Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 21st, 2011, 02:58 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Deathwalker 9000

Does DW9K's Explosion Special Attack effect friendly figures?
Old August 21st, 2011, 02:59 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Yes.
The card says "Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected". There are no caveats stating that friendly figures are not affected.

The mantra is "Do what the card says". If it doesn't say friendlies are not affected, then they are.
Old August 21st, 2011, 03:02 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Yes it will. In fact, you can even target you own figure(not DW9K however) in order to hit all figures adjacent to it.

For example you could shoot a missile at a Deathreaver you control to hit the enemies by it.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 21st, 2011, 03:16 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Yes.
The card says "Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected". There are no caveats stating that friendly figures are not affected.

The mantra is "Do what the card says". If it doesn't say friendlies are not affected, then they are.
Ok thanks with both figures, just wanted to make sure it got out there. Didn't expect you to answer both of them. But THANKS!!!!!
Old June 2nd, 2012, 12:46 PM

beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker

I just had a fun game with DW 9000. It was a draft with pretty limited choices since I'm in the process of moving. Anyway, It was...

team A - DW9000, Moltenclaw, Syvaris, and Marro Warriors vs.

team B - Airborn Elite, Raelin, Krav, Thorgrim and Finn

The points didn't match exactly but whatever. The short version is after AE quickly took out Marro Warriors and Moltenclaw, DW9000 rolled to victory. Syvaris took out AE but DW9000 did the heavy lifting, taking Raelin out, then the krav, then Finn and Thorgrim. Even when B rolled 4 skulls with krav agents a few times they never got through DW9000's 10 defense (A had the +1 glyph).

So now I want an 500 point army with DW9000. Airborne Elite was the MVP for the other team - might be fun to use both in an army. That's 250. Throw in some rats to capture and hold glyphs and I have

DW9K = 140
AE = 110
Rats x3 = 120 (370)

What do I do with the remaining 130? The strategy being to grab some glyphs with rats, try to take something out with AE when they drop, and walk around killing stuff with DW9K. Maybe another clean up unit or 2 like Kaemon Awa and Isamu? Syvaris, Isamu and Marcu? Krug and Isamu? Hydra & Isamu?

They all seem like fun armies.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 01:16 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beholderthedm View Post
I just had a fun game with DW 9000. It was a draft with pretty limited choices since I'm in the process of moving. Anyway, It was...

team A - DW9000, Moltenclaw, Syvaris, and Marro Warriors vs.

team B - Airborn Elite, Raelin, Krav, Thorgrim and Finn

The points didn't match exactly but whatever. The short version is after AE quickly took out Marro Warriors and Moltenclaw, DW9000 rolled to victory. Syvaris took out AE but DW9000 did the heavy lifting, taking Raelin out, then the krav, then Finn and Thorgrim. Even when B rolled 4 skulls with krav agents a few times they never got through DW9000's 10 defense (A had the +1 glyph).

So now I want an 500 point army with DW9000. Airborne Elite was the MVP for the other team - might be fun to use both in an army. That's 250. Throw in some rats to capture and hold glyphs and I have

DW9K = 140
AE = 110
Rats x3 = 120 (370)

What do I do with the remaining 130? The strategy being to grab some glyphs with rats, try to take something out with AE when they drop, and walk around killing stuff with DW9K. Maybe another clean up unit or 2 like Kaemon Awa and Isamu? Syvaris, Isamu and Marcu? Krug and Isamu? Hydra & Isamu?

They all seem like fun armies.
Dok's SOV-approved Zettian Infantry fit the bill at 65 points a squad.

140 Deathwalker 9000
110 Airborne Elite
130 Zettian Infantry x2
120 Deathreavers x3
500 Points, 23 Hexes

The biggest limiting factor for bringing DWs to a tournament is reliability; the Z. Infantry fix that.

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old June 3rd, 2012, 07:09 AM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

^ Exactly what I was going to say. The Zettian Infantry are really great with 9000. They bond, 9000 gives them a range boost, and if something like Dragon Swoop hits 9000, you're covered.

The figs are really cheap too.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 08:10 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

If you don't like using customs (or don't have them, or think that deathwalker bonding is a horrible, horrible idea) then you might consider the Nakitas.

They give DW9000 some additional protection from ranged attacks and approaching small/medium melee, and are quite handy shooters in their own right.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 11:55 AM

beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker

Thanks - I'm fairly new to scape so I just went and looked up what SoV meant. I'll be sure to check out some more of those custom units and I agree that the Zettian infantry are pretty cool.

Of course in my most recent game with DW9K the dice were not so loyal and I think the krav took him out. They did have height and a +1 glyph so 5 attack dice but still that 1 life is brutal when you have a bad roll. Seems like you really need a backup cleaner.
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:07 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Deathwalker 9000
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 14th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So we all understand that what keeps Deathwalker 9000 from being playable is that he has one life. But my question is, holding everything else constant, what would be the bare minimum number of lives he'd have to have to be considered playable in a tournament setting? Would you use DW9K if he had 9 defense and 2 lives? Or 9 defense and 3 lives? Anything more than that and he has better survivability than Major Q9.
Old July 14th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
But my question is, holding everything else constant, what would be the bare minimum number of lives he'd have to have to be considered playable in a tournament setting?
One.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units