Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Why Do You Think That Marro Are So Popular?
They are original to HS. 9 32.14%
They are diverse. 1 3.57%
They bond well with each other. 0 0%
They look awesome! 1 3.57%
Cheap and effective. 6 21.43%
Regenerative abilities. 0 0%
A combination of these. 11 39.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 20th, 2009, 09:15 PM

Duckman Woo who?
Why Do You Think That Marro Are So Popular?

This is my first poll so if i mess up constructive crititism would be helpful!

Marro are one of the most popular specieses (sp). I like Marro because they easily overwhelm your enemy and the can regenerate, making them something hard to get rid of. But with the surge of new Marro brought by SotM that made me wonder why the Marro are so popular with HSers.

I would like you to explain the answer so that others can understand your point of view.

Thank you for voting on a noob's first thread!
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:16 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Why Do You Think That Marro Are So Popular?

Where is the poll?

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:18 PM

That Guy0715 is surprisingly tart

There is no poll.
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:23 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

First of all, wrong section.

Second? I think the Marro represent Heroscape itself. Many have said that the Marro are the only original Scape species. I also think the Marro represent some very interesting armies, most of which involve the swarm* tactic, and some of which hail to one giant monster that does all the hard work.

*By swarm I mean something like the Drones or an army of x7 Stingers where a loss of one guy really means very little.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site again, my little brother!

I don't like the Marro that much, that's why he has them all.

I would have to say that they are original to Heroscape, that's why they are so popular.

MegaSilver
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:45 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I think that the reason they are popular is because they are original to Heroscape, which gives WotC the creative license to do whatever they want. So that makes it possible for regenerative abilities and hives with limitless possibilities.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old September 20th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

1) There are very many of them. I could ask, "Why are humans so popular?" Same kind of deal.
2) They have units to fit every play style.
3) They are friggin' aliens firin' mah lazors!
Old September 21st, 2009, 03:14 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You are missing some options there, especially an "other." I like to use them because they slaughter. They are also somewhat swarm-based but have serious offensive power nonetheless, in the form of TKN+Grubs or Stingers.
Old September 21st, 2009, 03:18 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I don't think they really are, so I did not vote.
They are merely one of the options that few people go crazy for and the rest of us buy them cause they are more scape. I think you could ask the same question for humans, soul borg, dragon, etc and get similar responses.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; September 21st, 2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old September 21st, 2009, 03:24 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

If they're popular at all, it's because they had an entire master set devoted to them.

Marro are probably the main antagonists of the Heroscape world, so there are a lot of them and they can do some crazy stuff. Plus, Marro Stingers are one of the strongest units to date in tourney play, and most players have them because of the SotM Master Set.

I'm hoping to make the Marro even more popular by playing with (and hopefully winning with) the Hive on NHSD. That thing gets a bad wrap.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 21st, 2009, 03:29 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Basically, since the Marro are aliens that Heroscape created, they can be whatever they want, and can therefore, suit everyone's likes. If you like competitive units, take the stingers, If you like the random fun of the D20, take the drones. If you want a big menacing monster, Tor-Kul-Na's your answer.

What I'm trying to say is, with other units, like Kyrie, all of them have flying. If you think flying is a waste of points, chances are you don't like Kyrie (except Raelin, everyone loves her). If you don't like range...cough...MM...cough...then chances are you don't like Agents.

However, the Marro, like the Humans suit everyone's needs: range, melee, flying (so far just SBN, but I'm hoping for others), bonding, etc.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units