Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old January 17th, 2013, 10:17 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Trash to Treasure Custom Terrain Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Question. The Submission guidelines say that it an take up no more than 7 hexes. I assume they don't need to be connected, but, if they were to be in a weird formation, and connected by something that passed over other hexes without blocking them is this permissible?

EDIT: Kinda similar to your plastic eggs, but with the connecting tendrils well of the ground.
I thought this question would come up. I should have made it clear to start with. Thanks for asking.

Yes, that would be fine as long as the terrain base/foundation uses on no more than 7 hexes. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I keep getting ideas but have yet to flesh any of them out.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:17 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
I keep getting ideas but have yet to flesh any of them out.
The brainstorming phase can be a fun, yet frustrating part of the design process. Write down or sketch down all of your ideas. You may find that helps you in the fleshing out part. Sometimes once I sketch it out I see that my ambitions for a particular design exceed my skills or materials on hand. Other times I find that combining a couple of different concepts gives something even better than what I had originally thought up.

Anyhow, I hope you are able to find a design you really like that you can put yourself into.
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:38 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

-insert signature here-
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:18 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm going on a 2 hour plane ride so I might be doing some sketching then!

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:31 PM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

The rules didn't answer this so what is the ruling regarding other pieces. Say figures, etc? Can we include figures or whole figure in the design? What about other materials? Outside of the no prebuilt pieces are there any restrictions to materials used?
Old January 18th, 2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDVincent View Post
The rules didn't answer this so what is the ruling regarding other pieces. Say figures, etc? Can we include figures or whole figure in the design? What about other materials? Outside of the no prebuilt pieces are there any restrictions to materials used?
Nope, other than pre-cast structures there are no restrictions on what materials you can use. Just remember to make sure that the other materials don't overshadow the assigned materials.
Old January 18th, 2013, 07:22 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I have not yet come up with an idea that has really excited me. A few thoughts for stuff that could work but not really pumped up for any of them. Hopefully I'll get inspired for something cool to make before it is too late to get it made in time.
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:53 PM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

There's no restriction on themes right? And I can make the 7 hexes part of the design as well correct?
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDVincent View Post
There's no restriction on themes right? And I can make the 7 hexes part of the design as well correct?
Pretty much if the OP doesn't restrict it or prohibit it, you can go for it. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:21 AM

One week down, five to go.

Still plenty of time to get your entry started and finished before the deadline on Feb. 25.

Remember, there is a $15 Auggies gift card at stake here!
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:55 AM

Two weeks down, four to go.

If you haven't started on your entry yet, you still have time to shoot for your chance at a $15 Auggie's gift card.

Remember, the deadline to get your entry in is Feb. 25.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games