Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 5th, 2022, 07:42 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Ozzy-Scaper,

As has been mentioned in the other thread, on BGG, and originally on youtube (I don't do social media; but I've been cross posting it like crazy) portals have now been opened for the UK, soon for the EU, and hopefully later for others like Australia. Apparently Hasbro needs to make arrangements with local companies for this, but its been started, so hang in there!
Old October 5th, 2022, 07:54 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
I was surprised by how much content they've already worked on, and if they're already laying out plans for expansions then they've got a big head start on content
They have thrown out ideas and concept sketches, but I doubt they've designed any units. They have said the set they're taking orders for now isn't complete and the army cards aren't finalized, I doubt they're putting in serious work for expansions to a product that might not even be produced. I'm curious if there is any work going on now to finish the units for the new set, or if there is a freeze until the campaign ends.
FWIW some of the play testers have said they’ve already done play tests with units for future expansions. While this may seem odd given they have not finished the designs in this set, my guess would be they have some strong synergy with units in this set and so they’re being designed and tested together to make sure they work right.

I think this also shows that AH has a lot of faith that this will be successful.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old October 5th, 2022, 08:18 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
We are now at 1600 backers, i.e. 20% funded and $400,000 committed. That's awesome from the OG community. This is on Hasbro - if you want $1.6M from new gamers, do some marketing to new gamers. Create an entry point for them. Do something.

This is awesome support, stoked on this community.
This is a really good start in just the first few days which is encouraging and it seems to be steady in growth every time I check back. I do think this thing can really blow up. So much potential here and hopefully they can capitalize on the strong start.
Old October 5th, 2022, 08:22 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Can you do cavemen?
A lot of people have neanderthal DNA and may not appreciate that representation of their elders.
The picture below should help explain why I like Heroscape. It's the kind of toy I played with as a kid. (I'm surprised Ken Ham hasn't tried to reprint this. lol)

Especially the modular terrain aspect of it.

The above models represents less than half of the complete collection, which I had (complete), fully assembled, painted, with all the bases connected, spread out on the basement floor.
https://www.tylisaari.com/prehistoricscenes/main.html

Fortunately, they included this, so kids didn't get the "wrong" idea.
Wow that is freaking awesome. A little before my time so not surprised I have never heard of it. Good stuff.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 5th, 2022, 08:33 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy-scaper View Post
As I’m sure has been said already, the lack of easy access for Australian and Oceania backers is really frustrating. I can back it via preorder with EB Games at over double the pledge cost (higher than currency conversion). Sheesh! All of my long-time-suffering gaming friends are shrugging their shoulders and pointing their wallets at Games Workshop…. Help me Hasbro - you’re my only hope!
We'll give Hasbro a few more weeks to figure it out, but if they don't, see the link in my signature regarding international shipping.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 5th, 2022, 03:15 PM

sandlinger Woo who?

Will the Haslabs tracking be updated anytime soon?
Old October 5th, 2022, 04:21 PM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlinger View Post
Look at the leftmost blue dot, it was updated 4-5 hrs ago (if I’m understanding the graph correctly).
Old October 5th, 2022, 04:25 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlinger View Post
Look at the leftmost blue dot, it was updated 4-5 hrs ago (if I’m understanding the graph correctly).
Indeed, I update daily a number of times manually, and that file is embedded in the first post for easy reference. I update when I wake up, before I go to bed, and a few times a day as I have time. When I have some more time this weekend and we have a full week of the campaign I'm going to change the linear fit to remove the initial ramp at release.

Last edited by S1R_ART0R1US; October 5th, 2022 at 04:25 PM. Reason: words
Old October 6th, 2022, 06:34 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

1800 backers. This is going much steadier than I anticipated. Still though, we're not even 25% of the way there
Old October 6th, 2022, 06:35 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm happy there was less of a drop off than I was expecting, yeah. 1200 more in these next two days to keep us on pace with the Heroquest funding, so it'd have to be a pretty huge Thursday and Friday, but so long as the pace stays steady, I think it'll be OK. Even getting to 2000 by the end of the first week will feel decent, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 6th, 2022, 06:39 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Getting to 1800 last night implies we are picking up speed, but I doubt we will hit 4k until another week or two.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 6th, 2022, 06:41 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Getting to 1800 last night implies we are picking up speed, but I doubt we will hit 4k until another week or two.
Picking up speed compared to what? First day (as with most crowdfunders) was still by far the biggest day for backers.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion