Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 7th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Workshop

Wow this guy went from being super tough to pretty sweet imo. Great job team.
Old February 7th, 2019, 07:47 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Here's what I'm thinking:

NAME = TASKMASTER
SECRET IDENTITY = ANTHONY MASTERS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = CALCULATING
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 8
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

SHIELD THROW SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 5. Attack 4.
When Taskmaster attacks with this special attack, he may attack 2 additional times. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.

MASTER SWORDPLAY
If Taskmaster attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again. He may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull. Before any of these attacks, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, you may add one automatic skull to that attack.

GRAPPLE ARROW

Once per turn, instead of moving or instead of attacking, you may use Taskmaster’s Grapple Arrow. Choose an unoccupied space within 3 spaces of Taskmaster and no more than 25 levels below his base or above his height. Place Taskmaster on the chosen space. When Taskmaster uses Grapple Arrow, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

PHOTOREFLEXIVE DEFENSE
When Taskmaster rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage. When defending against an attack from an adjacent figure, Taskmaster may use that figure's defense number as if it were his own. Taskmaster may not use any defense number greater than 7.

Basically the same as the last suggestion, just dropping his attack by one, giving him a nice long range and upgrading Swordplay to Master Swordplay. Makes sense that if he has a bow he should have a solid ranged normal as an option, right? That way he has three attack options - snipe from afar with a ranged normal (long range), throw his shield to hit multiple targets (mid-range), close in with his blade to use Swordplay (melee).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Honestly, I'd go with Shield Throw, Deadly Aim, Swordplay or Master Swordplay, and your defensive power (Photographic Reflexs?) Not sure I got that name right, but the power is good, IMO. (For whatever that is worth nowadays.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Another option for the Bow related power could be one of those speed shot types where he can make a free attack on another figures turn if he's not engaged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Another option for the Bow related power could be one of those speed shot types where he can make a free attack on another figures turn if he's not engaged.
That would work too, though I like the feel of an evil Punisher. That would certainly give him more Utility which would be good since I'm not sure he has any built in synergy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I like the "cheap shot" feel of that. Good idea, Yodaking.
Here is most of the pertinent convo that was left off. Honestly, I think I got my wires crossed. I was not aware that TWO of you were brainstorming separate Taskmasters. I think I'd like to see the both of you ( @ALEXAN2507 and @MrNobody ) come to a consensus and agree on one direction while also taking into account the thoughts I quoted here. Until then, I don't think I will nominate either because I'm not sure one is better than the other.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old February 7th, 2019, 08:11 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

If I remember, what happened was that Alexan posted an initial draft, which led to a bunch of us talking, and I think we ended up at a very different place than where Alex did. I don’t really think I have any claim to that last version, but I guess I’ll just refer to it as my version for simplicity. I’ll see if I can write up what I remember as the final direction of my version later tonight. Then maybe Alex can do the same and we can find a common ground.

Like I said, I don’t really feel like I have the claim of it really being my version. So if Alexan wants to run it as his design that’s fine by me. But if he doesn’t I’d really like to run it myself.
Old February 7th, 2019, 11:18 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Okay, this is "my" take on him, based on what we discussed as a group.
Quote:
NAME = TASKMASTER
SECRET IDENTITY = ANTHONY MASTERS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = CALCULATING
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

Range 5. Attack 4.
When Taskmaster attacks with this special attack, he may attack 2 additional times. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.

SWORDPLAY
If Taskmaster attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again. He may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull.

DEADLY ARROW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 9. Attack 2.
When attacking a non-adjacent figure with this Special Attack, each skull rolled counts as one additional hit.

PHOTOREFLEXIVE DEFENSE
When Taskmaster rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage. When defending against an attack from an adjacent figure, Taskmaster may use that figure's defense number as if it were his own. Taskmaster may not use any defense number greater than 7.
Old February 8th, 2019, 04:52 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Here's where mine left off

NAME = TASKMASTER
SECRET IDENTITY = TONY MASTERS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 9
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

Range 5. Attack 4.

MASTER SWORDPLAY
If Taskmaster attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again. He may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull. Before any of these attacks, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, you may add one automatic skull to that attack.

DEADLY AIM
When attacking a non-adjacent figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Taskmaster, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for a figure attacked by Taskmaster's Deadly Aim, you may subtract 2 from or add 2 to the roll.

PHOTOREFLEXIVE DODGE
When Taskmaster rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, roll two less defence dice, and one shield will block all damage.

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old February 8th, 2019, 01:10 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

If y'all are willing to meld your ideas into one, I'll gladly nominate that Frankenstein'ed version. Just need to know who will run it.

For the record, I like Swordplay over Master Swordplay, and both have the same shield throw. I'd like to see the Speed Shot to cover movement someone mentioned before, though I prefer Deadly Arrow to Deadly Aim. I do however prefer P Dodge to P Defense. I'm just not a fan of copying Defense numbers. So, ball is in y'all's court. What's the plan?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old February 8th, 2019, 01:22 PM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

1. I figure he'd have Master Swordplay because well, why would he copy someone who wasn't the best swordsman?
2. I'm happy to go with Deadly Arrow
3. I'd prefer to have Dodge over Defense too

Old February 8th, 2019, 01:29 PM
Just A Head

Okay, some thoughts;
-I like him at 5 life because he's a fair bit tougher than most humans, but maybe he's not quite on that level.

-Move 6 makes more sense to me. Having range 9 attack 4 is a bit of a theme break for me, cause Hawkeye is at 9/3. However, I like how it frees him up to copy Bullseye's power. I would be fine with this going either way.

-I like Swordplay because the people he's copying just have regular Swordplay. It seems weird he'd be better than them, but it's not a dealbreaker either way, and it'll help him keep up with Swordsman even though he has 1 lower attack.

-I actually like having Deadly Aim on here. I'm worried about the tension between the ranged attack and Swordplay, but I'm sure it can work somehow.

-I honestly like Photoreflexive Defense better. I'm not a huge fan of the defense reduction on the Dodge. Alexan's version is a lot simpler though, if that's something we're looking for.
Old February 8th, 2019, 01:34 PM
Just A Head

Alex if you want to run this design, feel free. However, if you don’t want to I do.
Old February 8th, 2019, 01:34 PM

Sooo 5 life, Move 6, 9 range attack 4 with Deadly Aim and Swordplay would be a reasonable compromise between the two uf us?

And then we're still in dispute of Dodge vs Defense

Old February 8th, 2019, 01:35 PM

Happy to run it, just wanna make sure we're roughly in the same position first

Old February 8th, 2019, 01:37 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
Sooo 5 life, Move 6, 9 range attack 4 with Deadly Aim and Swordplay would be a reasonable compromise between the two uf us?

And then we're still in dispute of Dodge vs Defense
I’d actually be far more okay with Dodge if he added dice in melee instead of subtracting them against range. It’s the same effect basically but it would read much cleaner to me. I dunno, Ronin probably has final say on that.

Other than that I think it sounds good! Not super happy he’s a better shot than Hawkeye, but it’s a very minor thing that helps the design work better with Swordplay.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy