Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old October 22nd, 2017, 08:45 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
If my figure is on a second ladder rung, would that be level 3 or 4?
Depends on what level it is at the bottom of the ladder, dunnit? If water, ice, hot lava, or shadow, it could be as low as level 0.

The first rung in one level higher than the landing space. The second rung is three levels higher than the landing space. Each additional rung is 2 levels higher than the previous one.

~Z
This is what I was looking for. Thanks!
Old November 4th, 2017, 02:44 AM

Athallo is surprisingly tart

In a 1v1v1 is it always last one standing wins? Played a game the other day where one person by far killed the most figures, but then lost his last figure and was out. So the winner of the game killed about 5 figures, where the first guy out killed 17.
Old November 4th, 2017, 10:48 AM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athallo View Post
In a 1v1v1 is it always last one standing wins? Played a game the other day where one person by far killed the most figures, but then lost his last figure and was out. So the winner of the game killed about 5 figures, where the first guy out killed 17.
For that reason, a popular multiplayer game is to keep score of points killed. It encourages aggressive attacking play rather then turtling. With this method, your friend who killed 17 figures would have won even though he had no figures left.
Old November 4th, 2017, 11:04 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEROSCAPERMTL View Post
Quote:
For that reason, a popular multiplayer game is to keep score of points killed. It encourages aggressive attacking play rather then turtling. With this method, your friend who killed 17 figures would have won even though he had no figures left.
Another method would be the "kill the guy on the left" which can find you saving the guy on the right while he's trying to get you.
That can be a lot of fun.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 4th, 2017 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Proper use of order markers required.
Old November 4th, 2017, 11:13 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I tend to prefer "kill the guy on your right". It provides more dilemma decision points. Do I attack the guy on my right to try to win faster? Or do I try to take out some of the units that are about to attack me so as to survive longer (but thereby helping the guy on my right to win faster)?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old November 4th, 2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEROSCAPERMTL View Post
Quote:
When you play this way, how does it work. Say I have a unique hero worth 100 points, and someone kills him. I assume they get 100 points. But if I have a squad with 4 figures, 100 points. Someone kills 1 of them, do they get 25 points? Or is it whoever kills the last one.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=54409
Old November 4th, 2017, 05:05 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Usually you’d get the points for killing a figure, not for killing the last figure. You should also get points for wounding heroes. It’d be a good idea to have pen and paper ready.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 4th, 2017, 09:23 PM

How do you figure out how much points you get for wounding/killing a figure?
Old November 4th, 2017, 09:26 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
If my figure is on a second ladder rung, would that be level 3 or 4?
Depends on what level it is at the bottom of the ladder, dunnit? If water, ice, hot lava, or shadow, it could be as low as level 0.

The first rung is one level higher than the landing space. The second rung is three levels higher than the landing space. Each additional rung is 2 levels higher than the previous one.

~Z
CMGames is exactly right, although technically, ladders aren't supposed to be placed on 0-height tiles.

Quote:
How do you figure out how much points you get for wounding/killing a figure?
Scoring can differ slightly, but you usually just get the point value on the card. So if you kill one Marro Stinger, you get 20 points (60 points / 3). For heroes, some people play that the person who kills the hero gets all the points. Others play that you get points for each wound you put on.

I've never done either kind of scoring before, but for those who have, I have a question. How do healing powers or rebirth powers play into point totals? I could imagine a situation where one army was playing against a zombie army, and the zombie army was clearly winning, yet the opponent would win by technicality because they destroyed more points in zombies.
Old November 4th, 2017, 10:17 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Try 'Keep what you Kill'.

Each figure destroyed by a player is placed in their destroyed pile. These are scored at the end of the game. Re-spawning figures like zombies can be drawn from these piles and can lead to some strategy when choosing which figure to return.
Old November 7th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

When playing a points game is there a formula that is used to determine what is right amount of points to win?

For example I'm playing a 1v1v1 game tonight 550 point armies. Should victory be 400, 500, 600 points? Trying this for the first time.
Old November 7th, 2017, 10:45 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
When playing a points game is there a formula that is used to determine what is right amount of points to win?

For example I'm playing a 1v1v1 game tonight 550 point armies. Should victory be 400, 500, 600 points? Trying this for the first time.
The formula is whatever you'd like it to be. Most people in that example would probably just decide that whoever earns the most points wins.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's