Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old July 19th, 2019, 01:02 AM

Fakeraistlin is surprisingly tart
Re: [Pod 1] UNIT NAME (Blazing Firecats) - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long eared bat View Post
Lions are the only big cat that hunt as a group. As a name what about: Ukushisa Pride.
Ukushisa is Zulu for blazing.
Right here, @Fakeraistlin

I guess I should look at this stuff on my computer rather than my small phone

Thanks
Old July 19th, 2019, 01:05 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker
Re: [Pod 1] UKUSHIA PRIDE (Blazing Firecats) - Design

For inflame how about they regain a marker when one of them is destroyed.

Long live heroscape
Old July 19th, 2019, 03:50 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@The Long eared bat that's not a bad idea because you would want to use the markers quickly before one dies, and on the offense you'd want to kill more than one at a time so they can't get a marker for each that dies - the theme of flaming out. However I really like the idea @All Your Pie started out as Heat Absorption as it has a slight help on Lava maps at the end of the round lava field, but after looking at figures in the game that would help it is only Fire Elemental's: Searing Intensity and [Chandra]. I'd like to open it up to a lot of other figures - how about:
Quote:
Inflame
Start the game with three blaze counters on this army card. Before moving, you may remove a blaze counter to add 2 to this card's move value and 1 to its attack value for that turn. Each time a Ukushisa Pride figure would receive one or more wounds Lava Field rolls or from an attack from a figure with the Lava Resistant special power, ignore those wounds and, if possible, place a blaze counter on this army card.
This open up synergy to:
[Chandra Nalaar]
Avernus (coming soon)
Brunak
Fire Elemental
Iron Golem
Moltenclaw
Obsidian Guards
Shurrak
Old July 19th, 2019, 04:02 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

To be clear, Heat Absorption was Scytale’s idea originally. Ideally it would replace Lava Resistant instead of being part of Inflame, since it would still prevent damage from lava field and the like while only missing out on molten lava immunity. I’m not much of a fan of letting them ignore damage from all lava resistant figures though, as that could lead to frustrating and unthematic situations where your iron golem simply can’t hurt your opponent’s ukushia.

Tentatively, I’m fine with either heat absorption or regaining markers when cats die, although I’m not sure what the latter represents thematically.
Old July 19th, 2019, 05:26 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

My fault on not giving @Scytale credit, and yeah if the last figures on an opponent's team are all Lava resistant basically they couldn't win with my above wording. Hmm. I was just excited on the idea of your other units attacking them to buff them. We could have something like "... wounds from Lava Filed rolls or a special attack with Blazing, Burning, Fire, Heat, Lava [etc] in it..." but that seems complicated. Will have to think about it but if anyone has another idea with the concept of you attacking them to buff them, please post. Or if people do not like that idea that's fine I just think its really cool/hot idea and the firecats with markers makes sense for it.
Old July 19th, 2019, 05:53 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Tentatively, I’m fine with either heat absorption or regaining markers when cats die, although I’m not sure what the latter represents thematically.
It gives a sense of revenging the death of a pride member.

Long live heroscape
Old July 19th, 2019, 11:32 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I am partial to the re-ignite mechanic instead of taking damage because it's a weak synergy that's unique and interesting. It makes for the build with Chandra synergistic, but not in a way that either requires the other. In addition, it gives some extra reason for the double fire lines, as there will be plenty of times having the second fire line won't otherwise matter.

But it is an extra layer of complexity. I believe these units can afford that, but it's something we can cut without making a big change to how the unit plays. So it's not a hill I'll die on or anything.
Old August 21st, 2019, 05:56 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Where are we at here, do y'all think? Should we work on ironing out a mechanic for marker regain here, or are we ready to put some last touches on and prepare to move into testing?
Old August 21st, 2019, 09:01 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I think tying their marker regeneration to lava fields/resistant is a mistake. It;s too situational.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 05:40 AM

Are people in favour of regaining markers when a cat dies?

Long live heroscape
Old August 22nd, 2019, 12:04 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I liked regaining markers from lava fields and not-affecting-lava-resistant-figures powers because of the potential soft synergy with the fire lady. If we aren't going that route, forget the recharge. These are uniques; longevity isn't important, and not having the recharge makes for tighter decisions.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 02:26 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

A crazy idea came to mind last night. If markers don’t work out what about something like...

RAGING FIRECATS
For every unrevealed Order Marker on this Army Card, add 1 to the Pride’s move and attack.

This lets them play the tune of the fire that burns the brightest dies the fastest because an opponent is most likely going to try stopping the pure carnage these guys will create. A base move/attack of 5/3 will help keep them from overshooting in raw power too.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs