Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 13th, 2015, 02:24 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
My Thoughts

Really, when you think about pretty much all special attacks and reach can't really be "disarmed" so I'm fine with just affecting the range value. Updated to have unrevealed in the text.

~Dysole, who didn't check for wording precedent
Old July 16th, 2015, 02:41 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction Reevalution Thread

RUN! (v2)
When The Doctor or a friendly Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces of The Doctor is attacked, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, affected figures take no damage for the attack, and you must move The Doctor and the affected figure up to 3 spaces each. Running figures are never attached for leaving an engagement. All affected figures cannot end the run engaged and other affected figures must end the run adjacent to The Doctor.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 16th, 2015, 02:42 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't particularly like the design of Harry, which is why I bowwed out initially. I'd rather pick the most iconic items and make special powers for them and put them on Harry's card.

Old July 16th, 2015, 02:53 AM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
You're A Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
I don't particularly like the design of Harry, which is why I bowwed out initially. I'd rather pick the most iconic items and make special powers for them and put them on Harry's card.
Why was Magical Items chosen with the wording it has now? I mean Harry had a gang but I don't recall him being like "Ron have my Invisibility Cloak. Hermione, here's my Firebolt. Neville you get nothing because you're Neville. I'll keep the other good stuff. "

Really if we go that route, the broomstick and Invisibility Cloak are probably the most iconic.

~Dysole, who likes Neville but man did it feel like he got the shaft sometimes
Old July 16th, 2015, 03:02 AM

I'm the Doctor. Basically Run.

Quote:
RUN! (v2)
When The Doctor or a friendly small or medium Unique Hero within 52 clear sight spaces of The Doctor is attacked and at least one skull is rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, affectedtargeted figures take no damage for the attack, and you mustmay move The Doctor and the affectedtargeted figure up to 3 spaces each. Figures moved by Run never take leaving engagement attacks.Running figures are never attached for leaving an engagement. A figure may use Run only if they end their Run movement not adjacent to any enemy figures and a figure other than The Doctor may use Run only if they end their Run movement adjacent to The Doctor.All affected figures cannot end the run engaged and other affected figures must end the run adjacent to The Doctor.

Updated with clearer wording and wording similar to Isamu and some depowering (This is basically Vanish by the way so I think we wouldn't be hurt by a few ticks up or making it only normal attacks)

~Dysole, with suggestions
Old July 20th, 2015, 01:42 AM

What if only Wizards could use items from Harry Potter?

Old July 20th, 2015, 01:45 AM

Brilliant

Quote:
Give Confred a cookie. I love it.

~Dysole, sadly still a muggle
Old July 20th, 2015, 10:46 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Brilliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Give Confred a cookie. I love it.

~Dysole, sadly still a muggle
I work at Pepperidge farm, how bout a milano. That definitely narrows it down to a handful of figures, and still keeps theme. I also love it. That would make you want to draft a handful of wizards to fight together. Ingenious actually. I believe that would fix all of the Magical Item issues. He sounds like he should almost be fixed.
My muggle magic wand is shaped like an AK-47, and I'm ok with that.
EDIT: I told my brother about this.(he's a huge potter fan) He said why not sorcerers too, I told him that kurrok the Elementalist does not need to wear a cloak of invisibility. It would not be becoming of him.(and he would hide the whole game and spawn elementals.) So wizards, and wizards only would still be really cool.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; July 20th, 2015 at 10:17 PM.
Old July 24th, 2015, 02:45 PM

The Doctor
RUN! (v3)

When The Doctor or a friendly figure within 4 clear sight spaces of The Doctor rolls defense dice, for each shield rolled, the defending figure may immediately move 1 space. The figure may not end its move engaged and only takes damage for leaving engagement attacks and falling damage. If the figure is not The Doctor, after moving the figure, place The Doctor adjacent to the figure, if possible. The Doctor is never attacked when leaving an engagement if he ends his move adjacent to a friendly figure.
RUN! (v2)
When The Doctor or any friendly Unique Hero within 4 clear sight spaces of The Doctor is attacked, The Doctor and all friendly figures within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor may attempt to run. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or lower, roll defense dice normally and no figures run. If you roll a 9 or higher, all affected figures may immediately run by moving 3 spaces each. Running figures take no damage from the attack, are never attacked when leaving engagements, and must end the move unengaged. Figures that are not The Doctor must end their move adjacent to The Doctor.

Should his Personality really be Brilliant if his Brilliance is already represented in his Brilliant Special Attack?

I think his base Attack value should be 0. He dedicates his life to nonviolence.

So the issue, The Doctor's Run power is too powerful.
First, I think it should be called Run!
but let's see what the power does:
* The Doctor triggers this power before rolling defense
* Friendly figure's within 3 clear sight spaces triggers this power before rolling defense
* Roll of 9 to succeed
* ALL figures, not just the defending figure, the defending figure and The Doctor are affected
* Move 3 spaces, cannot end engaged, no other restrictions.
* Disengage

To weaken the power we could do any of the following
* limit the affected figures to only the defending figure and The Doctor
* figures that aren't The Doctor must end adjacent to The Doctor
* Remove disengage.
* Completely change the power, but keep the idea.

Last edited by Confred; July 24th, 2015 at 05:20 PM.
Old July 24th, 2015, 03:18 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Confred , I like V2 better. On v3 when I picture a figure running, one space is like running in place to me. I like them having to end their move adjacent to the doctor.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 24th, 2015, 05:31 PM

FYI

Quote:
The Doctor
RUN! (v3)

When The Doctor or a friendly figure within 4 clear sight spaces of The Doctor rolls defense dice, for each shield rolled, the defending figure may immediately move 1 space. The figure may not end its move engaged and only takes damage for leaving engagement attacks and falling damage. If the figure is not The Doctor, after moving the figure, place The Doctor adjacent to the figure, if possible. The Doctor is never attacked when leaving an engagement if he ends his move adjacent to a friendly figure.
RUN! (v2)
When The Doctor or any friendly Unique Hero within 4 clear sight spaces of The Doctor is attacked, The Doctor and all friendly figures within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor may attempt to run. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or lower, roll defense dice normally and no figures run. If you roll a 9 or higher, all affected figures may immediately run by moving 3 spaces each. Running figures take no damage from the attack, are never attacked when leaving engagements, and must end the move unengaged. Figures that are not The Doctor must end their move adjacent to The Doctor.

Should his Personality really be Brilliant if his Brilliance is already represented in his Brilliant Special Attack?

I think his base Attack value should be 0. He dedicates his life to nonviolence.

So the issue, The Doctor's Run power is too powerful.
First, I think it should be called Run!
but let's see what the power does:
* The Doctor triggers this power before rolling defense
* Friendly figure's within 3 clear sight spaces triggers this power before rolling defense
* Roll of 9 to succeed
* ALL figures, not just the defending figure, the defending figure and The Doctor are affected
* Move 3 spaces, cannot end engaged, no other restrictions.
* Disengage

To weaken the power we could do any of the following
* limit the affected figures to only the defending figure and The Doctor
* figures that aren't The Doctor must end adjacent to The Doctor
* Remove disengage.
* Completely change the power, but keep the idea.
If I had been around when The Doctor was being designed I'd have pushed for a personality of Clever. I think we should keep disengage, they have to move at least one space, and they have to stay together feels the best way to do this. I'd also change it to only trigger on normal attacks.

~Dysole, inputtingly
Old July 24th, 2015, 07:00 PM

As far as personality goes, is there a word for a conflict fighter? - Pacifist?
Having to end adjacent to The Doctor and trigger only on normal attacks may be just the sauce we need.

Normal Attack value of 0?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum