Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 26th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Adam Warlock - public playtesting

Also, could we get an answer on the question I asked in Mirror Test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
You can roll randomly to see what OMs to select. Not as good as playing an actual opponent but it helps.
I know, and I have used random number generators for OM removers before, but I'm still a little on the reluctant side to test something like that when it feels like such a big deal. I'd rather see it tested under real-game conditions.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 26th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I think what L_O means is that she playtests by herself, and using Joker's power realistically hinges on not having perfect knowledge of your opponent's OMs.
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean - the inability to account for that imperfect knowledge makes it difficult to get an authentic experience, and with something this key, that's a problem.
Right, my point was that you play him against a build that places OMs very predictably (like builds around a hub that wants the X OM, like Professor X or Heinrich Zemo) and you can pretty effectively mitigate the imperfect knowledge issue and just pick OMs off the hub's card by RNG/die rolls.

If you really want to see Joker/Adam tested outside a soloscape environment, I can't do much there myself, but we could maybe try and schedule an online game?

Also, the answer to the Mirror test question is a roll-off. Already established for multiple 'put that destroyed figure on X card' type effects (Soul Gem, Ghost Rider, Pluto).
Old December 11th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

If you really want to see Joker/Adam tested outside a soloscape environment, I can't do much there myself, but we could maybe try and schedule an online game?
Sorry - must have missed this!

I'm afraid I can't promise anything until mid-to-late January - maybe not even then, since we're hoping to get that tourney together. (Hoping we could get some movement going there.)

It's probably not a big deal anyway, if dok's not concerned - just my paranoia because I've been burned by Joker one too many times.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 24th, 2017, 03:23 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Adam Warlock

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Adam Warlock(380), Thor(430), Oracle(110) (920)
vs.
Warriors Three(920)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Custom
Units:
Adam Warlock(390), Thor(430), Oracle(110) (930)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Iron Fist(260), Shang-Chi(230), Spider-Man(250) (930)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: He's definitely a cool design, and each of his powers seem like a really fun take on the mechanics. He's a good solo draft, and can be even better in the right circumstances. Pairing with Oracle for an even better initiative boost and an additional once per round auto skull, which can be combined with his own, is pretty great. He suffers in the same way several figures do, in that if he is targeted by the enemies as their main focus, his MotSG power can struggle to see its use. Overall I'm a fan of the design, and he came out with 2 close wins. I'd say cost wise he's pretty dead on. I'd say a bump to 400 couldn't hurt, but 390 doesn't seem off either.
Old January 2nd, 2018, 10:23 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

What's the status here? @dok
Old January 3rd, 2018, 12:19 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Adam Warlock - initial playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I got some pictures of my Adam Warlock if they're of any use:

Spoiler Alert!
SSG1 can we get a re-post of these somewhere outside of photobucket hell? Sorry for the trouble.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 12:22 AM

I'll get the card going.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 12:29 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Adam Warlock - initial playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I got some pictures of my Adam Warlock if they're of any use:

Spoiler Alert!
SSG1 can we get a re-post of these somewhere outside of photobucket hell? Sorry for the trouble.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Emn...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gn8...ew?usp=sharing

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 3rd, 2018, 12:31 AM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Thanks for kicking me to get this one moving down the home stretch, Arkham. I've been glad to work this design back here in the Danger Room where it's not holding anyone else's designs up. I've been a bit frustrated by the lack of volunteers from the outside, but all three of you gave me really good tests, which I have now taken the time to review in full (and link in the first post).

I'm quite pleased with the playstyle and how the powers are working, and others seem to feel the same way, so that's good.

He does seem to be trending a bit too high on the power curve, although it's not dramatic. He went 4-2 in the test games with the latest version, and while several games were close, the only blowout was in Warlock's favor. I agree that a bump to 400 is prudent. I'd also entertain notions of turning one of the many other dials we have - lowering the range on either Infinty Watch or MotSG by a space, or raising the cutoff for MotSG to 11 or 12 - if anyone thinks those are good moves. I don't want to change his gameplay too much, though.

The more I think about it, the less concerned I am about the Joker interaction. I honestly think Joker is better with Heimdall, who I am happy to use without any other Asgardians. If we do want any final tests with an updated point total or other small tweaks, we can go with a Joker build, but personally I'm not worried.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 12:37 AM

I bumped the price to 400 for now as that seems uncontroversial.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I'll get the card going.
Sweet. I put the comic images in roughly my order of personal preference, FWIW.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 12:40 AM

I'm a fan of the character and the design you've created for him. I only apologize for not jumping on to playtest him sooner to get it going quicker. I hate to see a design sitting for so long. So I'm glad to see it nearing the finish line.

As for tweaks to the design, I'd be in favor of a simple point bump. I think it plays great and is a lot of fun.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 12:59 AM

@dok
Let me know which color scheme you like best with the first art you chose:
Spoiler Alert!

Also, I updated your art post with the mini background I'll be using:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; January 3rd, 2018 at 02:05 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library