Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 20th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Sentinels of the Multiverse does look cool, but at the same time it's not really a deck builder, is it? Since all the decks are pre-defined?
You are correct; it is not a deck builder. It is, however, cool.
If anyone wants to try it out, Sentinels of the Multiverse is also now available on IOS and Android (which means this post really belongs in another thread), and it is an excellent implementation. The artwork is great, and the app does all the fiddly stuff for you. My only complaint is there is no online play, but this game does the best job of making you feel as if you're a superhero team fighting the bad guy.

Speaking of superheroes, last night I played in an OP event for Marvel Dice Masters that actually took place at a local game store in my city! The store mostly caters to Magic, but the owner is trying to open things up for other games. He has been saving his Organized Play stuff until he had enough boosters and starters available, so we played for the first two OP kits last night. We played four rounds using Avengers vs X-Men and Uncanny X-Men, and I ended up in a three-way tie for first, so we each got the promo prizes. I already like the game a lot, but the addition of Uncanny X-Men has made the game much better and opened up tons of options. He plans to have OP events every month now (it's not that far away @Gurei-Ornery ), so I'm looking forward to some regular play.

Last edited by akden; November 20th, 2014 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Added the quotes.
Old November 20th, 2014, 12:19 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I don't see SotM in the iOS Appstore.
Old November 20th, 2014, 01:24 PM

Lucace knows what's in an order marker Lucace knows what's in an order marker

It is iPad only!
Old November 20th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucace View Post
It is iPad only!
Whoops, forgot that part...

But it is fun on a tablet/ipad
Old November 20th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Not to get too sidetracked but I am a HUGE Sentinels of the Multiverse fan. I would pick to play it over Legendary every time.

Back to the thread -
Playing a lot of Mtg, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Star Realms, Bang! (dice version), and X-wing.

Pathfinder AP #3 should be here soon (along with King of New York, Sherrif of Nottingham, Lotr expansions). Looking forward to getting back into that. My 6 weeks(ish) of vacation starts tomorrow so I got a lot of gaming ahead (and a honey do list probably....)

Of course Wave 5 for x-wing FINALLY hits the shelves next Wed so I guess it's time for another order from CSI....

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; November 20th, 2014 at 03:50 PM. Reason: I still have Descent expansions and the new claustrophobia expansion to get too...sigh 1st world problems...
Old November 20th, 2014, 11:19 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Pretty soon I'm going to need to box up my games ... 30 days until my move! Any suggestions for securing boxes for the movers?
I've never used movers, but my games always seem to do best in the move when I've Tetris'd them snuggly into boxes. I usually end up using larger boxes because of the few really big game box games I've got (original Descent for e.g.).

But packing it all so that the boxes they're in are practically bricks with how solid they are has kept my stuff fairly safe through multiple moves.
Couldn't you put big rubber bands around each box so that if they get upturned there won't be any spills?

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old November 21st, 2014, 12:03 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

The wife and I babysat nieces and nephews (nephew toddler, niece 6, and nephew 7) tonight. I played a game of King of Tokyo and was quickly eliminated. Nephew eventually beat his sister after that and was quite pleased. Niece had no issue losing, because for the last couple of rounds she was saying "I am ready to die now [so that I can stop playing this game]." Her attention span is pretty short.

After that, I broke out Battleship Galaxies and played the introductory scenario without using EMP Strike rules or Tactical Cards. I beat Nephew, but I managed to let him take out my flagship and one of the middle-range ships before finishing him off. He loved the game and raved to his parents about how they have to get it now. Whoops?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 21st, 2014, 12:19 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Ah, good to see King of Tokyo getting some id action. Mine are both boys and a little older so I'm hoping there won't be a "I want to stop playing this game moment".

Battleship Galaxies is still sealed in my closet. I bought it a year or two ago at a decent price and I'm waiting for my boys to get a little older. They don't have much interest in forcing me to open it so I guess I'm good with my plan.

As for Sentinels, I did some research and some others here hit it right on the head. I'm not a true gamer and I really think the game play will frustrate me with all of the markers. I appreciate the more comic book type design but without the modern mythology of Marvel or DC to keep my guys into the theme, I don't see it ever being enjoyed at my table.

Also have Dice Masters Uncanny X-Men coming so maybe mixing that with our Avengers vs X-Men starter set will drive the excitement up a bit. I guess we'll just wait and see.
Old November 21st, 2014, 12:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Black Friday sale at FFG

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 21st, 2014, 04:58 PM
Chewer of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I've been twitching over those since yesterday. There are some pretty excellent deals, but I wasn't sure about spending the money to pick up more stuff that likely won't get played...
Old November 21st, 2014, 05:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That is quite a deal on Fortress America, which is supposedly a really good game. I, however, now own a few games that have never been played, and a few more great ones that haven't been played in too long. So I am (just barely) restraining myself.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 21st, 2014, 10:49 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks for the packing tips, guys! I think Tetris is going to be the way to go for me.

Re: Sentinels of the Multiverse, for some reason I like it a lot better in solo play than group play. Whereas I like Legendary better with others (maybe because it feels like there's a bit more interaction with other players?).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games