Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 21st, 2012, 05:56 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Chitauri ARE the Marro!

Warning, if you haven't seen The Avengers yet, you probably should not read this post. And you should get your head checked. What are you waiting for? This is definitely the best movie of the year and in the running for best comic book movie of all time. I took my wife to it for her birthday and she only mildly resented me.

Now back to what I want to talk about. Imagine the Marro 10,000 years in their future. They already are a hive mind race adapt at gene-splicing with their flesh merged with weapons. What will they look like?

I'd imagine... they would have started melding metal with their flesh in order to survive in outerspace. Maybe supersized Wo-Sa-Ga so that she could fly, and what would you have? What those writers of The Avengers call the Chitauri. They even look alike except for the skin tone, obvious attempt to avoid lawsuits. The second I saw them in the movie I thought--Marro warriors, on steroids!

I suspect the writers are actually closet Heroscape fans, and really upset that Hasbro isn't owned by Disney. So they changed them a little, enough to make Utgar start drooling again.

So what do you think? Are the Chitauri advanced Marros? Is there ANY reason to think they aren't actually the same race?? Do you think Utgar is going to ressurect Heroscape so he can get some of these guys in his army?
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:45 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation
Re: The Chitauri ARE the Marro!

ROFL - Why didn't I think of that? I kept thinking "These guys don't look like Skrulls" while I was watching the movie! I gotta admit, there never was a movie that made me want to play Heroscape as much as "Avengers!"
I really like the Marro. I think they're one of the most imaginitive unique bits of the HS milieu. Such cool scupts, good stats and creative ecology make them favorites of mine.

Not one step backwards!
Old May 21st, 2012, 07:53 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Are there any hero-clix sized units coming out in the foreseeable future?
Old May 21st, 2012, 09:26 AM

ZAKOVANI is surprisingly tart

This reminds me of the fact that there is nothing that says Halo and Star Wars aren't in the same canon universe....... so pretty much, nothing states that it is impossible so, why not? Chitauri Marro...... yum........

(Haha.)
Old May 21st, 2012, 10:09 AM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Maybe something like this?

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old May 21st, 2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwholives View Post
Maybe something like this?
Yay, the Chitaurro are incoming!
Old May 21st, 2012, 12:59 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWeaver View Post
ROFL - Why didn't I think of that? I kept thinking "These guys don't look like Skrulls".
I think another studio got the rights to the Skrulls along with the Fantastic 4 characters so they had to call then Chitari in the Avengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKOVANI View Post
This reminds me of the fact that there is nothing that says Halo and Star Wars aren't in the same canon universe.......
You know George Lucas planned a Star Wars/Willow crossover. Bavmorda the witch was supposed to be a dark force user.
Old May 21st, 2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
ROFL - Why didn't I think of that? I kept thinking "These guys don't look like Skrulls".
I think another studio got the rights to the Skrulls along with the Fantastic 4 characters so they had to call then Chitari in the Avengers.

Quote:
This reminds me of the fact that there is nothing that says Halo and Star Wars aren't in the same canon universe.......
You know George Lucas planned a Star Wars/Willow crossover. Bavmorda the witch was supposed to be a dark force user.
I did not know that, but now I do.

Last edited by ZAKOVANI; May 21st, 2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old May 21st, 2012, 05:42 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

There's a pro-mixing argument if I've ever read one!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 21st, 2012, 06:02 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Indeed, the Chitari are the Marvel Ultimate Universe versions of the Skrulls, except that only a few of them can shapeshift, while all Skrulls can.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 21st, 2012, 08:08 PM

I actually think the name Chitaurro is pretty catchy....
Old May 21st, 2012, 09:01 PM

blooded scion is surprisingly tart

When ever people said marvel doesn't mix I was really,really...really.I had my son crushing the marro forces with the hulk.
Superheroes vs Aliens
Vikings vs Aliens

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion