Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 18th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Batman (Terry McGinnis) ~~ Design Phase

I love this write up. It is elegant, practical, and fun. There are only two small things that I would like to change.
Quote:
NAME = Batman

SECRET IDENTITY = Terry McGinnis
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Vigilante
PERSONALITY = Impulsive
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 5 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 180? 150

BAT EVASION
Text for the special power. After Batman rolls attack or defense dice against a figure without the Flying or Stealth Flying special power, he may immediately move up to 4 spaces.

BATCAVE COMLINK
After moving, before attacking, you may reveal the X-Order Marker on this card and add 1 to Batman's attack this turn.

BAT CLOAKING
Batman can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. If there are no revealed Order Markers on this card, Batman cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks, or any special powers that require clear sight.

Flying
I am OK with a melee Batman, especially this one, so the range of 1 works for me especially after reading your notes and understanding the card; this batman emphasizes stealth and sneaky attacks.

I don't like the life of 5 at all. Bruce should have better or on par constitution as Terry IMO.

I really feel like he is going to be worth less than the predicted 180, but the initial tester can find that out.
Old October 18th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice!

A couple of ideas:
If you wanted to include the Batarangs-thrown-to-distract idea, how about something like this:

BATARANG DISTRACTION
When Batman attacks a figure that he was not adjacent to at the start of the turn, that figure rolls one less/fewer attack dice.

I LOVE the COMLINK power, and since thereīll probebly never be an Old Man Wayne figure, or card(?), I think it should definitely be here!
I think it would be cool to add other options, representing Bruce giving the best advice in a given situation, (instead of just going "ATTACK!" every time) so how about this:

BATCAVE COMLINK
After moving, before attacking, you may reveal the X-Order Marker on this card, to move an extra four spaces, OR add 1 to Batman's attack this turn, OR add 4 to Batmanīs range this turn.

This would give him a chance to throw those Batarangs for some damage, but only once per round, and only if none of the other options, extra move or extra attack, was not preferable...
Old October 18th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970 View Post
BATCAVE COMLINK
After moving, before attacking, you may reveal the X-Order Marker on this card, to move an extra four spaces, OR add 1 to Batman's attack this turn, OR add 4 to Batmanīs range this turn.

This would give him a chance to throw those Batarangs for some damage, but only once per round, and only if none of the other options, extra move or extra attack, was not preferable...
Ohhhhhhhh. I like that power!
Old October 18th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't think he needs the bonus movement on his Comlink - he's already getting a bonus movement on Bat Evasion.
Here's where I"m at currently:

I agree with Griff that he's fine being melee.
I like the rest of Deathwalker's power suggestion - to make the Comlink a flexible +attack or +range.
That lets him stay melee and still have a ranged option.
I like him with life 4 and everything else the same as the initial draft other than wording tweaking and rearranging the power order.
Johnny - I disagree with you on almost everything. His connection to Old Man Bruce is an essential part of his character. Also, we should try to have a consistent style of art over the life of this project as much as possible, so I very much prefer the current art to anything Bruce Timm style.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 18th, 2010, 05:05 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

*Ahem*

NO RANGE. AHHH NO RANGE!!!!

*Ahem*

@Scapemage,
Terry DID stumble on the cave, but basically Bruce hired Terry to be Batman because he got too old. More complicated than that, but that's the basics.

@Johnny,
Yeah, Impulsive isn't the BEST, but I just couldn't think of anything else With his dad's murder, driven could work, but I don't want to copy Bruce.
I'm with you on the comlink, I'm not so sure, and an Oracle figure would do something similar once we get to her. But it IS thematic. I'm up in the air about that.
And sorry, man, I just don't like how the cartoons look on cards. The picture I picked is awesome, and it looks GREAT on the card, so I want to stick with that
You can always ask A3N to do a cartoon card just for you
And the suit is supposed to give you strength of 10 men. So can 10 men lift a ton? I dunno... He can't break through walls and such without explosives in the cartoon, so I figured he shouldn't be able to in 'Scape.

@Griffen,
I understand that you don't think he should have more life than Bruce, but I REALLY think Bruce should've had 5 life. And then Terry doesn't have any defensive abilities, and with just 4 defense, he'll die in like one attack from most supers And the suit does really help his survivability, he's been shot, blown up, and crushed, with only minor injuries since the suit protects him. 180 I just guessed, I suck at points, so

@DW1970,
I like that comlink. Still not keen on range, but in this case it would be okay. I think the Batarang distraction would've been better on Bruce, though, and give him some sort of whirlwind attack. But that's done now, so

Lemme do some quick changes, and see how it goes...
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like Impulsive.
I think the Comlink is essential.
I really agree with 4 life.
I think that he does have defensive powers - and two of them.
Bat Evasion lets him limit the attacks squads can get on him.
The Cloaking power protects him a LOT defensively.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 18th, 2010, 05:17 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I like Impulsive.
I think the Comlink is essential.
I really agree with 4 life.
I think that he does have defensive powers - and two of them.
Bat Evasion lets him limit the attacks squads can get on him.
The Cloaking power protects him a LOT defensively.
I'm sticking with Comlink for now, if nobody else has doubts like Johnny and I, we'll keep it. I like the power right now.
Well, I guess 4 life would work. I'm comparing him to Venom now, who has more life, a good defensive combo, AND better attack. I'm not worried about the attack, since Terry can easily grab height.

You know, I think I'm just being biased. I love my Batmen too much, I want them to be amazing.

But honestly, he looks like a great mid-cost hero right now, and that's my favorite cost range of supers, so I shouldn't complain, haha! And even though he only gets 1 attack on squads, he might almost be TOO MUCH for them, with the evade (Which still needs a better name )
The cloaking helps if he's not doing anything (Which is very thematic, I love it!), but if he's in the action, he obviously doesn't use it much
Hmm, actually thematically, tacking Stealth Flying onto cloaking really doesn't make much sense. He's just quick, not cloaking to get away from people. But it works on the card, and limits the text, so we'll probably stick with it.

Oh, and I added an edit log to the bottom of the first post, to keep track.
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:23 PM
...has moist legs

Bah, still a wording thing.

After Batman attacks or defends against an attack from a figure without the Flying special power, you may immediately move Batman up to 4 spaces.

It can still be interpreted oddly.

After Batman attacks, or defends against an attack from a figure without the Flying special power, you may immediately move Batman up to 4 spaces.

I don't know how to fix that without referencing the "flying special power" twice. Would that be a problem?
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post

After Batman attacks or defends against an attack from a figure without the Flying special power, you may immediately move Batman up to 4 spaces.

After Batman attacks, or defends against an attack from a figure without the Flying special power, you may immediately move Batman up to 4 spaces.

I don't know how to fix that without referencing the "flying special power" twice. Would that be a problem?
After Batman attacks or defends against an attack, if that figure does not have the Flying special power, you may immediately move Batman up to 4 spaces.
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:31 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I definately think that Comlink shouldn't allow Bamtan to have range. Does he even use Batarangs? A meleee Batman would be nice.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:31 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post

After Batman attacks or defends against an attack, if that figure does not have the Flying special power, you may immediately move Batman up to 4 spaces.
Hah, thanks. Perfect.
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:34 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
I definately think that Comlink shouldn't allow Bamtan to have range. Does he even use Batarangs? A meleee Batman would be nice.
I know, if you've read ANYTHING I've said in this thread, it's that I want a melee Batman
But the general consensus seems to be that it's good on the comlink.

And actually Terry probably uses them MORE than Bruce ever did, I just don't want to focus on that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library