Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 31st, 2010, 03:52 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Mezzodemon Warmongers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Mezzodemons do NOT like Zelrig.
I dunno, Zelrig shouldn't be much of a problem. Even 6 squads of Mezzos only takes up 12 hexes, with plenty of space to spread out. I guess it depends on the start zones and such. And they can only move two at a time.
Old December 31st, 2010, 05:33 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Quote:
I dunno, Zelrig shouldn't be much of a problem. Even 6 squads of Mezzos only takes up 12 hexes, with plenty of space to spread out. I guess it depends on the start zones and such. And they can only move two at a time.
Well on most BoV-style maps, the Mezzos will have plenty of room to spread out, but when they only get 2 activations per OM, against a flying figure who has 1 more move and outranges you by 3... you'll be lucky to get even ground most of the time. The explosion type damage radius is just the icing on the cake.
Old January 1st, 2011, 09:11 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Quote:
Well on most BoV-style maps, the Mezzos will have plenty of room to spread out, but when they only get 2 activations per OM, against a flying figure who has 1 more move and outranges you by 3... you'll be lucky to get even ground most of the time. The explosion type damage radius is just the icing on the cake.
I think the key to using the Mezzos effectively is to pair them with a unit to cover their weakness to specials. They need a fast moving heavy hitter on their team. My current favorite is Eltahale.
Old January 1st, 2011, 10:19 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Hmm... I hadn't thought of using Eltahale, I've usually been using Kaemon or a Hydra with 6x Mezzos for a 510 pt total...
Old January 2nd, 2011, 01:57 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Mezzo's actually work well against Stingers. Against Q9, 4th Mass/10th Reg, bonded squads, Braxas or strong special attackers (Nilfheim), they are at a disadvantage. As a result, their strongest army is likely with Q9/Raelin. I realize that isn't a big shock that they would do well with 2 of the best figures in the game.
Old January 5th, 2011, 09:24 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

Used Mezzos x4 in a game the other day and their exoskeleton markers enabled me to use them much like Rats. Opponent was engaged and since I was pretty hot with the defense die he wasn't able to push his way past them. My Mezzos kept kept the opponent at bay while my Master of the Hunt perched above was able to bring the heat down on his heroes.

Last edited by legoboy; January 5th, 2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old February 27th, 2011, 10:46 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

I just played 4x Mezzos with the Master of the Hunt and the Iron Golem against 4xArrow Gruts, Mimring, 4x Swog, and Raelin.

The Mezzos destroyed the Arrow Grut army. The Master of the Hunt got really lucky and was able to one shot Mimring. He rolled a four die attack, Mimsy took three wounds, and Mortal Strike killed him off.

Else, the Mezzodemons were able to kill off Swogs due to their common status. The Arrow's had a hard time penetrating the defense and exoskeletens most of the time. The Iron Golem never got involved. There were about 4 Mezzodemons left too, although no markers.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old March 1st, 2011, 07:54 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Thought this should be quoted here for posterity:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavebehr View Post
Ok I have read the card over and over, it is written badly, it can be interpreted several ways, especially if you utilize the various rule sets of the common squad, I know it is getting a little old, but again the card is written badly and can be interpreted either way.

First it says put one marker on A card for each mezzo in your army, then it says you May take one off of IT's army card when it is attacked to ignore wounds.

So, again I ask is it one for each mezzo, all on one card, or does each card need to be done seperatley so you know that each one only gets one extra life. Or can you choose to stack them up because it says May not have to, so you could save them up and use them on another one?
You draft 3 Squads of MD
You use 1 Card for ALL THREE SQUADS
You place one Marker for Each MD on the ONE CARD (2 Figs x 3 Squads = 6 Makers).

THE END.
So although the most recent rulebook says you can still use multiple cards for multiple common squads, I think the Mezzodeom card was designed better if you used one card for all or if you really want you can split markers on seporate cards, but you can't say have 3 cards worth of figures (6) and then have 6 markers on EACH card as it says "place 1 ... marker on a ... Card for each ... figure in your army.

Also, to add something constructive, it does say that you MAY remove markers and can choose to just die and save your marker for later, but most of the time it would be better to use markers ASAP with these exceptions (add more if you can think of any situations):
  • A squad or or figure with double attack or similar power would be able to attack again if you didn't die but would have to stop after one attack if you died - it is usually better to use no marker and die than use 2+ markers and live.
  • If you do not have an order marker on the Mezzos for the next turn but your opponent does or might, or you are planning on taking a turn with different Mezzodemons and leaving one hanging, then you may want to die for similar reasons as above.
  • You are blocking one of your own figures from moving to/through where the Mezzo is and you would rather he die just to get out of the way.
  • The Mezzodemon is on lava field and won't take a turn before the end of the round, so you have a 50% chance of wasting a marker anyway.

Last edited by lefton4ya; March 1st, 2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old March 1st, 2011, 08:49 PM

Heh, I seem to post more about these guys having weaknesses, as compared to strengths... They are great though, the 4 range helps more than you would think it does.

Ayway, back on topic, they don't like Tor-Kul-Na either, and especially Red Wyrmlings. Trample stomp + 5D/6L unique is just plain overkill. As for the RWs, my favourite Wyrmlings/Rats/Raelin just KILLED my brothers Mezzos earlier today... despite the fact that they get the extra against them, they aren't all that good against rat-screens, most of the time the rats should be able to keep the Mezzos within range of whatever's behind the screen, and keep the mezzos out, even without engaging them.
Old March 31st, 2011, 12:46 PM

Lucky is surprisingly tart
Wink Re: The Book of Mezzodemon Warmongers

This post has really opened my eyes on the Mezzodemons. I only used them once as a lone squad in my army but I only put one exo marker on them. Thats why I love this forum. I'm about to have to start supporting the site. Money comes and goes but knowledge is priceless. I'm going to have to give these guys another shot but I will wait until my additions get in.
</IMG>

He is not just a devastating opponent, he is the bait; hence the name Master of the Hunt.
Old March 31st, 2011, 12:53 PM
Ninja Dust

I have had the MW since December 25,2010 and I have never used them. So I don't know if they are good in combat or not.
Old March 31st, 2011, 02:36 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dust View Post
I have had the MW since December 25,2010 and I have never used them. So I don't know if they are good in combat or not.
They are. Fun, fast, and surprising, because no one expects that much out of a two member squad. But, with about four squads, they take a lot of damage before winking out of existence.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units