valkyrie back in the day (hopefully in one box, not 5). “Champions of the Valkyrie” or “Veterans of the Ticalla Jungle.”

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion