Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old March 27th, 2016, 11:32 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Last Wed I played 3x X-Wing games at my FLGS's weekly league event. I flew 3x Blue Sqd B's with Heavy Laser Cannons, 1 torpedo each, and Fire Control System...

#1. vs. John S., the Store Champion with a Punishing One, Mist Hunter, and Y-Wing with Twin Laser Turret. He tore me apart, but it's always fun and educational to play against him. He very effective used the Tractor Beam three times to barrel roll one of my B's onto an asteroid for damage or out of arc, so I wouldn't have a counter attack shot.

#2. vs. Matt, a young (20-ish) noob who flew a very similar (copycatted) list. I had learned my lesson from the previous game and concentrated my fires on the Y-Wing first to eliminate that blasted TLT. I still lost, but it was a much closer game. He only tried to use the Tractor Beam twice. Fist time it failed to 'Hit' and the second time it really didn't accomplish much more than annoy me that my ship was moved a bit, which proves that a more savvy player will utilize the TB to their advantage.

#3. vs. Garret a 30-ish decent above average player who was flying Ghost for the first time with I think a B-Wing as a sidekick. I took that out first while loosing one of my own before realizing that being too close to the Ghost was suicide. I surprised my opponent by disengaging, fleeing toward the opposite side of the map, clearing stress, K-turning, clearing stress again and then getting into a better position to do some damage. As the big ship caught up to my location, I was able to destroy it (YEA!), but only had one Hull left on my two B's with the tiny shuttle now behind both of my ships. If it hadn't bumped one of my B's when it launched out of the Ghost and failed it's K-turn, lost it's action, and also it's chance to shoot, I would have been in deep doo-doo. At 10 pm we called it a draw and packed up because the store was closing.

Lesson learned: the Ghost can absorb a lot of hits, but with ZERO Defense dice it is vulnerable and can be taken out.
I'm really looking forward to trying out the Ghost, it looks like a lot of fun. I am not looking forward to the inevitable countless Punishing One builds, that guy looks really scary.
Old March 28th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Been playing a lot of wave 8 recently.

Dengar w PtL, UA, EU, K4, and title is brutal. 9 green maneuvers w a free target lock and w barrel roll and boost you can be anywhere.

Trandoshan Slaver w Tactician, Bossk, Gunner, Title
Ruthless Freelancer w Tactician and FCS x 2

The last game I played I think I handed out close to 20 stress.

Kannan Jarrus w Adv Sensors, Rec Spec x 2, Ghost
Poe w Draw their Fire, R5P3, IA
Zeb, Phantom

Kanan's ability to make your opponent roll less dice is awesome. Poe takes the crits with draw their fire and regens w the droid. Tore apart an aces list with it last night. Thinking about dropping Poe to a Red Vet so I can fit a turret on the ghost to take advantage of the two titles.

Contracted Scout w Intimidation, UA, Intel Agent, Anti-Pursuit Lasers, FA x 3.

See where they are going w Intel Agent. Barrel roll in the way. Anti-Pursuit kicks in as does Intimidation. The others shoot while the opponent gets -1 defense. And of Course FA lets hit the guy you are touching as well.

Anyway, that's what I've tried so far. Will be playing my shuttles w Electronic Baffle at an event Fri. Though that Kannan list was brutal. I am tempted to play it at the event, but I gotta rep the Shuttles!!!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old April 14th, 2016, 02:31 PM

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

New shuttle list:

OGP w FCS and Tactician x 3
Yorr w Baffle.

It has been a lot of fun but challenging.

Old May 8th, 2016, 07:56 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

@rym

Here you go:

My A-Wing build was

Tycho Celchu
+ Chardaan Refit
+ A-Wing Test Pilot
+ Rage
+ Adaptability
+ Experimental Interface

Jake Farrell
+ Chardaan Refit
+ A-Wing Test Pilot
+ Veteran Instincts
+ Push the Limit
+ Autothrusters

Arvel Crynyd
+ Chardaan Refit
+ A-Wing Test Pilot
+ Adaptability

Gemmer Sojan
+ Chardaan Refit
+ A-Wing Test Pilot
+ Push the Limit

This was mostly an excuse to get all 4 names A-Wing pilots into one build. It's not top-tier competitive, but it is a lot of fun to fly. Usually Adaptability gives you two PS5 pilots and two PS9 for flexibility.

I'll let @MegaSilver give you the details of his, but it was awesome.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 8th, 2016, 09:16 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

This was my list:

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=S...20and%20Moralo
Old May 11th, 2016, 09:34 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Got two Jumpmasters repainted thanks to @Soundwarp SG-1 .

Rustbucket and Tel alongside Dengar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jumpmasters.jpg (100.6 KB, 2 views)
Old May 27th, 2016, 12:36 PM

FYI, Coolstuffinc has a big x wing sale going on. Very good prices.

Old May 27th, 2016, 12:51 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
If only I were not on a tight budget right now.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 27th, 2016, 03:42 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Oh man. I almost wish I hadn't seen this. I know next to nothing about this game except that so many of you like it and it looks cool. What sort of mileage could one get with just a single core set?

X-Wing: The Force Awakens Core Set
or
X-Wing: Core Set

How long does a typical game of X-Wing last?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 27th, 2016, 04:00 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Oh man. I almost wish I hadn't seen this. I know next to nothing about this game except that so many of you like it and it looks cool. What sort of mileage could one get with just a single core set?

X-Wing: The Force Awakens Core Set
or
X-Wing: Core Set

How long does a typical game of X-Wing last?
I might pick TFA set over the other set. You will have fun with just one set, but you will quickly want to get quite a bit more. Additional Core Sets and a couple of the Most Wanted pack are the best way to get a lot more ships for your dollar.

Playing with just 36 points (what you'll be doing if you just have 1 core set) takes ~30 minutes. Playing a normal 100 point game takes 1-2 hours. Maybe faster once you really know what you're doing, but at best you'll get down to the 45 minutes you could get from a Heroscape game.

--
--
--

--
Old May 27th, 2016, 04:30 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
but you will quickly want to get quite a bit more.
Hah! You see, THAT is the part that I am worried about.

I have about $40 bucks that I intended to spend to expand my small Heroscape set. But then I saw this post and watched a Youtube gameplay video for this game. It looks REALLY cool and like a lot of fun.

Now IF I was to get a core set, you recommend getting the Most Wanted pack? That would be better than getting both core sets?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; May 27th, 2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old May 27th, 2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Hah! You see, THAT is the part that I am worried about.

I have about $40 bucks that I intended to spend to expand my small Heroscape set. But then I saw this post and watched a Youtube gameplay video for this game. It looks REALLY cool and like a lot of fun.

Now IF I was to get a core set, you recommend getting the Most Wanted pack? That would be better than getting both core sets?
It would add a third faction to your play and open up some double-duty ships to invest in next (Slave I, HWK, and one other).

Whether you should do that instead of a second Core set, well... I'm not sure.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures