Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 12th, 2010, 05:19 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: How have you helped spread and support Heroscape?

1. No idea exactly. 20+ I think.
2. At least one that I know of.
3. Closing in on 10?
4. 3, including the first ever Florida National Heroscape Day (now known as Florida Frenzies). I'm very proud of the continuing FUN tournaments that are run there all the time (I've moved away).
5. Definitive List of d20 Powers. A few TNT threads. Some other things I'm probably forgetting, but most importantly, and impactingly, I'm an active Hero with the C3G Project.
6. All of it. At least 2x of each common.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 12th, 2010, 05:27 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

5 people-3 often

3 people-though one gave my his becuase he didn't want to invest-he still plays

0-hope to go to one soon

So far only my maps.

1-2RoTV 1 SotM 1 BftU
1-2 FotA 1 RttFF 1 VW 1 TT
All but AA for Large Hero Expansions
Approx. Half of the small expansion with some multiples.
Old July 12th, 2010, 06:07 PM

Oprime is surprisingly tart

1. prob close to 15 or so at different times, (4 regularly).

2. None that I'm aware of

3. 10 or so tourneys and gamedays.

4. Three. Co-Hosted with PILGRIM The first 3 beantown beatdowns, first one was small at my workplace. The next two we held at his quite larger "workplace" we got upwards of 50 people if I recall. Then I got sucked into WoW void.
Luckly he picked up the mantel and ran a few more with help from a few other notables on site.(nods* Adam, Khan)

5. Does a gold spray painted Mimring trophy count.....

6. All of it so far. A little thin on wave 9, one of each common (see above mentioned WoW coma)
Old July 12th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I have run about half a dozen online contests and given out prizes. I have also donated prizes, including GenCon exclusives (like Agent Skahen), to tournaments. I have brought maps to tournaments and participated in many of them. I try to give feedback to customs, and I have been an active member in the C3G community. I have also introduced the game to new players.

Old July 12th, 2010, 10:53 PM

Blodshogams Woo who?

1. How many other people have you played with?
Ten, though I've showed the game off to quite a few more. Sadly, there's nobody that I play with on a regular basis anymore.

2. How many Heroscape collections were started because you personally introduced new players to the game?
None to my knowledge, though it's been years since I've seen or heard from my old high school Latin classmates....

3. How many events have you attended?
Sadly, none. Maybe now that I'm here in college, I'll be more able to. I really hope so.

4. How many events have you hosted?
None,

5. How many things have you created that have contributed to the community?
Do my long-dead map and custom unit threads count? I really want to bring back at least my map thread eventually.

6. How much product do you have?
As much as I can afford to get my hands on. Luckily my grandma is a super awesome supportive person who sees how much I care about the game, so whenever it's possible, she'll get me some 'Scape.
Total collection includes: 2 RotV, 1 MARVEL, 1 SotM, 1 BftU, 1 VW, 1 FotA, 2 TJ, 1 Orm's Return, 1 Raknar's Vision, and... a lot boosters (it's really hard to say off the top of my head). Most for full price at Wal*Mart, but still a fair amount was gotten on clearance.

I know it's not a lot compared to what many others do around here, but I try to do the best I can. Hopefully it's enough to help the game along.
Old July 12th, 2010, 11:37 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker

1. How many other people have you played with?
lost count and I keep introducing people all the time.

I always have a map built ready to play on

2. How many Heroscape collections were started because you personally introduced new players to the game?
4 that I personally know

3. How many events have you attended?
Hmmmmm I wanna say 2

4. How many events have you hosted?
Me and X FM hooked it up at Kingdom con

5. How many things have you created that have contributed to the community?
Maps, Customs, traded exclusives with other Scapers, I also rearrange store display at stores to make Hero Scape have more of a presence on the shelves.......

6. How much product do you have?
Multiples of everything.....too much if you ask me
Old July 13th, 2010, 12:00 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

I have played with about 6 or 7 folk.
I have introduced and am recruiting one of my neighbors and their kids.
I started the Up & Coming Sidekicks thread in the MS forum for inexperienced customizers to get advice from more experienced customizers.
I have over 100 custom hero cards, two of which have been in NM24 and a few in UCS as well.
I'm on the Executive Review Board of C3G, non-C3Ger who get to preview and comment on C3G figures before they are released.
I have a number of custom modded Classic Scape figures and cards, one of which is a modded Zettian that has been through CGCH24 in the Custom Units forum.
I started the Project Pokemon thread and am a founding member of the Trekscape thread.
And I successful petitioned GB to create a subforum for community-based projects like Project Pokemon and Trekscape to have a home of their own so as not to clutter the main custom unit forum.
I have everything up to date, with many multiples and 100's of customs, except Aquilla's Alliance, which I will probably never be able to get now.
All in all, I am happy to be a member of this community, have really enjoyed meeting and working with some truly incredible guys from around the world, and am proud to call Heroscapers.com a sort of home away from home.

Last edited by wulfhunter667; July 13th, 2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Forgot to add what I own.
Old July 13th, 2010, 12:31 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper View Post
...PLEASE repsond with your answers to the above questions, so other members can decide if you really help out the HS community, or if you should earn Negative Reputation Points...
Hold up...what? So I should list my Heroscape achievements to make sure everyone knows if it's okay to give me rep? I don't get it...

Old July 13th, 2010, 02:21 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

1. 12-18 have introduced a good eight people who play very frequently, two people did not care for it, and then theres a handful of people whom have only been able to play a few times.

2. None, only mine has expanded, but it is massive and others have pitched in readily.

3. None, unfortunately.

4. Official ones none, but nearly half the days of the week I host games win my own circle.

5. Just a few customs a map, and an instructional video. Making more soon.

6. All nearly. 2-4 times of them all.
Old July 13th, 2010, 04:01 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper View Post
...PLEASE repsond with your answers to the above questions, so other members can decide if you really help out the HS community, or if you should earn Negative Reputation Points...
Hold up...what? So I should list my Heroscape achievements to make sure everyone knows if it's okay to give me rep? I don't get it...
Not to really to give you postitive rep. points--they can if they want, but instead to see how most of us, if not all of us really try to share the game we love with other people. Such as supporting the product line with multiple purchases and word of mouth. This thread's purpose is for the community to remember why we should NOT be too quick to be negative with one another (quickly giving negative reputation points) due to differences in opinions--that were hopefuly expressed through a civil discussion and disagreement.

Here is the updated fix to the first post--and the original INTENT (which according to another three INTENT is very, very important):

"PLEASE respond with your answers to the above questions, so other members can decide if you really help out the HS community, or if you should REALLY earn Negative Reputation Points--before your given such a reputation out of what could be a knee jerk reaction."

*I really need to fix that "repsond" mispell...

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring

Last edited by 1moreheroscaper; July 13th, 2010 at 04:34 AM.
Old July 13th, 2010, 04:12 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

I just got a repsonse from someone in the form of neg rep. saying, "Why would you try to threaten people with neg. rep?" This Thread is meant to be the exact OPPOSITE by trying to limit unneccessary neg. rep...you know quick spare of the moment knee-jerk reactions...and for this misunderstanding I receive negative rep. points--which is too funny. As they say, No good deed goes unpunished.

Anyway, another clarification about the origin and INTENT of this thread...
Case in point: In another thread another member was posting his opinion which was not wrong in fact, but another member simply gave this member neg. reputation points because they did not like the members opinion about the fact. I felt that the member should not have quickly received neg. rep. because someone disaggreed with them in a civil discussion--and I wasn't even in aggreement with the person that received the neg. rep. points, but I do respect his presenting his ideas in a civil discussion.

People will do with rep what they want...all I would hope is that each of us pause for a few seconds before hitting the final "send" on it. It's like writing a nasty letter, you should sit on it for a bit before it goes in the mail.

And to make thsi CLEAR, I do not give people negative rep. I think members that are bad for the site should be brought to an admins attention, which I have not done either in 5.5 years of the 3 different sites--because the admins are usually really up to date on such things from their own observations.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring

Last edited by 1moreheroscaper; July 13th, 2010 at 06:24 PM. Reason: quick edit

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion