Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old September 4th, 2022, 07:16 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Using Scape Terrain For Other Games

Looking back, I also used the Scape Terrain for the old Star Wars minis rules, which uses a flexible cloth ruler for movement. I just called an inch in the old game a hex. That worked perfectly. Besides individual characters, that game uses a lot of larger vehicles and equipment, up to the huge AT-AT I got one year for Christmas. And since I have custom made 24 hexers for snow and desert, which a pal got from some other creative persons through the mail, there you go. Perhaps they should be two of the first new terrain types to be offered!

I've also seen others using Scape terrain for all kinds of things at HMGS minis gaming conventions, including even for 54mm (1/32 or 2 1/2") minis, which comprise my own main minis collection. Convention Flea Markets have been the best places for me to get extra Scape sets or terrain.

Using Other Things For Scape Terrain

My old fellow Scaper Kolakoski has often used some simple pieces from other sources, mainly as ornaments or sight blockers. We often put colored plastic "stones" on top of castle pillars that are not being used for their tops, but only as sight blockers. I remember once going into a Games Workshop store here in NYC (I think that one no longer exists) and finding nothing useful. But the friendly players directed us to a nearby pet store, where we did find useful things! I do have some Pet Store fish tank items that work for the Scape scale as well.

Last edited by chas; September 4th, 2022 at 07:32 AM.
Old September 4th, 2022, 07:53 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

24 hexers in the terrain types we haven’t gotten them in before would be amazing. Even three or seven hex types for the zero-elevation tiles (water, ice, shadow, molten lava, swamp water) would be amazing.

If they did want to go the hype route, a short video clip of someone showing off new terrain offerings in map builds would be way more exciting than medium 5 figure number twenty.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 4th, 2022, 10:15 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

All this talk about figures and terrain, but none about the true mystery:
Will the new master set finish off the Glyph alphabet?
We're still missing F, H, Q, X, Y, and Z, just enough for the new master set to round out, alongside two glyphs of Brandar (as is tradition).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old September 4th, 2022, 01:15 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Not to mention the 16 Treasure Glyphs (and two Marvels)...
Old September 4th, 2022, 02:58 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As a Glyph fiend who somehow managed to never think about this even once, my hype has visibly increased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Not to mention the 16 Treasure Glyphs (and two Marvels)...
Those don't have an alphabetical naming scheme, though.
Old September 4th, 2022, 04:08 PM

One nice variant for powering up those weak characters you never use is to allow some characters to start off with a Treasure Glyph (you can pay for it in Army Build Points!) I mention them not for their names, but because they could come up with more of them for 2.0! Just because they were "D&D" Era Glyphs doesn't mean you can't use them! I guess your Hero just got to the Magic Shop before the game!

Its an easy way to customize your characters. I know I tried it out in one of our NYCG4 games way back, and we had fun with it. I think we only allowed one TG per army.
Old September 4th, 2022, 04:42 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool idea there chas.
Old September 4th, 2022, 11:34 PM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
One nice variant for powering up those weak characters you never use is to allow some characters to start off with a Treasure Glyph (you can pay for it in Army Build Points!) I mention them not for their names, but because they could come up with more of them for 2.0! Just because they were "D&D" Era Glyphs doesn't mean you can't use them! I guess your Hero just got to the Magic Shop before the game!

Its an easy way to customize your characters. I know I tried it out in one of our NYCG4 games way back, and we had fun with it. I think we only allowed one TG per army.
I remember a discussion about that once upon a time. I've had it in my signature since.

Chas had a nice rules summary for Drafting Glyphs here.

I can't wait to see new glyphs. Hopefully they'll do treasure glyphs again also.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old September 5th, 2022, 12:50 AM
The Animator

JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby!

Not sure if it has been asked but are the figures going to be new sculpts with a similar design style to the old heroscape stuff? I was never the biggest fan of the reused D&D sculpts.

Come check out my heroscape .gif Images.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30039
Old September 5th, 2022, 01:07 AM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JairEmia View Post
Not sure if it has been asked but are the figures going to be new sculpts with a similar design style to the old heroscape stuff? I was never the biggest fan of the reused D&D sculpts.
Its going to be original sculpts made specifically for Heroscape 2.0
Old September 5th, 2022, 09:45 AM

I just did a long post on BGG you might find interesting called AOA: Revising The Master Set Concept? here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/292...er-set-concept

I wanted to update the discussions there, and I put together what we know so far about what the actual offering on Haslab might contain, based on what we've discussed here and elsewhere so far, and logical extrapolations from various marketing possibilities. Since we've got at least another month to see what our initial purchasing possibilities will be, I thought it would be fun to think about what they may look like, and get some input from different folks. Feel free to comment there or here!
Old September 5th, 2022, 01:47 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by JairEmia View Post
The new ones are meant to be higher-quality than the old ones. The highest-quality on the market... I might have to dig up the quote about that one, wherever it is.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion