Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 11th, 2011, 02:17 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Gencon 2011 Feedback

Couple of additional ideas (probably most people won't like).

One event using DFW Tournaments - Restricted List for a max of one card from it. If we play reverse the whip again in the main event, than maybe this would be redundant.

A C3G event (does not even have to be a full tourney). One or two scapers can provide pre-made armies that people can borrow and roll for. I know it is totally custom, but I bet there would be interest in it, even if we had say a bunch of one hour single game one-ticket events so people can try it out. Or if we had a tourney the winner would obviously get a set of figures and cards. Someone besides main tourney organizers could run it (Maybe BATS or Griffin can fly up there?) and the event could be planned in the C3G forum. It would just be a side thing but should take tickets like any other event.
Old August 11th, 2011, 02:36 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
For heat of battle, you should have to place squads so that they are adjacent to their squad-mates ("arrow volley formation").
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Heat of battle could be placed as suggested by dok or how we did at origins where you take turns placing one figure at a time. It takes a couple minutes longer per game but makes for a more even and IMO more fun placement.
I think either way would work. I would like to see it regain its glory of year's past. Perhaps back to being the Thursday big event, but put it in the afternoon, like General Wars and Champ were this year.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 11th, 2011, 02:37 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

Having never been to Gencon I have no idea, but would having an event that required a C rank figure or something of the sort be something to be considered?
Old August 11th, 2011, 02:46 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I say, as this point, we should consider everything.

But then also consider that there are people who play Heroscape only at GenCon; you do not want to alienate that part of the community.

So how tricked up do you want it to be?

IME, the more tricked up you make it, the lower the participation levels. 3 Pack Draft is a great example. It tied CTF for lowest attendance this year. (CTF had low attendance due to being opposite HoB and Day 1 Dealer Hall opening)

Last edited by R˙chean; August 11th, 2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old August 11th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Personally, I don't think we should bring slugfest back (and I'm pretty sure Matthias feels the same way). That is, unless you like the idea of ratsx5 armies winning stuff. It's not stubobj's fault, it's the format.
I like Convergence quite a bit, but maybe only 4 maps total. I played 3/6 games on it. Too much.

I <<LOVE>> the idea of slugfest, and the idea that Rats x5 would win indicates to me that you're looking at it from the "because he won, it must mean it's F'ed up". It's not the format. I would've eaten him up with Tor-Kul-Na, Warriors of Ashra, or a variety of other armies. I tested against them and I simply was late, hence the reason I wasn't playing in it. Suffice to say I brought Zelrig.

I don't see a whole lot of 4 defense, 2 attack armies of 5x being fielded, and if it was a good idea, you'd see more of them, no?

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Last edited by SuperflyTNT; August 11th, 2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Couple of additional ideas (probably most people won't like).

One event using DFW Tournaments - Restricted List for a max of one card from it.
Uh, No. That's garbage. Start restricting one thing and then you alienate people, let alone the cries abounding of "blacklist this! blacklist that!" and crap.

Quote:
A C3G event (does not even have to be a full tourney).
That's an exceptional idea. Release a list of "tourney-approved" figures (which would be ALL of them) and then allow people to bring their own if they wish. If events started cropping up for these peer-vetted customs, it wouldn't be a bad thing. People would start bringing the Batmans and whatnot, and would attract more 'scapers. Great idea, Dave.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Quote:
A C3G event (does not even have to be a full tourney).
That's an exceptional idea. Release a list of "tourney-approved" figures (which would be ALL of them) and then allow people to bring their own if they wish. If events started cropping up for these peer-vetted customs, it wouldn't be a bad thing. People would start bringing the Batmans and whatnot, and would attract more 'scapers. Great idea, Dave.
One of the many reasons I am getting out of the way.

It isn't that I like or dislike it; it is that I don't want to be the one at the helm when it starts going down that path.

Old August 11th, 2011, 03:52 PM

Tiny Timmy knows what's in an order marker Tiny Timmy knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for the input

Last edited by Tiny Timmy; August 11th, 2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: MM told me too
Old August 11th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think C3G or any custom event and maybe even a 2v2 event maybe should be done unofficially. There was a ton of room in the open gaming hall and it would be nice to have a free event or two. If some C3G veterans would be willing to set that up I think there would be great interest. Only bad thing would be being separated from the normal crew. I can see my friends running a 2v2 next year. Going to have to take a little red wagon or 4 to transport all the maps though.

I personally liked the maps for the most part. One thing I did not like was on Common Ground the glyph in the corner with water around it was single hexed. One match it was Kelda and my only multi-life hero was Braxas . Besides that I loved the map. Any map that punishes two-hexers IMO is not needed, the big guys got it tough enough. I liked the events also. The Big is Beautiful format sounds fun and also an unique only or a RotV draft would be great.

This might be a logistical nightmare but would four 16 player events in a slot be possible? 64 total players, 4 rounds. All matches end in one undefeated player. A large variety of matches. I can see where this might be hard to manage and you might want to limit the prizes a bit considering the lower number of competitors. Just a thought.

Another suggestion for an unofficial game would be a dungeon crawl. This could get a lot of 'scapers with fewer maps and the judges get to play to boot.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; August 22nd, 2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: confused Convergence with Common Ground
Old August 12th, 2011, 10:49 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

OK when I was working on Saturday, I was asked several times about a Heroscape Demo. I do not know how feasible it would be, but a Demo may draw the interest of new players.

{I know the game is discontinued, but if you are will to pay, New players can find Scape to play with}

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old August 15th, 2011, 09:43 PM

Juniour is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
This might be a logistical nightmare but would four 16 player events in a slot be possible? 64 total players, 4 rounds. All matches end in one undefeated player. A large variety of matches. I can see where this might be hard to manage and you might want to limit the prizes a bit considering the lower number of competitors. Just a thought.
I think the four 16 player events idea is a cool idea, if you can make it work. Maybe 2 16 player tournaments and one 32 player tournaments, since I know some people like the basic 32 player tournaments, and then they have an option of small tournament or larger tournament. I think this also allows for more tournament types and more options, making it possible to keep all of the tournaments we had this year while also adding in some other tournaments.
Old August 15th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
I like Convergence quite a bit, but maybe only 4 maps total. I played 3/6 games on it. Too much.

I never played on it. However, I did play on Common Ground way too much. (Three times in a row in one tourney! I played on it at least once every tourney.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con