Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old March 7th, 2012, 06:38 AM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: VirtualScape 1.070 available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
Hey, I'm trying to create PDFs of VirtualScape maps, but everytime I have, the picture on the first page shows up with a pop-up right in the middle, like this:

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

And, by the way, I love VirtualScape, don't know if I've said that yet.

Anyone know what the problem is? I tried again with another map and got the same results.
Mine has always done that, and there's no way around it that I know of. OTOH, I've heard people say that it possibly depends on which PDF-printer-driver you use, or some other criteria. Try searching this thread for "PDF" (if that's not too short), or maybe "print" or "printer". You should find some discussion of your issue.

Luck.
I had the same problem with I can't remember which virtual PDF printer.
But since I use doPDF (free, small, easy, no advertising, ...) everything is perfect.
Old March 7th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I use cutePDF.
Old March 7th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Hmm... it could be the printer. I've tried a half-dozen times plus with what lefton4ya posted, but it still keeps coming up.

The printer I use is Bullzip PDF Printer, or something like that.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old March 8th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Yeah, try a different one, and see if that makes a difference.

And then report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old March 8th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Yeah, try a different one, and see if that makes a difference.

And then report back.
I did (I used doPDF like dalu suggested), and after a couple unsuccessful tries, I finally got it to work!

Thanks everyone, with your help you should be seeing my map thread come up soon.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old April 2nd, 2012, 08:06 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

There are figures available for Virtualscape, and with some effort you could play on the field with a dice-rolling program, using either the available figures or proxies. Something that would make this even cooler and easier would be a way to move the figures in the 3D view. Is this possible?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old April 4th, 2012, 03:02 AM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

I would suggest watching this thread.
Old August 5th, 2012, 05:56 PM

buckeyefan837 is surprisingly tart

I have two problems.

1.) It won't let me take a HQ picture. I have shadows on and it lets me click on take HQ photo, but then it just freezes or doesn't take the picture.

2.) When I make a .pdf of my map I leave the 3D diagram up, but it doesn't show a picture on the title page of the preview print section of the print screen. Even when I turn it into a pdf it doesn't show the picture on the front page.

Oh wait. I just realize I have 1.067 version of VS. I will download 1.070 and get back to this thread.
Old August 7th, 2012, 02:29 PM

I downloaded 1.070 version of VS. I still have the same problems. When I do a HQ photo, the screen doesn't freeze, but it doesn't make a HQ photo. I still have the other problem.
Old August 18th, 2012, 06:47 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Redownload the whole program. Also, I use doPDF. On my one computer (an older type), it keeps the 'printing' box on the screen. But on my laptop (newer), it comes out a clear picture.

First go into the Virtualscape window. You then have to save then exit out of the Build Instructions window. Then do you pdf. It should work then.

EDIT: Hope this helps at least some.
Old August 19th, 2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Redownload the whole program. Also, I use doPDF. On my one computer (an older type), it keeps the 'printing' box on the screen. But on my laptop (newer), it comes out a clear picture.

First go into the Virtualscape window. You then have to save then exit out of the Build Instructions window. Then do you pdf. It should work then.

EDIT: Hope this helps at least some.
Thanks for the advice. It didn't clear any of my problems. I have tried CutePDF, doPDF, and PDF995 to no avail. I honestly have no idea what the problem is.
Old August 20th, 2012, 12:20 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

How do you open VirtualScape? Seems a fairly basic question, but is there a specific program I need to download? Its an Unknown File on my laptop.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software