Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old November 16th, 2011, 11:53 PM

Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Players who got hooked through Marvelscape.

Add me to the list. I bought a Marvel set on discount from Wal Mart and was hooked. The next week I went back and bought the four booster packs they had for classic. Since then I have amassed all master sets and tons of expansions, and have been customing a lot since.

And PS: I have always thought clix was a good idea, but a horrible game. Sorry anybody.
Old November 17th, 2011, 05:16 PM

saywhat knows what's in an order marker saywhat knows what's in an order marker

I am here because of Marvelscape. Several years back now, I was at the local game shop and was set out to buy a new game. Two games caught my eye that day both Marvel themed. One was Marvelscape and the other was Marvel Heroes published by FFG. It was the modular hex board and seemingly better quality figures that settled my choice to purchase Marvelscape. I have never regretted that decision once (especially after finally getting a used copy of the other game years latter). It has been a blast collecting this game and getting the family hooked. My 9 year old daughter and I have fun making custom figures and my 6 year old son likes building themed maps with me. And my wife loves to play as well.

Last edited by saywhat; September 29th, 2013 at 03:19 AM.
Old November 17th, 2011, 11:43 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Crypto-Knight, I agree that Heroclix is a poor game, but a godsend for those of us who make Superscape customs from its minis.

Saywhat, I'm always glad to add Site Supporters to this list, since they represent a concrete, measurable addition to our hobby.

Thanks for posting!
Old November 18th, 2011, 12:11 AM

Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Sherman Davies, for some reason I have yet to fathom even myself, the only Marvel customs I really want are the ten characters who were on the unreleased official slate. I dunno. Makes no sense to me, either. That said, I did end up with zombie Giant Man that I customed into regular living Giant Man. That was fun and I'll get the stats for him. (Wish I had before and after pics.) I am however really impressed with the nearly perfect effort you fellows put into MarvelScape.

Your shirts are awesome.
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:22 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Shirts? Do you mean the Multiple Man shirts in my avatar? If so, I only own one of those shirts, unless of course I am both of the people pictured and have been two people sharing an account this whole time.
Old November 21st, 2011, 05:45 PM

Exactly, Sherman! So when Multiple Man plays HeroScape with himself, does he always win -- or always lose?

I'll quit clogging up your thread with my prattle now.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:57 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I still like that there are new people in this thread all the time!
Old November 22nd, 2011, 09:38 AM

Me too - I think that'll continue for a while since the Marvel set (and the D&D set) are the more commonly available master sets now, so many new players will be introduced to the game through them.
Old December 12th, 2011, 06:45 PM

lwayman is surprisingly tart

We have new people starting quite frequently and the last new guy started with a Marvel Master Set and he was a former Heroclix player like I was. His comment to me was "I wondered where you all went, and now I know and I know why." "Heroscape is a cool game glad to be here with you guys again." He also introduced the game too his two boys and they seem to like it too. So yeah it is still catching on!
Old December 12th, 2011, 09:41 PM

I hope you showed him some of the awesome Superscape customs on this site - they help this game blow Heroclix away.

I also think it's funny that you have 7 posts in 3 years and 4 of them are in this thread.
Old January 24th, 2012, 11:27 AM

lwayman is surprisingly tart

Well what can I say, Marvelscape is my whole reason for playing. Every team I build is Superhero/Villain themed. I took 1st place in our National Heroscape day tournamanet a couple of months back with the following team:

Captain America & 2 squads of Samurai Archers
(See in my mind Cap was leading a group of Samurai Freedom Fighters in preventing an army from attacking their nearby village.)

I also took second place this month at our local monthly tourament with;

Iron Man, 3 Iron Golems, and Isamu
(My thoughts here were Isamu needed help protecting his peoples and contacted Iron Man who then built the Iron Golems to help him protect the peoples from the coming dangers. Whew good thing we engaged them away from the populated areas so no citzens were harmed.)

Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!

And besides I like this thread it is a very hopeful thread.

I didn't show him the customs stuff but I did discuss ways for him to flesh out his collection.
Old January 24th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
I love this! So true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion