Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: How well did Wizards of the Coast handle HS? (Waves 9-13)
They did better than Hasbro 1 1.67%
They did about the same as Hasbro 15 25.00%
It was better than canceling HS altogether, but still bad 36 60.00%
It was terrible and should never have happened 8 13.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 12th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Opinion on WotC: Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
My problem with Wotc's handling of scape was that they tried to change the game itself. They took a turn based strategy game and tried to turn it into a rpg dungeon crawler, which isn't the game that we all fell in love with. But that being said having some scape was better than having no scape imo.
If you take a look at the SotM scenarios, it plays like a Crawler, just so you know.
Old September 12th, 2012, 10:53 PM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker

I agree. My little rant at the top of this post was mainly to say "hey, they didn't do too bad given the circumstances." I voted for the third option.

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think Colby, Jerry, Chris, and the rest of those guys did an amazing job with the hand they were dealt. That hand, though (forced themes, lower quality sculpts) had its impact on my overall feelings about WotC's run. So it doesn't capture the same magic as the Hasbro days for me as a result.

But I mostly agree with Archville. If the Hasbro days were the Golden Age of Heroscape, we're in the Silver Age now, and I couldn't be happier (and probably spend more money on it now than I ever did back then!).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 12th, 2012, 11:09 PM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker

yeah, I think the worst part was the themes. It didn't have the diversity of Hasbro. But I actually think the scuplts were OK, and at least they repainted them to set them apart from DnD. I mean, the fen hydra is one quality sculpt. I have noticed that the wave 11-13 figures are heavier and less shiny than hasbro's. All in all I think the best part of wotcscape was the sculpts

~TheCheez
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:12 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Some of the Sculpts were pretty good (Hydra, Elementals). A ton were just dreadful, though, IMO. (Hate the Drow. Hate the Troll in the Underdark set. Etc.)

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 12th, 2012, 11:20 PM

yes, the troll is probably my least favorite unit. those stupid warts.

~TheCheez
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:22 PM

I just can't go from the awesomeness of Krug to that ... thing, without still grumbling at the drop off.

Had to get all that shadow and stone tile for Batcaves, though!

Old September 13th, 2012, 06:31 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I thought the Troll looked cool... Makes for a nice Swamp unit.

My copy of they Hydra is dreadfully ugly. The seam is way to noticeable.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 13th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
WotC (Peter Lee) mishandled the brand. The design team did a great job with what they had to work with and preserved the integrity of the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
...Negatives: New general (Valkrill) with no heroes, new base sizes, no new terrain, all reused figures, all fantasy-themed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I really don't know if we need another thread to talk about this... I'm tired of this talk about WotC honestly.
I didn't think you were ranting, Cheez. This thread was a nice change from the ones that read like death threats. You just wanted to know how everyone felt about it all....
Personally I like this thread, and frankly I'm almost willing to vote for "as well as Hasbro."

Face it, they're given a financially unprofitable game and tried to eek it out for a few more expansions. The joy is that because of this the Design Team went crazy and used all those awesome powers that previously there were trying to spread out over the infinite waves they were looking forward to.

D&D'scape definitely has some of my favorite figures. But in the end... I still believe they could have found a way to make it profitable. WOTC .
</IMG>
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:25 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wave 9 was a Hasbro handing off but still, IMHO, falls under the WoTC side of things.

To me, if anyone cares, I was ready to handle three waves of DnD before stopping. I was not ready to handle base changes the way they did them. I still bought wave D3 but was not thrilled by it.

That so-called 'awesome' Hydra sculpt looks like it was cleaved by Jotun before it starts in a game. The seam is very off putting, the Drow...should never of happened.

The design team, however, did a wonderful job with the sculpts they had and should be applauded for it.

I think a few of you are forgetting Wave 10. Granted they were all repaints or re-issues but a number of folks...and I include myself... would not have Sir Hawthorne, the snow rider or the Elite Vipers if it wasn't for that wave. And while I thought they should have gone further (Master Woo, Agent Skahen and even a new special and/or re-release the spiders) the Gaurdian and Hunters were also good to see.

I'm hoping that at some point Hasbro/WoTC realize there is a market for miniatures and eventually re-releases them all but it's probably not going to happen.

As for Valkrill, I kinda like the idea of pure chaos squads with no hero to guide them...isn't that what chaos is all about?

Now if both had stopped printing uniques en mass and left them for large expansions or Master sets ...

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 13th, 2012 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Stopped cause I was starting to rant.
Old September 13th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
Face it, they're given a financially unprofitable game and tried to eek it out for a few more expansions.
I really, really, really don't want to get in to this again. However, I must ask, is the above statement a fact? Do we have solid evidence that it is fact?

If so, fine, but until I'm shown proof, undisputable proof, I won't belive it.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old September 14th, 2012, 01:57 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I suspect it was profitable, but not as much as they wanted it to be.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion