Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 22nd, 2015, 06:22 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Personally, I dislike terrain only expansions. Even including exactly one figure is tremendously more enriching to me. That was my major gripe with the Fortress. I wish it had a guard, archer, Kyrie, gatekeeper, or something.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old February 24th, 2015, 08:18 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Personally, I dislike terrain only expansions. Even including exactly one figure is tremendously more enriching to me. That was my major gripe with the Fortress. I wish it had a guard, archer, Kyrie, gatekeeper, or something.
Me too but I bought 3 of 'em.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; February 24th, 2015 at 08:19 PM. Reason: I suspect I'd buy more of a desert terrain.
Old February 24th, 2015, 10:45 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Exactly! I would really like it if they bothered to give it a seige unit, like a catapult or battering ram. The figure in the set is like a specialty unit, ment door this map alone. The fort had none of these, but it's still an amazing fort!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old February 27th, 2015, 09:40 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Poor Fortress Door! He never gets treated like a real hero...

It's okay, buddy! I know you are a real figure, you just have special movement restrictions like the Hive.

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; February 27th, 2015 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Now can somebody Photoshop a sad face on the Fortress Door army card please?
Old February 27th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Fortress door is treated like a real hero. He/it got a ton of votes in the UBR a few years back!

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old February 27th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Quote:
Exactly! I would really like it if they bothered to give it a seige unit, like a catapult or battering ram. The figure in the set is like a specialty unit, ment door this map alone. The fort had none of these, but it's still an amazing fort!
Terrain only expansions > no expansions.
Gimme a desert set!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old February 28th, 2015, 02:32 PM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation

the game reminds me in a way like mage wars with mimiatures.one wizzard who cast different spectral monsters in a tourment.

like a yugi-oh battel the monster fight und if its possible damage the human wizzard.
but in such game rules are the A and O. heroscape was a pure battlegame with no rules the armys smash down how stands in their way.

but the it seems cast demos spend mana for the actions if you out of mana puff and they were gone. ^^

expansions, new charakters and more cast monsters. maybe dragons ^^
Old March 4th, 2015, 10:43 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Does anyone know why Master Set 4 doesn't say 'Heroscape' on it?

The last two licensed sets still said 'Heroscape' on the cover.

Based on Gary's post, it seems directly compatible.

Planeswalker-based armies appear to high-risk, high-reward type setups.

Your initial army is just your one unit, requiring you to spend a few turns actually making your army appear, but each planeswalker unit comes with a number of apparently one-off abilities, a feature not seen before.

Morsbane'll have a field day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old March 5th, 2015, 09:32 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation

i think it is different, they try to present the ppl a mage wars arena game.with spirit monsters.
and not a big landscape battelfield.

even in future flying monsters will komme, or water, lava. even expansions with new magicans that have rocks for cover in it.
Old March 5th, 2015, 03:27 PM

theats has disabled reputation

It seems I have missed an awful lot in my year or so of being dormant.

I read about 20 pages of this thread, and have surmised this:

First, I am glad this community is still alive and well, even if many, such as myself, only tag along when something arises, such as this game, or the concept of using Microsoft Hololens for some form of gaming.

In regards to the MTG game, I see it as a spiritual successor to Heroscape, a la Heroscape 2.0 as others have stated earlier. I don't see Heroscape Classic coming back, though I could see it being relaunched with the game mechanics that will be implemented in this game.

I don't think it would be much a stretch to compare the Planeswalkers to the Archkyrie, and I also concur that the value of terrain is going to go through the roof.

Does anyone have a link to more information about the game proper? Have any products aside for the main set been announced?

Theophilus.
Old March 5th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No real news yet.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...-title-box-art
IGN claims the retail price will be merely $30, at which point its an insta-buy for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old March 6th, 2015, 12:53 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dra(gon) View Post
i think it is different, they try to present the ppl a mage wars arena game.with spirit monsters.
and not a big landscape battelfield.

even in future flying monsters will komme, or water, lava. even expansions with new magicans that have rocks for cover in it.
Das wäre toll / That would be awesome.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion