Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 4th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
What crossover clout does Dr. Who have? It seems he was let in because some of the heroes are Dr. Who fans.

Which of the voting heroes do you believe are Dr. Who fans?
Based on existing and former heroes, I know Tornado and IAmBatman are, and I think Ronin is, at least.
Tornado and I aren’t Heroes and have no more vote than you (and say considerably less) about what’s allowed. Most I did was formally request a vote on Doctor Who for Mr. Nobody’s sake.
We both know that's not true. Even if you lack any formal voting clout, you're respected enough that whatever you say will probably happen.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 4th, 2018, 04:33 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I work actively to respect the process and the judgment calls of the current Heroes with full acknowledgement that I’m not one.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 4th, 2018, 04:36 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What crossover clout does Dr. Who have? It seems he was let in because some of the heroes are Dr. Who fans.

Based on existing and former heroes, I know Tornado and IAmBatman are, and I think Ronin is, at least.
Tornado and I aren’t Heroes and have no more vote than you (and say considerably less) about what’s allowed. Most I did was formally request a vote on Doctor Who for Mr. Nobody’s sake.
We both know that's not true. Even if you lack any formal voting clout, you're respected enough that whatever you say will probably happen.
I vote against Bats actually. I was actually the one who provoked the formal, very thorough proposal that he assembled. It was then through that discussion that my mind as changed. I'm fairly certain that if he decided to stomp his feet and cry about the injustice that I would not have changed my mind.

And we all disagree with Tornado on a regular basis.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 4th, 2018, 04:38 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Not through my discussion either, as I recall. I did my best to ask the question and let the voters establish your preferred answer.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 4th, 2018, 04:39 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wait so if you ain't Heroes what uh
Are you
Call us Legends.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 4th, 2018, 04:39 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3G HR Department: the Dumping Ground

Saying what I have to say here, if there’s a better place let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I have no intentions of designing Laurie Strode and Dr. Loomis to go against Michael, or any other final girls or prominent characters of their respective series. Even Mortal Kombat, I have no plans to go crazy there either. It was always hit the high notes with these franchises. So doing common armies and squads and representing the C and D list characters, diving deep into those worlds, was never a thing I was pushing for. They are guest characters as Ronin put it and I have alluded to in sanctum when discussing how I see these guys. I treat them as crossovers or events. It's not about let's see how big we can expand them, or long term shifting focus away from what this project is about in favor of these other franchises.
I feel personally targeted by this.

All kidding aside, I’m probably the biggest offender here. If the heroes ever feel I’m going overboard with my Doctor Who stuff, feel free to let me know. I’m not under the delusion every design I post in there is going to get made. I post what I do because (a) It’s fun and I enjoy it, and (b) developing the world around the Doctor allows me to more easily imagine what the units I do want to design should look like. But if anyone ever feels like it’s too much, please let me know.
Quote:
I can’t speak about what goes on in the sanctum, but Doctor Who has a long history of comics. It’s been published by big publishers like Marvel and IDW. During the Marvel Years, he encountered a character called Death’s Head, who also faced the Transformers and several 616 characters. I guess that’s a crossover by proxy? The show also crossed over with EastEnders, which is probably C3G canon.

I’d also argue that Doctor Who is a show that’s about a superhero in all but name. That puts it in a very similar league as something like Buffy in my eyes.
Old November 4th, 2018, 04:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Tornado & IAmBatman are not currently voting heroes and did not vote on or participate in the Dr. Who discussion and vote we recently held. Same for A3n, who has posted a few times in the Dr. Who thread and may or may not be providing the mini pics for the Dalek Drones. Ronin is a voting member who participated in the discussion and vote on Dr. Who, I don't recall him being particularly passionate or a forceful advocate for Dr. Who. I'll let him speak for himself on his interest or passion for the property. I know one hero mentioned being very much not a fan of Dr. Who, he posted once saying he felt a strong dislike for the property and left it at that.

I asked the question because I don't think any of the voting heroes are particularly invested in Dr. Who, only mildly so at best, and I was part of the internal discussion on the topic so I was interested in hearing what the public perception is.

If you were going to say me, I was going to correct the record. I proudly wear my fandom on my sleeve, and I'm a fan of many things, Dr. Who is something I am fairly neutral on. I don't hate the property though and am willing to help Nobody out with his passion project where I can. Same with you and Gargoyles, actually I like the Gargoyles IP more than Dr. Who, but I don't know enough about them to say I'm a fan.

Last edited by Yodaking; November 4th, 2018 at 07:08 PM.
Old November 4th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think there are too many buts and what-ifs to ever move to some kind of simple, objective standard for including a franchise in C3G, but we're more permissive than we've ever been, as far as what's kosher to design and what isn't. But all that's new and there are still areas where we need to work on our communication with the public.

I remember a while ago someone put together a "pitch guide" in Sanctum, with some questions to answer so that you could clarify for the unfamiliar how well an IP would fit in with C3G. Might be a good idea to throw that out here for the public members. I think it encompasses a lot of the things the Heroes worry about with a non-comic IP.

And for the record, I'm not a Who fan. Don't think any of the Heroes are. I watched one episode, maybe three or four years ago? Never followed up.
Old November 5th, 2018, 01:24 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quick Aside

Interesting conversation. I'll just say that you can tell who the Doctor Who fans are because they don't shorten it to Dr. Who. :P

I know I've inquired about anime in the past (and/or Avatar) and was basically told "we don't really feel that's a direction we should go at this time". I just made a number of customs anyways. (Admittedly, I haven't put together customs in ages, but I do have plenty of ideas that haven't yet been dumped out for public consumption)

That also said, I have literally zero designs in here so maybe I'm not the best role model for this.

~Dysole, who went as the 13th Doctor (the new one who's a girl for all the non Whovians) for Halloween
Old November 5th, 2018, 10:56 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I will chime in to reiterate the sentiments of others. A great way to sell the Heroes and the general community on a new IP is to build a strong case for it with sound reasoning. Part of this case includes experience as a designer and as a member of the project. Getting started designing for C3G can be a tall task, but once you get into the hang of it, things run much smoother and you may be surprised as how quickly you garner respect as a designer. Everyone has their own style and their own visions. MrNobody has come out of the gate with a Doctor Who design, but this territory isn't entirely new as A3n was a major proponent of Doctor Who during his tenure, as were a few others I'm sure.

Enjoy the niches we have already developed, and do continue to craft ideas for new ones, but do so with the understanding that not everything is a guarantee. In the past couple of months, I finished up two design threads that had been either started or heavily workshopped 5 years ago or more. I never thought they'd find themselves completed, but alas they have been. It's okay to workshop something and shelve if for a long while. Maybe the duster will come out when you least expect it in the future.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 5th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I will chime in to reiterate the sentiments of others. A great way to sell the Heroes and the general community on a new IP is to build a strong case for it with sound reasoning. Part of this case includes experience as a designer and as a member of the project. Getting started designing for C3G can be a tall task, but once you get into the hang of it, things run much smoother and you may be surprised as how quickly you garner respect as a designer. Everyone has their own style and their own visions. MrNobody has come out of the gate with a Doctor Who design, but this territory isn't entirely new as A3n was a major proponent of Doctor Who during his tenure, as were a few others I'm sure.

Enjoy the niches we have already developed, and do continue to craft ideas for new ones, but do so with the understanding that not everything is a guarantee. In the past couple of months, I finished up two design threads that had been either started or heavily workshopped 5 years ago or more. I never thought they'd find themselves completed, but alas they have been. It's okay to workshop something and shelve if for a long while. Maybe the duster will come out when you least expect it in the future.
"Alas they have been"?
Aren't you pleased they've been finished? Or am I missing something

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old November 5th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I do not remember discussing anime but I thought we had decided to be open minded about manga designs and would consider them on a case by case basis with having a miniature being one of the main obstacles to overcome before approval.
Would love to LD Guts from Berserk if we get a manga wave going.

Dysole, you should really post some of your designs sometime. It would be very cool if you ran an LD for the 10th Anniversary and maybe that would lead to more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy