Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old June 18th, 2008, 12:18 AM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
More trees? Pretty cheap custom.

It has been a long while since I've posted any customs. I haven't worked on much except converting some trees into heroscape customs.

This is what I started with. It is a $3.00 fake Bonsai that I found at Walgreens. The hardest part was yanking it out of the plaster that it sits in. I don't have a tutorial for this, but at the end of the pictures, I can give a quick overview.

This tree isn't 100% complete. I'm going to add some moss to the base to cover the glue.

This is a completed tree.

I'll add some moss to the base of this as well.

A quickly thrown together map.

I started by taking the leaves off.

These bonsai trees where extremely difficult to get out of the plaster that they sit in when you are trying not to break anything. I cut the bottom so they'd sit flat on the tile, mixed up some epoxy glue and held them together.

I then proceeded to paint the tree a darker brown and dry brush a lighter color, in this case it was "mushroom." I sprayed a coat of Matte clear coat to protect the paint.

Put the leaves back on, put some moss around the base and you are good to go. Some of these bonsai come with moss, so all you'll have to do is cut it up to size and glue it on there. You don't even need to buy moss.

Well, I hope you like. I've got a few more of these trees in the making.
Old June 18th, 2008, 01:54 AM

beanreal is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: More trees? Pretty cheap custom.

Nice. Those are pretty sweet trees. I might need to visit my local Walgreens and see if they have any.

it's beanreal. (blog) (customs thread)
Old June 18th, 2008, 05:57 AM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Very nice. I'll need to run by Walgreens today!
Old June 18th, 2008, 08:29 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm with you. Walgreen's, here I come!
Wulf
Old June 19th, 2008, 11:42 AM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Got get to walgreens.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old June 19th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nice job on the trees!! Thanks for posting the pics and the how-to.

Newb.
Old June 19th, 2008, 04:13 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post
Nice job on the trees!! Thanks for posting the pics and the how-to.

Newb.
You're welcome. They look really nice on a good map with figures through out. The bends on them are taller then 28mm, so most figures fit under there quite nicely. I wonder what the Fyorlag Spiders would look like in there?
Old June 19th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

What do you think about bringing your trees on Saturday? We could incorporate them in to one of the maps and even use the Jungle trees rules with them.

Very nicely done.
Old June 19th, 2008, 04:29 PM

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
What do you think about bringing your trees on Saturday? We could incorporate them in to one of the maps and even use the Jungle trees rules with them.

Very nicely done.
Of course, this means there should be copious amount of pictures (of the maps...) taken too!

Newb.
Old June 19th, 2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post

Very nicely done.
Of course, this means there should be copious amount of pictures (of the maps...) taken too!

Newb.
Cav,
I can bring them for sure. I'll finish them up this evening. All I have to do is put moss on the two bases and they will be finished.

Lilnewbie,
I don't know if you've read the AZ June 21st event thread, but I do have enough batteries for copious amounts of pictures. I also cleared out the memory card.
Old June 19th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

[Mr. Burns]Excellent[/Mr. Burns]

Newb, we promise lots of pics in the event recap
Old June 19th, 2008, 04:58 PM

[Cartman]Sweet!![/Cartman]

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles