Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 10th, 2010, 02:08 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Huntress - Design Phase

That works perfectly for me Bats.
Old April 10th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I very much like this custom. I hissed at yet another figure with three abilities, so hard not to do . But when I read the abilities, I smiled and agreed wholeheartedly.

At the first pass I agree with 140~ points.

Wulf, your change as is functionally changes the Crossbow. Yours attacks adjacent figure. Not being able to do this is part of what I like about the Special Attack. It is neat that once she is engaged she has to normal attack.

Bats, yours also changes the function. While smoother, it adds one additional attack. Originally, she snaps off two quick bursts of 3dice each or when they are close, since she doesn't have 'time' enough to shoot twice, she shoots once at 5.
Range 1: Normal Attack 4+1; Range 2: Special Attack 5; Range 3-5: Special Attack 3x2
A part of me wants her to be able to either snap or aim, but the other half reminds me of other games and their dealings with Crossbows. To differ them from Bows, they deal more damage at closer range and have an overall lesser max range. In those games, the X-bows are also slower and never double attack - but Huntress Does, so it's ok.

I like picture B, but A is growing on me - especially since it is closer to the mini.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; April 10th, 2010 at 02:31 AM.
Old April 10th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I know my suggestion changes the function - as I suggested in my post, I think the mechanics might need to be changed to streamline them a bit. I get the theme behind the current mechanics, but I think a little bit too much is going on right now, honestly.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 10th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Is this any better?

CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 5. Attack Special
When Huntress attacks with Crossbow special attack, she may choose to do one of the following:
  • Attack 2 times with 3 attack dice.
  • Attack 1 time with 5 attack dice if she targets an opponent's figure that is 2 spaces away.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:25 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
If Huntress attacks an non-adjacent figure with Crossbow Special Attack, she may attack 1 additional time. If Huntress attacks a figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Huntress, she may roll 2 additional attack dice.

How's this?

RECKLESSNESS
If Huntress is not adjacent to any friendly figures and is engaged with at least one enemy figure, add 1 to her normal attack and subtract 1 from her normal defense.

Fixed wording a bit.

I like her concept. Really strikes me. I vote comic art B, but I think we neeed a better figure picture.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Is this any better?

CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 5. Attack Special
When Huntress attacks with Crossbow special attack, she may choose to do one of the following:
  • Attack 1 time with 5 attack dice if she targets an opponent's figure that is 2 spaces away.
Which do you like better?
Quote:
CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3+

When Huntress attacks a figure that is two spaces away, add 2 attack dice to her Crossbow Special Attack. After attacking with Crossbow Special Attack, Huntress may attack with her Crossbow Special Attack one additional time.
Old April 10th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
If Huntress attacks an non-adjacent figure with Crossbow Special Attack, she may attack 1 additional time. If Huntress attacks a figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Huntress, she may roll 2 additional attack dice.

How's this?

RECKLESSNESS
If Huntress is not adjacent to any friendly figures and is engaged with at least one enemy figure, add 1 to her normal attack and subtract 1 from her normal defense.

Fixed wording a bit.

I like her concept. Really strikes me. I vote comic art B, but I think we neeed a better figure picture.
For her Crossbow attack, I don't want it to be within 2 spaces, I want it to be exactly 2 spaces. Otherwise it would kind of mess up the point of her Reckless power of sacrifice 1 def for 1 better attack. It also should help display her potential for recklessness if she chooses to get 2 spaces away from an opponent to attack instead of perhaps being in a safer position 5 spaces away. It would also allow for the player controlling her to decide to take a leaving engagement attack to disengage an opponent with Counterstrike, in order to A) bypass Counterstrike with a Special Attack and B) perhaps get her adjacent to a friendly figure so that she'll have better defense if opponent chooses to move to engage and attack her the following turn.

Also, regarding Reckless. I put "normal" attack because she has a special attack and there needed to be that distinction. I don't believe that "normal" would be necessary for defense since she only has a normal defense.

I agree that I kind of like comic art B as well. We will get a better figure picture for sure, but when initially starting a design thread, the clix picture is fine. The figure picture for the card will be taken later and will definitely be better.

Thanks for the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Is this any better?

CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 5. Attack Special
Quote:
CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3+

When Huntress attacks a figure that is two spaces away, add 2 attack dice to her Crossbow Special Attack. After attacking with Crossbow Special Attack, Huntress may attack with her Crossbow Special Attack one additional time.
I like Bat's version better, but I was kind of confused by his last comment about whether he thought there was too much going on. I didn't know if he meant with his fix or with the original. So that's why I offered the different version.

I don't mind the change mechanically and actually prefer her getting 2 attacks of 5 at the 2 space distance. I would have done that originally, but I was worried that others might question whether it was too much. I really like it though as I think that for one thing, it will help get her cost up to where I think it should be and also because there will also be a greater reward for her risk of getting up close and personal with the Crossbow.

Old April 10th, 2010, 09:50 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Special attacksaren't affected by Recklessness though.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 10th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Special attacksaren't affected by Recklessness though.

I know . I didn't mean that she would get a +1 to her Crossbow Special Attack if she were engaged. She'd still only get the 5 attack but her def would still go down to 3 while engaged. Aside from the fact that it would be a special attack that would bypass Counterstrike and other special defenses, it would still be an attack of 5.

My intention was to make the 5 attack with the Crossbow something that wouldn't always be easy and force the controlling player to make decisions as to how much risk they want to take. Also, she's a badass fighter and it would lose something to me themewise if she would use her Crossbow while adjacent all the time, where the only reason to use her normal attack would be if she had height advantage.

Old April 10th, 2010, 10:50 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Some other art suggestions...

A
B
C
D Might need a little editing...
Old April 10th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks Whitestuff.

I don't see anything that needs editing with option D.

Old April 10th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Is this any better?

CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 5. Attack Special
Quote:
CROSSBOW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3+

I agree these are definitely the best two options. Like Hahma, I lean a bit towards the second as well, because I don't mind her getting off two attacks of 5 if she can only do it against a target exactly two spaces away. She has no disengage power, so her ability to consistently get off those attacks is going to be limited (which is good).
In the second version, she'd be able to use two special attacks of 3 when adjacent, but I think it will be a good tactical decision between that and her normal attack - especially if her normal attack is being buffed by her Recklessness.
Hmm ... what do you think about the name "Reckless Engagement" for her power, Hahma? Or do you prefer just straight up Recklessness (just brainstorming here, feel free not to take me too seriously if you aren't feeling it).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library