Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old July 7th, 2019, 11:07 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Workshop

So folks don't have to dig it up to follow along, this is what my take looks like...

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the ??? set.
Its model number and name are #??? / ???.
NAME = GWENPOOL
SECRET IDENTITY = GWEN POOLE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = ENTHUSIASTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

FANGIRL KNOWLEDGE
Before taking a turn with Gwenpool, you may choose any figure within clear sight of Gwenpool that has a secret identity and view all Order Markers on that figure's card.

DEUS EX MACHINA SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 2.
When defending against this special attack, Common figures cannot roll defense dice and Unique figures cannot roll more than one defense die.

PLOT ARMOR
When Gwenpool defends against an attack, she adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled for each unrevealed Order Marker on this card, to a maximum of two.
Bio - Gwen Poole is a superhero superfan from a universe like our own, where heroes are just characters in comic books. After finding herself somehow transported into the Marvel Universe, she quickly put on a costume and started taking mercenary jobs as Gwenpool. Her reasoning is, of course, that anyone without a costume is just an extra that can be killed off as the plot demands. Gwen is aware that she's in the Marvel universe of her beloved comics, and exploits both her knowledge of the other characters' lives and the tropes of superhero comics in order to succeed as a mercenary.
It's definitely more riffing on the "pre-reality warper" phase of her book, but that's the version she reverts to in team books and guest appearances, which is what C3G is more analogous to than a solo book.

If we did some kind of 'banished to gutterspace' thing, I'd maybe do it in place of the Deus Ex Machina thing? Like, that's kind of getting into the same idea, and it's the sort of thing named/Unique characters should also be resistant to... the plot armor thing cuts both ways. She has trouble affecting important characters.

(I know Fangirl Knowledge is the niche/low-key power here, but I like it and it's repping something big about the character that I wouldn't drop lightly)
Old July 8th, 2019, 07:57 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I really don’t know the character, and never cared since she was simply cashgrabbing what was popular at the time, but I do like Ronin’s draft. The special attack totally feels like a good DEM power. The write up is nice and simple too.

But again I didn’t even know she could warp reality. I thought her whole point was that she didn’t have powers, but whatever.
Old July 8th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Buddy if you think Gwenpool is just a lazy cash grab you should probably actually read Unbelievable Gwenpool it's a great series

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old July 8th, 2019, 08:47 AM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I really don’t know the character, and never cared since she was simply cashgrabbing what was popular at the time, but I do like Ronin’s draft. The special attack totally feels like a good DEM power. The write up is nice and simple too.

But again I didn’t even know she could warp reality. I thought her whole point was that she didn’t have powers, but whatever.

Also she can warp reality but only because of her meta-aware nature, she can feel the borders of panels etc.

Old July 8th, 2019, 08:47 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I’m not doubting it’s a great series, she was just made when SpiderGwen and Deadpool were crazy popular, so kind of was a cash grab no matter what
Old July 8th, 2019, 09:26 AM

I mean kinda, but to be fair, originally she was just a design for a variant cover and the design was so popular they spun her off into a character

I can't exactly blame Marvel for making a series people wanted

Old July 8th, 2019, 10:16 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The Fangirl theme is cool, but I’m on record as not loving Order Marker viewing powers in general.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 8th, 2019, 10:57 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The Fangirl theme is cool, but I’m on record as not loving Order Marker viewing powers in general.
Here is a general question, let’s say I use a special and view an opponent’s Order Marker, if I am in a multiplayer game, can I tip off my teammate? At first I was thinking no, but then in my games we always talk strategy with each other when it’s our turn. So, if my teammate got riddled but Riddler and I knew say where the 3OM was, I would want to tell him so he could eliminate that from his guessing.
Old July 8th, 2019, 11:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't think there are any rules for or against for that type of thing, so it seems fair game to use it as a negotiating chip in larger matches.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 8th, 2019, 05:13 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

In my book? Information sharing is part of war, so yes. I'd even say that you could do so if you weren't team-mates but it's instead a free-for-all - of course, misinformation is also a valid strategy in warfare, so under those circumstances you're under no obligation to tell the truth.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 8th, 2019, 08:28 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

I think it's okay. It only really becomes an issue in my book when people take it too far (maintaining an alliance against a losing player etc)
Old July 8th, 2019, 10:07 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I really like the idea of "stepping out of the game" as a key part of Gwenpool since I think that's her most iconic moment - stepping out of her own comic. Everything else feels secondary to that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy