Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Do you think there should be more Licensed properties in Heroscape?
Yes 54 49.54%
No 55 50.46%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 22nd, 2007, 05:31 PM

Argent has disabled reputation
Tell me about it. Why back in the day I had to pay... uh nevermind.

Argent is Alexander Ravenhurst, Librarian, in The Menagerie.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 05:31 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent
Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing non-powered 'Support Characters' like Mary Jane, Aunt May, Moira MacTaggert, Betty Ross, Pepper Potts, etc... in a 'Toys R Us Exclusive' much like the recent standard bearers.
And I have a feeling even EJ wouldn't mind dropping 12.99+tax to get ahold of Mary Jane Watson.
Is that all she costs these days?
Mary Jane is a cheap *****.

Correction. Mary Jane is an inexpensive *****.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:12 PM

Jeabird is surprisingly tart
What! No one put in their two cent for PotterScape? Armies of Deatheaters. All kinds of witches and wizards. Mythical Beast and a wonderful castle.

I, like God, do play with dice and do believe in coincidence.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:35 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
What's a Deat and how do you heat it?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:09 PM

Lynx7725 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Joescape.

I'm not sure I would want to play a game where everybody has 1 attack die and 23 defense dice.
I see your point, but I'm sure that's something that's.. correctable. :P

Joescape does make sense though, more so than Jediscape. Bringing G.I. Joe into Heroscape brings less power-creep pressure than bringing Force users -- you expect the Jedi to be able to do awesome things above and beyond humanity, but G.I. Joe don't have that expectations. That should keep the point cost creep down a bit.

Of course, there's other things that can be considered.. DC-scape, Dark Horse-Scape, Klingon-scape might be pushing things though.

Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:19 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS Beast
For those who don't want to, then don't. It doesn't effect you in any way, shape, or form.
The problem is that it DOES effect us. If it didn't, I really wouldn't give a crap either way. The more time they spend developing Star Wars Scape, Marvel Scape, Lord of the Rings Scape, and My Little Pony Scape; the longer it takes for the rest of us to get regular Heroscape. Wave 6 was released late last year, and we just now got Wave 7. This is partially due to how long it took to develop Marvel Heroscape.
No, it doesn't effect you. It's not like they're ignoring regular Heroscape for Marvelscape. Or putting their resources only in Marvelscape. And your argument is flawed, because they didn't slow down on Heroscape for Marvelscape. What caused the long delay between Wave 6 and 7 was preparing Swarm of the Marrow. A new Heroscape master set.

Not to mention, look at everything you've gotten and is coming up for 2007:

Dawn of Darkness (March 2007); Wave 6
Fields of Valor' (June 2007); Wave 7
Master Set 2 - Swarm of the Marro
Defenders of Kinsland (unreleased); Wave 8
Aquilla's Alliance (October 2007) Giant Wave 3
Ticalla Jungle (October 2007);Terrain wave 5

So basically:

2004 - 1 Master Set
2005 - 3 Expansions, 1 Giant Wave, 2 Terrain Waves
2006 - 2 Expansions, 1 Giant Wave, 2 Terrain Waves, 5 Standard Bearers.
2007 - 1 Master Set, 3 Expansions, 1 Giant Wave, 1 Terrain Wave.

Certainly doesn't look like they're slowing down due to Marvelscape. :P
Okay, I was confused about when Wave 6 was released. But still, you're argument is basically "no it doesn't." Anyone can tell that there is a serious slow down with releasing of new waves, and with even more spin-offs in development, it's going to slow down even more, which effects us all.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 11:04 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Anyone can tell that there is a serious slow down with releasing of new waves, and with even more spin-offs in development, it's going to slow down even more, which effects us all.
I dunno, if two waves (6 and 7) were released for classic 'Scape this year, doesn't that measure up to the rate of previous years? Without having done any research into it, it seems to me like two waves developed/year is about what's been done in the past. As for your comment about "more spin-offs being in development," neither G.I Joe 'Scape nor Star Wars 'Scape has been announced, so I don't know where THAT'S coming from. (Not that I'd be surprised if they were announced tomorrow, I'm just sayin'.)
Old October 23rd, 2007, 01:26 PM

Gdawg4 Woo who?
What about Montypythonandtheholygrailscape.
Would'nt it be fun to have the black knight fight sir Robin.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 01:55 PM

1/2ltfightr has disabled reputation
I voted no because Marvelscape has replaced Classic Heroscape in a lot of stores. They do not have a master set or a booster pack. The only thing on the shelf is Marvelscape.

1/2ltfightr and ltfightr are a married couple. We have used ltfightr for 11 years. We have always shared that but for some reason she will not share scape and what does she mean her EOV she found 12-15-06 are hers not ours! ....!
Old October 23rd, 2007, 01:59 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2ltfightr
I voted no because Marvelscape has replaced Classic Heroscape in a lot of stores. They do not have a master set or a booster pack. The only thing on the shelf is Marvelscape.
That has nothing to do with whether or not one is causing a drop in production of the other. In fact, it was the over production of Wave 5 that clogged the shelves and made Wal-Mart drop the classic wave packs. Wal-Mart thinks Marvel will sell better, but they wouldn't have flat our replaced classic 'scape with it if Nakitas and WoA hadn't filled the shelves for a year.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 23rd, 2007, 02:11 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
No joke thats still all there is at my walmart!
Old October 23rd, 2007, 06:50 PM

Tiak has disabled reputation
Getting the New Sets once officially released has always been the one problem I have had with heroscape. In my area anyway, It takes months after the release to see any of the figures/sets on store shelves, Then it sits there for months. You can't blame Marvel Heroclix for that.

"That's a dumb planet! If Someone tries to kill you, You try to kill em right back."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion