Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 25th, 2015, 06:41 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Polaris

The Book of Polaris

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 48
NOT JUST ANOTHER MUTANT BOOSTER

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Wolverine and the X-Men set.
Its model number and name are #025 / Polaris.

Character Bio - Lorna Dane's life is one of tragedy. When her mutant powers first activated, she was only a child, and the the uncontrollable nature of her abilities caused an accidental plane crash that killed her parents. In the aftermath of the crash, her real father, Magneto, ordered the villain Mastermind to wipe her memories, creating a host of psychological and emotional problems that Lorna still battles with to this day.

Later on, when her mutant powers fully activated she was recruited by the X-Men, where she met Havok, with whom she shared a romantic connection. Lorna, who took the codename Polaris, was never fully comfortable with the superhero lifestyle. However many times she left though, she was always drawn back in. Once because of possession by the evil entity Malice, and other times due to her love for Havok or desire to help the mutant cause. As Polaris, Lorna has been a member of the X-Men, the Brotherhood, the Starjammers, and multiple iterations of X-Factor, where she battles not only villains, but her own demons.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 10:35 PM. Reason: png
Old April 25th, 2015, 06:41 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Polaris - Design Phase

NAME = POLARIS
SECRET IDENTITY = LORNA DANE

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 200

MAGNETIC BUBBLE
Start the game with a green Magnetic Bubble Marker on this card. Once per round, after moving with Polaris, you may place your Magnetic Bubble Marker on this card or the card of a Unique Hero within 4 clear sight spaces. A figure with your Magnetic Bubble Marker on its card adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled when defending against a non-adjacent attack. If Polaris or a figure with your Magnetic Bubble Marker on its card receives one or more wounds, return the marker to this card.

MAGNETIC BUBBLE TRAP
Before an opponent moves a figure with your Magnetic Bubble Marker on its card, that opponent must roll the 20-sided die. If that opponent rolls 15 or lower, that figure may not move. If that opponent rolls 16 or higher, return your Magnetic Bubble Marker to this card.

REACTIVE TOSS 14
If an opponent’s small or medium figure moves adjacent to Polaris, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, that figure's movement ends. Place the figure on any empty space within 3 spaces of its original placement. Tossed figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks and may only be targeted as they move into engagement with Polaris.

FLYING
SUPERSTRENGTH

Last edited by TrollBrute; August 14th, 2016 at 10:54 AM.
Old April 26th, 2015, 12:05 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
NAME = POLARIS

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTCAST
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

REACTIVE TOSS 12
When an opponent's figure ends its move adjacent to Polaris, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, place the figure on any empty space within 3 spaces of its original placement. Tossed figures do no take any leaving engagement attacks.

MAGNETIC BUBBLE
Start the game with a green Magnetic Bubble Marker on this card. While the Magnetic Bubble Marker is on Polaris' card, when rolling defense dice, you may add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled. After moving, you may place the Magnetic Bubble Marker on the card of a Unique Hero within 4 clear sight spaces. While the your Magnetic Bubble Marker is on a card other than Polaris', that figure cannot move, attack or use any special powers and, when rolling defense dice, adds 2 automatic shields to whatever is rolled. If Polaris or a figure with your Magnetic Bubble Marker on its card receives one or more wounds, return the marker to this card.

FLYING
Not sure which is correct at this hour but it should be one or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I like the reactive toss power, it seems pretty neat and will really frustrate melee heavy hitters. Not sure if I follow why the bubble gives them 2 auto shields, if she locks them down so they can't move wouldn't they be easier to hit?
Because she is locking them down with a magnetic bubble...hard to get through.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 4th, 2015, 05:20 PM

After some more thought, I'm deciding on the second verion, with some tweaks (auto-shield for all, no D20, once-per-round). Which brings us to this:
Quote:
NAME = POLARIS

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

REACTIVE TOSS 12
When an opponent's figure ends its move adjacent to Polaris, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, place the figure on any empty space within 3 spaces of its original placement. Tossed figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

MAGNETIC BUBBLE
Start the game with a green Magnetic Bubble Marker on this card. Once per round, after moving, you may place your Magnetic Bubble Marker on this card or the card of a Unique Hero within 4 clear sight spaces. Figures with your Magnetic Bubble marker on its card add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled when rolling defense dice against a non-adjacent attack. While your Magnetic Bubble Marker is on the card of an opponent's figure, that figure may not move. If Polaris or a figure with your Magnetic Bubble Marker on its card receives one or more wounds, return the marker to this card.

FLYING

Old May 4th, 2015, 05:22 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Math

I ran some numbers and Blob basically becomes twice as hard to kill. It makes him very powerful but I'm not certain brokenly so. Either way, testing with Blob is definitely something to do here.

~Dysole, agreeing that the negation aspect had a much greater chance for negative gameplay
Old May 5th, 2015, 12:52 PM

Re: The Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I ran some numbers and Blob basically becomes twice as hard to kill. It makes him very powerful but I'm not certain brokenly so. Either way, testing with Blob is definitely something to do here.
Not that I'm disputing your math, but it surprises me that a single shield against non-adjacent attacks would make it that much harder to kill him. I'll definitely test it to make sure it's not too powerful, but I don't see it being better than Cap, Star-Lord, or Invisible Woman. They're boosts are swingier, because they're not automatic, but they have the chance to be doubled and they work when figures are Stuck to him.

I'll leave it up for another day or so for any thoughts or suggestions. If nothing big comes up, I'll propose for Initial tomorrow.

Old May 10th, 2015, 09:54 PM

I also realized that Reactive Toss didn't play exactly as intended. I'd like to change it to:

Quote:
REACTIVE TOSS 12
When an opponent's figure that was not adjacent to Polaris at the start of its turn ends its move adjacent to Polaris, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, place the figure on any empty space within 3 spaces of its original placement. Tossed figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks.
This way, once a figure is adjacent, they're free to move around her. This was my intention and the way I played it in my tests.

Old June 27th, 2015, 10:57 PM

I'm not tied to a specific cost either, so yeah, there are ways to boost her up if a D20 weakens her too far. So how about:
Quote:
NAME = POLARIS

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 200

MAGNETIC BUBBLE
Start the game with a green Magnetic Bubble Marker on this card. Once per round, after moving, you may place your Magnetic Bubble Marker on this card or the card of a Unique Hero within 4 clear sight spaces. A figure with your Magnetic Bubble marker on its card adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled when rolling defense dice against a non-adjacent attack. If Polaris or a figure with your Magnetic Bubble Marker on its card receives one or more wounds, return the marker to this card.

MAGNETIC BUBBLE TRAP
Before an opponent's figure with your Magnetic Bubble Marker on its card moves, that player must roll the 20-sided die. If that player rolls 1-15, that figure may not move. If that player rolls 16 or higher, return your Magnetic Bubble Marker to this card.

REACTIVE TOSS 14
If an opponent’s small or medium figure moves adjacent to Polaris, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, that figure's movement ends. Place the figure on any empty space within 3 spaces of its original placement. Tossed figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks and may only be targeted as they move into engagement with Polaris.

FLYING
I thought it would read clearer as two powers, so I split that part off. Wording is borrowed from Scarlet Spider's Impact Webbing SA, and the rolls can be tweaked if that feels too high or low. I also bumped her cost down 10 to compensate for weakening the power slightly.

Last edited by TrollBrute; June 28th, 2015 at 10:11 AM.
Old June 28th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
NAME = POLARIS

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 200

MAGNETIC BUBBLE
Start the game with a green Magnetic Bubble Marker on this card. Once per round, after moving, you may place your Magnetic Bubble Marker on this card or the card of a Unique Hero within 4 clear sight spaces. A figure with your Magnetic Bubble marker on its card adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled when rolling defense dice against a non-adjacent attack. If Polaris or a figure with your Magnetic Bubble Marker on its card receives one or more wounds, return the marker to this card.

MAGNETIC BUBBLE TRAP
Before an opponent's figure with your Magnetic Bubble Marker on its card moves, that player must roll the 20-sided die. If that player rolls 1-15, that figure may not move. If that player rolls 16 or higher, return your Magnetic Bubble Marker to this card.

REACTIVE TOSS 14

FLYING
I like this change.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old September 7th, 2015, 04:13 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
MAGNETIC BUBBLE
Start the game with a green Magnetic Bubble Marker on this card. Once per round, after moving, you may place your Magnetic Bubble Marker on this card or the card of a Unique Hero within 4 clear sight spaces. A figure with your Magnetic Bubble Marker on its card adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled when rolling defense dice against a non-adjacent attack. If Polaris or a figure with your Magnetic Bubble Marker on its card receives one or more wounds, return the marker to this card.

MAGNETIC BUBBLE TRAP
Before an opponent's figure with your Magnetic Bubble Marker on its card moves, that player must roll the 20-sided die. If that player rolls 1-15 or lower, that figure may not move. If that player rolls 16 or higher, return your Magnetic Bubble Marker to this card.

REACTIVE TOSS 14
In Magnetic Bubble, it is unclear as to who has to move in order to place the marker--is it only on Polaris' move, or can the marker be placed after you move any figure you control? And there is no distance restriction on where the marker is coming from, right? If the marker is on the card of a figure 20 spaces away, it still can come back to her card, or can it go on the card of a figure that is within 4 spaces of the figure that moved?

Also, can the card color be more of the green from the comic instead of the mini? That baby food split pea soup green is not very attractive.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 8th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

No, on closer review, there a couple of additional things that need to be addressed.

In a mirror match does the marker of Polaris A effect Polaris B?

Is it the intent that the marker prevents a friendly figure from moving, attacking, etc.?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 8th, 2015, 09:49 PM

@japes , there was also a small change to Magnetic Bubble Trap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
In a mirror match does the marker of Polaris A effect Polaris B?
As written currently, yes. Thematically speaking, I'm not sure if it makes a difference, and I'm not entirely sure. Given that Magneto is not immune to her powers, I don't think an alternate universe version of Polaris would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Is it the intent that the marker prevents a friendly figure from moving, attacking, etc.?
No. It has a chance to prevent opponent's figures from moving, and does not stop anyone's attacks (Bats, that may have been part of why you found her underwhelming). Originally, that was the intent, but the power went through a few changes in the design phase and that was dropped because we were having trouble fully balancing it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library