Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old January 20th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I've been playing Pokemon Black 2 a ton. It's a really good pokemon game; Gamefreak finally has added three dimensional characters to their world.
I have just started this game, I am very impressed with the increased quality. Even compared to plain Black and White, Black 2 and White 2 are so much better. I actually feel like there's more of a story in place now, and the graphical work is great.
I thought the story to the original was better, though Memory Link makes up for it somewhat. I liked how N was used in the originals; it was refreshing to see a good "bad guy". The ending of the main story was better in BW too--it didn't end until you beat the Elite Four ... then SURPRISE! BW2 climaxed at the defeat of Plasma, which was unfortunate since the game still continued.

Either way, the gameplay is WAY superior to Black and White. (Black Tower, Pokemon World Tournament, and Pokestar Studios all have been fun. Black Tower is one tough cookie to complete! )
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:49 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

I bought Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 yesterday after hunting for it at a cheap price for ages, and it is easily one of my favourite games now. Having such a wide range of characters makes it all the more fun as well. The controls are different to games like Soulcalibur but I am starting to get used to them X-23 is by far my most favourite character in the game, and I use her in every fight, along with usually having Rocket Raccoon and Sentinel in as well. I found Galactus to be a pain to fight, before realizing most of his attacks can be blocked he still beats me now and then though and I have to keep playing on the arcade mode on easy so I can beat him
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
I've been playing Pokemon Black 2 a ton. It's a really good pokemon game; Gamefreak finally has added three dimensional characters to their world.
I have just started this game, I am very impressed with the increased quality. Even compared to plain Black and White, Black 2 and White 2 are so much better. I actually feel like there's more of a story in place now, and the graphical work is great.
I thought the story to the original was better, though Memory Link makes up for it somewhat. I liked how N was used in the originals; it was refreshing to see a good "bad guy". The ending of the main story was better in BW too--it didn't end until you beat the Elite Four ... then SURPRISE! BW2 climaxed at the defeat of Plasma, which was unfortunate since the game still continued.

Either way, the gameplay is WAY superior to Black and White. (Black Tower, Pokemon World Tournament, and Pokestar Studios all have been fun. Black Tower is one tough cookie to complete! )
(Though I got White. Lucario is a BEAST on these versions!)

Last edited by MegaSilver; January 20th, 2013 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Team Plasma 2 battle music is EPIC.
Old January 20th, 2013, 04:34 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Just beat the champion in White 2! The story in the originals was far better, but I did enjoy these games more (More Pokes always helps! )

I love my Lucario, but the old Team Plasma music was TONS better.
Old January 20th, 2013, 10:22 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Just beat the champion in White 2! The story in the originals was far better, but I did enjoy these games more (More Pokes always helps! )

I love my Lucario, but the old Team Plasma music was TONS better.
I've just barely gotten my first badge in Black 2, and so far I'm liking the story.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 12:21 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

I just beat a game called Waking Mars. It was pretty fun. You can get it on Steam or on iOS devices.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:52 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Being a loyal Nintendo family since 1986 (and huge Mario fanboy) I haven't had a chance to play a lot of the great titles over the last 10-15 years.

Now that Nintendo has somewhat got their act together (though it may be a bit too late and I also can't believe the damn thing isn't also a DVD player) with the WiiU I've been playing a ton of Assassins Creed III (which is simply amazing) and also just got started with Call of Duty Black Ops II.

I've played tons of 1st person shooters over the years. Heck, I think I played the first one ever created for mass market in Wolfenstein. Then there was Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake, and a slew of others in the mid-late 90s (all on the computer).

Then I went on a big hiatus due to a number of things, the biggest being that Nintendo didn't support most of those types of titles for home consoles... until now.

Anyway, an already too long of a story short, I'm finding that even on 'normal' level I am really really bad at Black Ops. I feel like all I do is die. Granted, a lot has changed since my 5-10hrs a day video game binges of long ago, and I'm only about 2 hours into Black Ops at this point. But what the hell?

Sure I wan't a master by any means when I was playing a lot of this stuff, but I could hold my own for the most part.

Is it practice, or do I just suck?

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; January 22nd, 2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:03 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I finished Forza Horizon the other day. This game is great. The music is great for a good start. Most games that feature actual music tracks don't do a great job selecting them, but this game chose some more well-known. Forza Horizon is loads better than the other Forza games. The mechanics are much smoother and everything looks great. The game has a free roam mechanic, and the Colorado landscape is gorgeous. There's a ton of cars too, and a lot of freedom in that sense. You can buy a car, upgrade it or downgrade it to a new class as often as you choose, play races in whichever order you like, and so on. I find the latter to be really nice and enjoyable. Throughout the game, you progress through different wristbands which allow you to participate in different races. The great thing is that if there are 15 Green races, but it only takes me 10 of those to level up to the Yellow wristband, I can still go back and race in those other 5 Green races to help me towards the wristband after Yellow. This allows you to pick and choose what kinds of races you want to play and how difficult they are.

I highly recommend this game if you're even the slightest bit into racing. You won't regret it.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 23rd, 2013, 08:39 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

I've been playing the crap out of Dustforce. Easily the best game of 2012 and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes having fun.

I also downloaded the Metal Gear Rising demo. It's a blast, and much more challenging than most other modern games to boot.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:39 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
just got started with Call of Duty Black Ops II.

I've played tons of 1st person shooters over the years. Heck, I think I played the first one ever created for mass market in Wolfenstein. Then there was Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake, and a slew of others in the mid-late 90s (all on the computer).

Then I went on a big hiatus due to a number of things, the biggest being that Nintendo didn't support most of those types of titles for home consoles... until now.

Anyway, an already too long of a story short, I'm finding that even on 'normal' level I am really really bad at Black Ops. I feel like all I do is die. Granted, a lot has changed since my 5-10hrs a day video game binges of long ago, and I'm only about 2 hours into Black Ops at this point. But what the hell?

Sure I wan't a master by any means when I was playing a lot of this stuff, but I could hold my own for the most part.

Is it practice, or do I just suck?
You may have some rust to shake off having been away from games for so long... However, keep in mind that Treyarch (the makers of Black Ops) often like to use an infinite respawn system of endless enemies until you pass that invisible line to stop them until the next area triggers another infinite respawn. It ultimately turns the game into a complete bull-rush fest. All of Treyarch's games do this and its a bit annoying, for me at least. With that being said, I am not an Infinity Ward fanboy, as the Call of Duty series has grown quite stale for me having owned the last 8-9 titles. I just thought I might mention that sometimes charging or pressing forward like a mad man (a highly illogical and unrealistic military tactic) will likely yield better results.

-----------------

On a side note, I've been playing Resident Evil: Operartion Racoon City. My brother and I are having a lot of fun with this one. I love a lot of the environments and its level of immersion. It is also great to go down memory lane wandering around Racoon City. I only wish the control schemes could support southpaw. Being a lefty, I find I'm having much difficulty with the game. Good thing my brother is playing this one co-op with me...

I have also been playing Mirror's Edge. A highly frustrating game to play of constantly dying, attempting tricks repeatedly to reach the next area. I don't know how anyone ever enjoyed this game. The thing feels like one big chore.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:12 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
I have also been playing Mirror's Edge. A highly frustrating game to play of constantly dying, attempting tricks repeatedly to reach the next area. I don't know how anyone ever enjoyed this game. The thing feels like one big chore.
Try playing Super Meat Boy.
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:21 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Try playing Super Meat Boy.
Did that game ever come out for Xbox 360? I look and only find it for PC...

...I want to play it badly. The game looks super annoyingly hard and fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games