Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 23rd, 2023, 10:32 AM

Bonesaw knows what's in an order marker Bonesaw knows what's in an order marker
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Won't go anywhere near this and will condemn it to my large group of players based strictly on it's connection to Hasbro. I hope Hasbro disintegrates into dust after all the money-grubbing garbage and insults they have doled out in recent times.

Further, the whole "painted minis are too expensive to make these days" messaging that they are peddling is a steamy pile of maggot-infested BS. It's clearly a scheme to get you to buy their garbage at a high price at lower cost to them to maximize their profits. Otherwise, explain to me what has changed raw materials and process-wise besides general inflation that affects everything and we all expect compared to the original run? How are all these other manufactured products that involve a process and paint-jobs not abandoning their paint-jobs?

Besides, these overly detailed unpainted figs look like garbage. The more ridiculous amount of detail in structure the more differentiation you need in the form of colors and shading to even tell what you are looking at.

Old June 23rd, 2023, 10:45 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don’t think Renegade has made any comments at all about painting. But you are clearly uninterested regardless, so there’s probably not much left for you to contribute to this thread.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 23rd, 2023, 12:58 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
It is worth noting Hasbro didn't just hand over the IP, renegade must have had to pay for it. You don't buy something you intend to waste. Renegade has enough experience that I doubt the plan is to produce a bunch of crap and hope it sells - additionally unlike a CCC where printing cards is fairly cheap, a production run of the amount of plastic in a typical heroscape box is a significant sunken cost.
I appreciate the positive and insightful outlook. This is a very plastic heavy game compared to other renegade products, so the sink is going to be a lot more than their other products. I’m not so much worried about the minis given they have a decent track record on those, but I do worry about the quality of materials. Probably not best to stress about these things until we see the product though I’m near certain they will aim to be as good as OG scape, otherwise it’s not going to be worth what they ask for
Old June 23rd, 2023, 01:35 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
It is worth noting Hasbro didn't just hand over the IP, renegade must have had to pay for it. You don't buy something you intend to waste. Renegade has enough experience that I doubt the plan is to produce a bunch of crap and hope it sells - additionally unlike a CCC where printing cards is fairly cheap, a production run of the amount of plastic in a typical heroscape box is a significant sunken cost.
I appreciate the positive and insightful outlook. This is a very plastic heavy game compared to other renegade products, so the sink is going to be a lot more than their other products. I’m not so much worried about the minis given they have a decent track record on those, but I do worry about the quality of materials. Probably not best to stress about these things until we see the product though I’m near certain they will aim to be as good as OG scape, otherwise it’s not going to be worth what they ask for
Also I bet they need to meet certain quality. Michael bay not withstanding, Hasbro would prefer Thier ip not tied to garbage.

When trying to figure out companies normally you follow the money. Virtually all decisions have the be justified. Some times the business analysts if crap and filled with bias and wrong assumptions, but if money is going to be spent there should be a reason.

Take the card shape. There is no doubt debate if changing to square makes more sense. They have to weigh the cost of specialty die (especially if the originals are gone) vs turning off old players vs the sales potential of the innovative design. It actually is likely a tough decision, that is not made lightly.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; June 23rd, 2023 at 01:56 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2023, 07:43 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker

If this new scape is anything other than classic heroscape I’ll most certainly not be interested. I’ll be happy for those of you that get to enjoy it but it just won’t be for me. Looking forward to how it turns out. Still not happy with hasbro. At the very least I’ll be interested in terrain only packs.

Long live Heroscape.
Old June 23rd, 2023, 07:48 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by champrjk View Post
If this new scape is anything other than classic heroscape I’ll most certainly not be interested. I’ll be happy for those of you that get to enjoy it but it just won’t be for me. Looking forward to how it turns out. Still not happy with hasbro. At the very least I’ll be interested in terrain only packs.
What type of terrain do you want most?
Old June 23rd, 2023, 07:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Since I'm also in it for the terrain, I'll give an answer to that one!

I mostly want more *shapes* of terrain for more interesting and varied map building. The dream is modular skyscrapers, though, of course, but I'll also go for anything modern looking.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 23rd, 2023, 07:57 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
Oh, I’d love to be able to just replace what I have. It’s getting rather brittle. But as for new stuff I’d love to see anything new honesty. More variety of vegetation and ruins for LOS blocking. Anything that promotes fun construction of creative map ideas. But mainly terrain that won’t break when you try to build with it. 😉

Long live Heroscape.
Old June 23rd, 2023, 10:59 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, I’d love to be able to just replace what I have. It’s getting rather brittle. But as for new stuff I’d love to see anything new honesty. More variety of vegetation and ruins for LOS blocking. Anything that promotes fun construction of creative map ideas. But mainly terrain that won’t break when you try to build with it. 😉
I'm on board with new, less worn terrain. I break two or three water tiles every time I take a map apart. I've even lost a couple of 24 hexes.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old June 24th, 2023, 02:00 PM

Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker

I´m excited for the NEW new Heroscape! Love that its coming back, especially without any crowdfunding this time around.
Hopefully its release is planned for Europe as well, it would really suck if its exclusive to North America.
Painting the figures is no problem for me, I´m 3D printing the stuff i don´t have anyway, so I already had some time to train. If they use the AOA stuff, I´d love if the somewhat simplified the sculpts a tiny bit to match the original HS aesthetics.
But I would much rather have faction packs with some basic terrain, just enough that two packs enable you to build a small map and play, and then terrain expansions plus common/hero packs to adjust your preferred playtime / experience, than the old master sets.
Old June 24th, 2023, 07:33 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm on board with new, less worn terrain. I break two or three water tiles every time I take a map apart. I've even lost a couple of 24 hexes.
I hear ya! I wanna let my kiddos build maps, cause that was always one of my favorite parts of Heroscape as a teen, but my terrain breaks so easily…
Old June 24th, 2023, 11:11 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Spoiler Alert!

I hear ya! I wanna let my kiddos build maps, cause that was always one of my favorite parts of Heroscape as a teen, but my terrain breaks so easily…
Very true! I was hesitant to let my adult siblings take the maps apart at the end of our recent tournament (I felt the need to demonstrate proper handling techniques). By the time my 18-month-old is old enough, we will have to copy museum protocol used when handling ancient parchment.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News