Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 9th, 2011, 05:15 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - Accepting Entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
The main thing I need advice on is: I have NO idea how to price him. He's pretty powerful, but if his second ability fails, he could be dead with one or two well-placed bullets. So please tell me what you think.

Thanks again,

Spite
Whenever I see 4 life and 4 defense I immediately think of Kaemon Awa at 120 points. This guy has 1 less movement, 3 less range, and doesn't have a special attack. He does have a potentially huge area of effect attack and the ability to bond with the axegrinders. Just shooting from the hip, I think I would put him in the 120 to 140 point range.

Question: Did you intend for Brugus to be able to hit himself with the blunderbuss attack?
Old February 9th, 2011, 09:28 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Whenever I see 4 life and 4 defense I immediately think of Kaemon Awa at 120 points. This guy has 1 less movement, 3 less range, and doesn't have a special attack. He does have a potentially huge area of effect attack and the ability to bond with the axegrinders. Just shooting from the hip, I think I would put him in the 120 to 140 point range.

Question: Did you intend for Brugus to be able to hit himself with the blunderbuss attack?
Figures can't target themselves.

I might start him at 120 unless others object. Thank you, tom.
Old February 9th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

My first comparison for Brugus was to DW9K-explosion attack (only 25% of the time, but affects 19 hexes when it hits!) and if the dice are loving you he'll live for ever, but if not, errr...

My initial instinct was to price him with DW9K at 140, but I wanted to wait to hear what other posters though-it doesn't seem like I was too far off. I also forgot to include Dwarf Bonding when I first considered his price, so with that factored in I'm definitely leaning to the high side of tom's estimate.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old February 9th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I can wait for the next opening, but I'd like to get my custom Ragnarok in line for this group project.

Spoiler Alert!

The figure is a hardly repainted Pelloth(silver colored karate-looking hand&arm, mud stained-looking robes, and multicolor hair. He's going for 44cents on Auggies and I'm pretty sure its a Drow Wandmage sculpt(which should be available all across the web). I believe the requirements are fulfilled, no?

--And don't ask for a cleaner pic yet please, I need to borrow as DSi so that horrid cell phone pic can be changed out--

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 10th, 2011, 12:01 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Like I said, Agruna can come down but I want to hone this, more complex guy, down. Lord Frostbane the Death Knight's greatest champion, capable of taking on the frosty aspect of a death lord or unleashing potent magic.

Old February 10th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

First, I assmue he's a hero, not a squad.

Also, can Lord FB only replace a DKoV when Frost Presence is active?

Lastly, I understand what you're saying with Fireball SA, but it should probably be clarified that the 1 wound on the targeted figure is in addition to any wounds from the original attack, and this isn't a d20 based version of 1 Shield Defense (it is open to some rules-lawyering right now).

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old February 10th, 2011, 12:17 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
Like I said, Agruna can come down but I want to hone this, more complex guy, down. Lord Frostbane the Death Knight's greatest champion, capable of taking on the frosty aspect of a death lord or unleashing potent magic.

I like Frost Presence, but why does he also have Fireball Special Attack. Aren't those contradictory elements? I like the power, I would just change the name.

I am going to make a custom with the same figure.
Old February 10th, 2011, 12:21 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Actually DK's have frost and fire oriented power in most cases(ice wall/fireball). The idea is here though, that he cant cast a fireball in frost presence. And weird I swore I had him as a hero. Perhaps fireball does need a clarification, will work it out. And yes, only in frost presence can he raise a DK. Part of the incentive to activate it rather than get one ranged nuke per turn and forget the defense.

Edit: Re reading it, I am not sure where you are saying I should state in addition, as it states if at least one wound was inflicted and then goes on to discuss additional damage. I am not adverse to it, just am unclear as to how you would word it.
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:32 AM

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post

Figures can't target themselves.

I might start him at 120 unless others object. Thank you, tom.
I agree that figures can't target themselves, but they can be affected by their own explosion type attacks. (See DW9000) If Brugus were to target a figure 2 hexes in front of him and then hits his roll to get the explosion attack he would fall victim to his own attack (He is within 2 spaces of the targeted figure and within the required 4 clear sight spaces.). I don't think this is a bad thing either. I like the idea of a blunderbus backfiring on the shooter. I just wasn't sure if that is what you intended.

Last edited by tom; February 10th, 2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post

This guy looks like a fun addition to the Death Knights. I like how you worded Frost Presence so LFB (Lord Frostbane) can activate the power without needing a numbered order marker on him. Cool way to let him activate the power while bonding with the Death Knights of Valkrill. One minor suggestion would be to change the last sentence of Frost Presence to read "When LFB destroys an opponent's small or medium hero while Frost Presence is activated, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Death Knight's of Valkrill."
Old February 10th, 2011, 04:43 PM

Awesome feedback, heres what I got now:

How does he read/seem funwise and is he good enough for his points? Despite not being a straight up juggernaut he does have the power to revive some high cost squad members, despite it being limited to heroes.
Old February 10th, 2011, 05:08 PM

You need to capitalize Frost Presence in the last sentence of that power.

Also, I think I would change the second power to read " ...roll the 20 sided die once for the attacked figure and each figure adjacent to the attacked figure." I think this will help clarify the power a little bit because the word "figure" is used to describe two different units in the same sentence.

Other than that, this guy looks great. He definitely meets the fun requirement. Without some playtesting I can't be sure, but his point total may be a bit high.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards