Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old May 7th, 2008, 04:14 PM

Ender is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Mac virtual scape?

Just to add another voice in this thread as a fellow Mac user I also would really appreciate a Mac compatible Battlefield Design program.

Drawing them out each time gets old real quick. Not to mention the lack of 3D rendering.

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.
Sun Tzu
Old May 7th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Just to add another voice in this thread as a fellow Mac user I also would really appreciate a Mac compatible Battlefield Design program.
Thirded. Some +rep on the way just for saying you'll attempt it Darman.
Old May 7th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

I'll fourth it.
Old May 7th, 2008, 07:21 PM

Darman has disabled reputation

Lol. Thanks. I'm going from Actionscript 2 to 3 also. Small differences here and there throwing all kinds of fun little wrenches into the mix. The speed advantage, along with other things (like the new display grouping) that almost seem to be made for a program like this, will definitely be worth the extra effort up front (and I can finally say I'm proficient with AS3 - haha).

Also, the final could be deployed as an Adobe AIR app, which also has some advantages.

Initial startup time will prolly be a while, but like I said, once all the underpinning stuff is working and we actually have something we can see and mess with, everything else should go pretty quickly.

My #1 goal is to have a final project that can be updated with sets by *anyone* in the future.

And all you Mac heads out there. If there's anything else you'd like to see, go ahead and throw it out there. I tend to dream code (seriously) and knowing about it now will let me keep those additions in mind when I'm working on the framework.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 09:09 PM

phantum is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Seeing as though this thread is the reason I got an account and the offer was left open I figured I may as well offer my $.02 ...
  • 3D rendering (of course)
  • Tile Manager (really useful)
  • Copy/Paste of entire levels (time saver)
  • <apple>+Z (possibly with a user specified history)
  • Printable specific tile count (helpful in setting up)
  • Printable LxWxD (for those times you may be short on physical space)
  • Map Manager (Sorted by the number of MS + Expansion)

See if you guys can build on this.

Thanks for doing what you're doing Darman!
Old June 4th, 2008, 07:05 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darman View Post
Lol. Thanks. I'm going from Actionscript 2 to 3 also. Small differences here and there throwing all kinds of fun little wrenches into the mix. The speed advantage, along with other things (like the new display grouping) that almost seem to be made for a program like this, will definitely be worth the extra effort up front (and I can finally say I'm proficient with AS3 - haha).

Also, the final could be deployed as an Adobe AIR app, which also has some advantages.

Initial startup time will prolly be a while, but like I said, once all the underpinning stuff is working and we actually have something we can see and mess with, everything else should go pretty quickly.

My #1 goal is to have a final project that can be updated with sets by *anyone* in the future.

And all you Mac heads out there. If there's anything else you'd like to see, go ahead and throw it out there. I tend to dream code (seriously) and knowing about it now will let me keep those additions in mind when I'm working on the framework.

I'll kiss you if you make a Mac version of Virtual Scape!

(well, maybe not a real kiss, but in internets kiss anyway!)
Old June 5th, 2008, 08:17 AM

cavie Woo who?

I would love to see VirtualScape for Mac. I have all my maps on Logrey's old LandScape and have wanted to convert for a long time now.

On a side note, now that I have an Intel based Mac, may VirtualScape work on it? Maybe I should give it a try. I don't want to load Windows up however.
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
I would love to see VirtualScape for Mac. I have all my maps on Logrey's old LandScape and have wanted to convert for a long time now.

On a side note, now that I have an Intel based Mac, may VirtualScape work on it? Maybe I should give it a try. I don't want to load Windows up however.
It is still going to require a windows environment of some sort; Parallels, BootCamp, VMware, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raud

I always knew you Mac users were weird.
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:37 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:

It is still going to require a windows environment of some sort; Parallels, BootCamp, VMware, etc.

Quote:

I must have not been wearing my foil hat when I typed that, sorry!
Old June 5th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:

Quote:

I must have not been wearing my foil hat when I typed that, sorry!
Old June 16th, 2008, 07:40 PM

Darman has disabled reputation

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I'm still planning on having a go at it. Work's been kicking my axe lately (I'm now the *only* flash developer for a full-blown agency) - enough so, that I'm actually looking for another job.

I *do* plan on working on an updatable Landscape. I just have to find the time... and the energy.

Thanks for your suggestions, phantum.
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:14 AM

phantum is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thanks for the update and good luck with the job! I feel your pain - there was a time and job that I was the only Unix admin for a network implementation startup. How fun.

Again, good luck and thanks.

Last edited by phantum; June 17th, 2008 at 09:15 AM. Reason: poor punctuation

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software