Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 6th, 2019, 07:05 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Owl (Public Playtesting)

So I went with your suggestion of Kingpin and Star-Lord armies, and he's not great. I'd definitely stick with Criminal synergies from here on out.

Wrecking Crew did have a darn good showing in these tests so it might have been a tiny bit closer, but he really just didn't pull his weight. I'd say 130-140 based on these, but a cheap-ish Crime Lord with 6 life that bonds with Street Thugs seems awesome and welcome.

I actually started by playing a game where the very first Order Marker, the Wrecking Crew took 6 turns. After killing Owl, and almost killing Kingpin, I just stopped rolling and started over. Never seen that luck from them, haha!

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: OWL

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Owl,Kingpin, Tomoe Gozan, Winter Soldier (795)
Vs.
Wrecking Crew (800)

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Owl, Captain America, Star Lord, Blink (800)

Vs.

Wrecking Crew

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Not good in random armies. In general I wanted to use ANYONE else other than him. Sure he has a cool attack, but I’d rather have double attack or something. In Criminal armies as a bonding target for Street Thugs I could see much more use.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
He’s cool, but that’s it. Nothing too crazy. His claws SEEM cool, but every single time they activated for me was when he didn’t roll a single skull. Even so him rolling two blanks and two skulls is pretty darn rare, and possibly the best outcome (Outside of attack boosts). Glide is also cool, but situational. Once he does it once, however, he’s pretty much stuck where he is, unless he’s on a map with crazy terrain. He doesn’t have an easy way to climb up, either.
So essentially, his two powers, while cool, are fairly situational. His real saving grace is his synergy opportunities and his 6 life (Which is ALWAYS welcome).

Old July 6th, 2019, 07:07 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I'm using my old laptop and the browser is adding spoiler in random places. I remember that happening years ago, weird.
Old July 6th, 2019, 07:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That happened to me today. I think it may have to do with the spoiler tags being in bold. That is where it happened to me.
However I do not think it can be fixed by un-bolding. Once done it does not want to be removed.
Old July 6th, 2019, 08:02 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Are you guys using the "advanced" editor, or the good ol' BBCode one? Never had any issue just doing the BBCode myself.
Old July 6th, 2019, 08:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I have no idea what that means.
Old July 6th, 2019, 08:16 PM
...has moist legs

Haha yeah it’s a template I have saved on my google drive. It has all the tags already inserted so I just edit the text for each test. It works fine on my desktop or work computer, but my laptop is old.
Old July 6th, 2019, 08:25 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

You might want to update your play test to specify you're using Kingpin I and not Kingpin II, @Lord Pyre . Kinda obvious from the build, but still wouldn't hurt.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 6th, 2019, 08:41 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I have no idea what that means.
BBCode is just the mark-up language that the forum (and a lot of other forums) use. Tags like [ B ] and [ COLOR="Red" ] and so on. (but without the spaces)

There are two text editor modes on HSers: one where you can actually see the BBCode as you type, and one that doesn't display the BBCode, but hides it and displays the formatted result instead.

I use the former, and sometimes when I update OPs I see really wacky formatting where multiple redundant BBCode tags are being used around the same text. Never been sure about the cause, but I've always been suspicious of the editor that doesn't show BBCode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Haha yeah it’s a template I have saved on my google drive. It has all the tags already inserted so I just edit the text for each test. It works fine on my desktop or work computer, but my laptop is old.
Looks like you've got a lot of extra font and color tags in the Owl test that the Nightwing test doesn't have (Nightwing also doesn't have the weird double-spoiers, so the comparison seemed relevant).

The color/font tags are all just for black arial font, which is some very default formatting, so I assume that's just accidentally getting copied over somehow when you use your laptop (and that this formatting somehow messes with the spoiler tags).

Something you could try is dropping your text into a plain text file and then copying it from the text file into HSers instead of going straight from the Google Doc to HSers. Might strip out any formatting that your laptop is trying to apply to it.
Old July 6th, 2019, 08:44 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
You might want to update your play test to specify you're using Kingpin I and not Kingpin II, @Lord Pyre . Kinda obvious from the build, but still wouldn't hurt.
... there’s a Kingpin 2?

I’ll update when I’m close to a computer again. On my phone now!

And it’s weird that only my laptop causes that problem. I usually am not using it so shouldn’t be a problem most of the time. I use the Same document for every test though.
Old July 6th, 2019, 08:50 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Thanks for the tests LP! I wonder if he's not a better reserve unit. Send out some heavy hitters and then follow up with Owl. The map I played him on allowed him to take LEAs to gain height to swoop back in and that helped a lot.

Glad to see he isn't broken in a Cap/Star-Lord build. I'm alright with him being best as a factional piece. I think we just need to narrow in on cost now.
Old July 6th, 2019, 09:01 PM
...has moist legs

Yep, I know my tests weren’t the most useful, but shows he’s not overpowered! A better map would definitely help him! The one I played on is rather hard to get good height.
Old July 6th, 2019, 09:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

They were a good sanity check. Seems like he'll be best in Street Thug builds, which is good to know for further testing.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library